Dr. Murray geht in Berufung

    • Link ist bereits korrigkiert Blümchen
      _____________

      Das 2nd District Court of Appeal hat Murrays Antrag auf Wiederanhörung kurz und bündig abgelehnt.


      Court: No rehearing in Michael Jackson doc's case

      Updated 6:39 pm, Thursday, February 13, 2014


      LOS ANGELES (AP) — An appellate court is refusing to grant a rehearing to Michael Jackson's doctor on the appeal of his involuntary manslaughter conviction.

      A 2nd District Court of Appeal panel issued a brief ruling Thursday correcting clerical and grammatical errors in its opinion last month that denied Conrad Murray's appeal. His lawyer asked for the corrections to prepare for filing a further appeal with the California Supreme Court.

      The new document concluded tersely: "Appellant's petition for rehearing is denied."

      The court unanimously upheld Murray's conviction, determining there was substantial evidence of his guilt presented at trial. He served two years in jail for causing Jackson's 2009 death.

      Murray was convicted in 2011 of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol while the singer prepared for a series of comeback concerts titled "This is it."

      sfgate.com/news/crime/art...se-5233737.php

    • Der Supreme-Court hat ohne jeglichen Kommentar Murrays Antrag auf Überrprüfung der Ablehnung seiner Berufung verweigert.

      charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/…-review.html#.U1hFDvldWSo

      Court won't review Michael Jackson doctor's case
      Read more here: charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/…U1hFDvldWSo#storylink=cpy
      By LINDA DEUTSCH
      AP Special Correspondent
      By LINDA DEUTSCH The Associated Press
      Posted: Wednesday, Apr. 23, 2014
      Modified: Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014
      Reed Saxon, Pool, File - AP PhotoFILE - In this Friday, Oct. 21, 2011 file photo, Michael Jackson's former doctor Conrad Murray sits in a courtroom during his involuntary manslaughter trial in Los Angeles.The California Supreme Court refused Wednesday April 23, 2014, to review the involuntary manslaughter conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor, rejecting his lawyer's petition without comment.

      Buy Photo | Store |
      LOS ANGELES The California Supreme Court refused Wednesday to review the involuntary manslaughter conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor, rejecting his lawyer's petition without comment.
      The decision by the state's highest court was the latest stop on Dr. Conrad Murray's legal odyssey. A state appeals court upheld his conviction earlier this year and then refused to reconsider its decision.
      Attorney Valerie Wass said Murray will take his fight to federal court. "We're greatly disappointed, but we intend to pursue this in federal court," Wass said.
      She said she telephoned Murray with the news and, "He said, 'The fight is not over.' "
      Authorities said Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in 2009 while the singer prepared for a series of comeback concerts.
      Murray was convicted in 2011 and served two years in jail. He was released in October because of a change in California law requiring nonviolent offenders to serve their sentences in county jails and as a result of credits for good behavior.
      The six-week trial focused on Murray's care of Jackson, including nightly doses of propofol to help the entertainer sleep.
      The earlier appellate court decision said, "The evidence demonstrated that Mr. Jackson was a vulnerable victim and that (Murray) was in a position of trust, and that (Murray) violated the trust relationship by breaching standards of professional conduct in numerous respects."
      Since his release, Murray has been traveling and spending time with family, "trying to get his life back together." Wass said.
      The federal appeal she plans to file will focus on media coverage of the trial and exposure of the unsequestered jury to the Internet, Wass said. Murray has maintained throughout his appeals that the jury should have been sequestered because of the flood of publicity surrounding the case

      Read more here: charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/…U1hFDvldWSo#storylink=cpy
    • She said she telephoned Murray with the news and, "He said, 'The fight is not over.' "


      Dann soll der Gute mal weiterkämpfen. Vielleicht nehmen sie ja doch noch irgendwann einmal das Verfahren wieder auf und Murray kriegt dann statt vier Jahre lebenslänglich. :sm: Ich würde es ihm jedenfalls von Herzen gönnen.
    • :Tova:

      LenaLena schrieb:

      Der Supreme-Court hat ohne jeglichen Kommentar Murrays Antrag auf Überrprüfung der Ablehnung seiner Berufung verweigert.
      eine wirklich gute nachricht..

      gut meine ich in dem sinn, dass 'sie' sich wohl an das 'urteil' vom prozess gegen murray 'halten'..

      und ja bridge, dr.death hätte bei mir auch eine völlig andere strafe erhalten..

      :blume:
    • LenaLena schrieb:

      Der Supreme-Court hat ohne jeglichen Kommentar Murrays Antrag auf Überrprüfung der Ablehnung seiner Berufung verweigert.

      :klatschen:

      Ich werde ohnehin nie verstehen, wieso er beim Prozess nicht den Mund aufgemacht hat, aber jetzt auf einmal reden will....
      :herz: :herz: "Wer für etwas kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren." :herz: :herz:
    • Murray kämpft weiter

      26. April 2014

      Das oberste Gericht von Kalifornien (California Supreme Court) hat
      abgelehnt, den Schuldspruch der fahrlässiger Tötung gegen Conrad Murray
      neu zu begutachten. Obwohl Murrays Antrag kommentarlos abgelehnt wurde,
      zieht er den Fall weiter.

      Das Vorgehen des California Supreme Court stützt den Entscheid, welcher
      das Berufungsgericht bereits im Januar gefällt hatte: Es seien keine
      Fehler während der Gerichtsverhandlung vorgefallen. Murrays Anwältin,
      Valerie Wass, wird den Fall weiter vor Bundesgericht ziehen: „Wir sind
      sehr enttäuscht, aber wir beabsichtigen dies vor Bundesgericht
      fortzusetzen.“ Sie habe nach dem Entscheid des California Supreme Court
      mit Murray gesprochen. Murray meinte, der Kampf sei noch nicht vorbei.

      Den Fokus, bei der Berufung vor Bundesgericht, wird Wass auf die
      Medienberichterstattung während des Prozesses setzen. Wass spricht dabei
      die grosse Medienpräsenz an, ihrer Meinung nach hätte die Jury während
      der Verhandlung abgesondert werden müssen: „Bei diesem Fall war eine
      noch nie dagewesene Berichterstattung durch die Medien vorhanden. Der
      Prozess wurde im Fernsehen, und live im Internet übertragen, mehr als
      2200 Reporter aus aller Welt berichteten über die Verhandlung.“ Wass
      klagt an, dass die Verbreitung der Informationen durch die modernen
      Medien es den Jury Mitgliedern unmöglich gemacht habe, nicht mit der
      Medienberichterstattung während des Prozesses in Kontakt gekommen zu
      sein.

      Quellen: jackson.ch, laindependent.com, nydailynews.com

      Weiterlesen unter jackson.ch/murray-kampf-weiter/
      Copyright © jackson.ch