Erinnerungen an Michael

Geplante Forumschließung am 20.05.2024

Verhindere die Schließung mit einer Spende:

Jetzt Spenden
  • ..."nur" eine kleine Geschichte..

braile469bxy3kp8.jpg

Michael with Nicholas Killen and Mum Susan, whose story regarding later losing the hat that Michael gave him on this occasion, their house and his toys was in a previous post this evening.

Thank you to Mahe Guilmain who has added this footnote that accompanied the photo:
    The boy had lost his sight in life-saving cancer surgery in July 1992 but beamed with joy as Michael shook his hand and hugged him. Then Michael gave him an autograph embossed with a Braille Message saying "To Nicholas with love Michael Jackson".

Michael mit Nicholas Killen und Mama Susan. Die Kappe, die Michael ihm hier gab, hat er später durch ein Feuer in ihrem Haus verloren.
    Mahe Gulimain zu dem Foto: der Junge hat im Juli 1992 sein Augenlicht durch eine lebensrettende Krebs OP verloren, aber er strahlte vor Freude als Michael ihm die Hand schüttelte und ihn umarmte. Michael gab ihm dann ein Autogramm, mit einer Botschaft auf Braille, die sagte: "Für Nicholas mit Liebe, Michael Jackson."
    (Dangerous Word Tour, Leeds)

braile378vnhgk5u.jpg

...in dem Zeitungsbericht steht, dass das Haus von Nicholas brannte und sie hätten sich an Michaels Büro gewandt und berichtet, dass Nicholas die Kappe von Michael deshalb verloren habe...Michael lies ihm 2 neue Kappen und eine Tour Jacke schicken...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von maja5809faithkeeper ()

• Vielen Dank für den link zu diesem wunderbaren Artikel. Überhaupt an alle für diese positiven Berichte und Erinnerungen. Nun kommt Mecker-Molly: Wie immer fällt mir dazu aber auch ein, dass es Mike gut getan hätte, wenn sie dies alles VOR seinem Tode von sich gegeben hätten!

Ich muss noch unbedingt was loswerden. Erstens zu der großartigen Würdigung von dem berühmten Tänzer des Bolschoi-Theaters Mikhail Baryshnikov. Ein höheres Lob aus einem solch berufenen Munde kann‘s nicht geben!
    Zweitens: Genau DAS, was Mikhail Baryshnikov sagt, habe ich schon immer gesagt. Er bewegt sich unglaublich, auch wenn er NICHT tanzt. Einmal beschrieb ich das, als ich aus dem Bett sich erheben sah (Hotel Adlon), leicht wie eine Feder. Immer sagte ich, es ist, als habe er unter seinen Füßen so was wie ein Trampolin!

• Zitat

Er bewegt sich unglaublich, auch wenn er NICHT tanzt. Einmal beschrieb ich das, als ich aus dem Bett sich erheben sah (Hotel Adlon), leicht wie eine Feder. Immer sagte ich, es ist, als habe er unter seinen Füßen so was wie ein Trampolin!

...guck mal, das ist nicht nur dir aufgefallen...

He is extremely beautiful, fragile and totally unearthly. I always had the feeling that he is not standing on the floor but slightly floating on air. Michael Jackson knows that he appears like that on others and he also knows how to employ it. " Gottfried Helnwein

„Er ist wunderschön, fragil und völlig unirdisch. Ich hatte immer das Gefühl, er steht gar nicht richtig auf dem Boden, sondern schwebt leicht. Michael Jackson weiß um diese Wirkung auf andere, und er versteht sie auch einzusetzen.“ :wolke1:

MELISSA

melissaz38t7sa61c.jpg

Melissa the little girl who went back 3 times to see Michael in Paris during his Museum Grevin visit went back to the museum when Michael Died. She is now 18 and behind her she fits her hand into Michaels Handprint Block and Framed Signature that Michael did in 1997.

Michaels visit to the Museum:

After meeting the sculptor twice at the Grévin Museum between 1996 and 1997, Michael Jackson came to inaugurate his wax figure on 19 April 1997 at 11am
    Many fans gladly made the trip to welcome the king of pop. So many fans did, that the Grevin museum, in collaboration with the police , closed off the Grands Boulevards.
    At 11:50 , a Renault Espace registered 415 ADB 77 parks in front of the museum . After greeting the crowds , signing autographs for more than 10 minutes , Michael and his entourage entered Grevin museum. The mime Marceau made a surprise appearance at the unveiling of Michaels wax statue. Marceau, in a performance dedicated to him , mimicked the work of the sculptor until, like magic, the wax figure of the singer appeared on stage.

Upon leaving the museum , maNY fans are waiting for him . There are more than 15 minutes to sign autographs ( including one on the book of tickets).

A little girl, brought by her parents beyond the safety barriers , runs towards the star with a big smile and hands him a photo to be autographed . Michael dedicated the photo to her, kissed her gently on her head and she went running .

The little girl full of poise, went back , once, twice, three times. Among many laughs Michael Jackson eventually took her in his arms and waited for her parents to take a picture .

A beautiful moment full of tenderness and innocence .

melissa200973caw8lfrb.jpg

Melissa ist das kleine Mädchen, die in Paris, während Michals Besuch des Grevin Museums (19.4.1997) 3 Mal zu ihm hinlief.. Sie ist jetzt 18..und hat jetzt ihre Hand in den Abdruck gelegt, den Michael 1997 gemacht hat.

(...) als Michael 1997 das Museum verlies, gab er draussen für mehr als 15 Minuten Autogramme an Fans. Ein kleines Mädchen wurde von ihren Eltern hinter die Sicherheitsabsperrung gebracht, rennt auf ihn zu und gibt ihm ein Foto zum signieren. Michael schreibt ihr eine Widmung aufs Foto und küsst sie sanft auf den Kopf..und sie läuft los... ganz selbstsicher läuft sie wieder zu ihm zurück..einmal..zweimal, dreimal. Schliesslich nahm Michael sie in seine Arme und wartete, damit ihre Eltern ein Foto machen konnten....

melissanx9a8qoi40.jpg :herz:

• Ich weiß leider nicht, ob es diese süsse Geschichte schon gab ?!
    (leider kann ich sie nur in englisch einstellen und hoffe auf Verständnis und evtl. eine Übersetzung)

Michaels Friseurin Lottie Rose (1981 oder 1984 - 1994) teilt im EBONY-Magazine 9/2009 ihre Erinnerungen an Michael:

Michael Jackson Style

by Margena A. Christian

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net…_8964237_1439409671_n.jpg
    attachment.php?attachmentid=52371&d=1328733521

When people really want to pull of a good Michael Jackson impersonation,
    it's about more than the moves. The look is just as critical. It's
    about the outfit, the white glove, the hat, and most important, the
    hair. Jackson's preferred permanent wave, which he wore during the 80's
    and is known as the Care Free Curl, was done for a decade by Los Angeles
    cosmetologist Lottie Rose. Being the true Virgo that he was, Michael
    always made certain that his hair and appearance were near perfect. Rose
    became so noted for her work with Michael that Jackson brothers Marlon
    and Randy also had her style their curls. Even singer Rockwell, otown
    founder Berry Gordy's son who recorded the song, "Someone's Watching Me"
    with Michael, had her work magic an his mane, too.

ON FIRST MEETING MICHAEL JACKSON: It was in August 1981. He was
    turning 23 the next day. He had a performance in Pasadena, Calif., and
    wanted to look good. At the time, I had my own salon, The Beauty Parlor,
    in Torrence, Calif. I put up a partition so those in the salon could
    not see him. He walked in and took off his little beanie. I examined his
    hair and his scalp. I asked when he had his last permanent. It had been
    a long time since his last curl. His hair was kind of matted. He was
    very quiet. He didn't ask a lot of questions. I received "yes" and "no"
    answers when I asked questions. The partition was up so that he could
    have his privacy, although he was constantly trying to look over the
    partition to see who was looking at him.

ON HIS FAMOUS HAIRLINE: That was his idea to create the little
    hairline that was laying down flat and smooth with the wave. We would
    fight about it. It wasn't [to] my liking. When I would finish his hair,
    he would get up and comb it into place. He would also pull strands down
    where he wanted them placed. He became that comfortable where he would
    let me know what he wanted.

ON THE PEPSI ACCIDENT WHERE HIS HAIR CAUGHT FIRE: I was summoned
    by a doctor to come and assist him in evaluating the damage that had
    been done to Michael's hair. For a while, I traveled with him for some
    of his engagements. We had a little hairpiece apparatus to cover that
    area until it healed enough for him to be comfortable with his real
    hair. [The fire] burned an area in the top of [Michael's] head. Between
    the doctor and me, we kind of worked with it until we got it going
    again. For several years after that he kept getting the permanent wave.

ON WORKING FOR HIM: He was a fun-loving person who treated me
    more or less as a friend. When I traveled with him, he made sure I would
    come and meet anyone who was around. The places we would go--every
    dinner or performance--he made certain that I attended with him. He
    wanted me to be prepared to go. He would not take me away from home and
    leave me in the hotel. I was well accomodated when we traveled. After
    the scalp burn, he had meetings in New York. I met Brooke Shields, Liza
    Minelli, Yul Brynner and his wife, and I was so honored to meet
    Jacqueline Onasis.

ON SHARING HIS HOME: After a year, he would call me, "Miss
    LottieClaudie." That was his nickname for me. Around this time he also
    asked me to start doing his hair at his parents' Encino home. To follow
    safety measures, I encouraged them to put a salon in their home. When he
    moved to Neverland, I told him to put a salon there, too. Dealing with
    chemicals, I wanted to maintain safety measures. He would allow me to
    bring my daughter with me. She would stay nights and sleep in Michael's
    bed. I would be working on him. At Neverland, because the drive was so
    long, I would stay and we would have our own little room.

ON BEING PLAYFUL: He liked to play and pity-pat around. He
    thought it was funny to work on me. I was doing his hair and he'd be
    rubbing my leg. Or there would be something crawling on me and it would
    be something he was doing. While I would be doing Michael's hair,
    Bubbles would run by in a diaper and slap me on the leg. Michael thought
    that was so funny. He said, "He loves you, Lottie." He thought it was
    funny for Bubbles to entertain me. Once in a while Michael would grab my
    hand and say, "Let's swing out a little bit." We would dance. He would
    hum something and we would dance.

ON THE MICHAEL SHE KNEW: He was very kind and nice. How do you
    keep yourself in the media? They don't want to hear anything good. You
    gotta let them say something bad and it goes on and on. That's how you
    keep your name out there. I wonder about some of the things I have heard
    and if they were really true. As I've said, when you are real good, no
    one wants to hear anything about you. Most people who know him
    personally have said the same thing. He was such a giving person. He was
    a fine friend. He treated me as if I was a friend to him. I respect
    that.

ON WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT ABOUT HIM: He never complained about how he was being accepted by people. I never heard him wimper or complain about that at all.

http://www.themjifc.com/forum/michae...-magazine.html

• (Ich hoffe, dies ist noch nicht drin...)

Quelle: http://www.travelswithmichaelj…1/archives/01-2012/1.html

Aileen Medz (frühere Privatlehrerin von Paris, Prince und Blanket)

Meine erste Reise mit Michael Jackson und seinen Kindern in Paris, Frankreich.

medz3cj0m268xew.jpg

Bahrain - Eines Nachmittags nach der Schule kamen die Kinder zu mir und gaben mir ein Geschenk.

"Hey Miss Aileen, ein Geschenk von Daddy!"
    Ich bin sicher, die Kinder sahen die Sterne in meinen Augen, als ich die wunderschön verpackte Schachtel öffnete. Ich war ganz aus dem Häuschen, nicht nur, weil es mein erster Apple iPod war, sondern weil er mir von niemand Geringerem als Michael Jackson geschenkt worden war. Wie cool war DAS!?

medzcwt4gr62bd.jpg

medz22bhk8cys3r.jpg

Es gab Tage in der Vergangenheit, an denen ich vergaß, dass mein Boss der berühmteste Mensch in der ganzen Welt war, der unvergleichliche Michael Jackson. Bitte versteht mich nicht falsch. Es war so, weil ich ihn jeden Tag sah. Ich sah ihn, wenn er nur einen Schlafanzug trug, manchmal in seinem Donald-Duck-Shirt und begegnete ihm hin und wieder in der Speisekammer.

Nach der Schule rief er mich manchmal auf meinem Handy an und stellte Fragen zu schulischen Angelegenheiten oder ähnlichem.
    Manchmal verpasste ich seinen Anruf und dann hinterließ er eine Voice Message: "Hi Miss Aileen, hier ist Mr. Jackson. Bitte rufen Sie mich so bald wie möglich zurück. Danke."
    Er benahm sich NIEMALS wie ein "Superstar" uns gegenüber, obwohl er ein wahrer Superstar war. Er war von Natur aus freundlich und es war eine Freude, bei ihm zu sein.

Die Leute sagen mir immer wieder, wie glücklich ich mich schätzen kann, Michael Jackson getroffen und für ihn gearbeitet zu haben. Dem kann ich nur voll und ganz beipflichten. Vielleicht habe ich doch etwas richtig gemacht in meinem Leben, dass mir eine solche Chance vergönnt war. Es war wirklich ein Segen. Mr. Jackson war ein Segen.

Er gab mir die Chance, die Welt zu sehen... buchstäblich. Ich reiste mit ihnen um die Welt und machte die Erfahrung so vieler "erster Male" in meinem Leben, wie private Reisen in einem gecharterten Flugzeug, Reisen in der Ersten Klasse und Businessklasse, wohnte in 5-Sterne-Hotels und so vieles mehr.

Ich kann mich immer noch genau an dieses Gespräch mit ihm am Flughafen erinnern.
    Ich: "Mr. Jackson, wenn Sie nicht wären, wäre ich nicht in der Lage, zu reisen und diese schönen Orte zu sehen. Danke, dass Sie mir die Welt zeigen."
    Mr. Jackson: "Es ist mir ein Vergnügen, Miss Aileen. Danke, dass Sie meine Kinder unterrichten. Gott segne Sie."

Aber über materielle Dinge hinaus, bin ich ihnen so dankbar für die Liebe, den Respekt und das Vertrauen. Sie behandelten mich nie wie einen Außenseiter, sondern wie einen Teil ihrer Familie. Ich wohnte, wo sie wohnten und aß das gleiche Essen wie sie. Ich fühlte mich nie wie eine Ausgestoßene. Es ist auch der Erwähnung wert, dass seine Kinder so freundlich und höflich waren. Sie vergaßen nie, Bitte und Danke zu sagen. Hut ab vor Mr. Jackson! Er hat seine Kinder wunderbar erzogen.

Die Welt kannte Mr. Jackson als einen brillanten Performer... Ich kannte ihn als ehrbaren Mann, großartigen Vater von Prince, Paris und Blanket, und den coolsten Boss auf diesem Planeten.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dancer () aus folgendem Grund: Rächtschraibung. :-D

• Donny Osmond

Wir hatten viel gemeinsam, wir waren beide 9 Geschwister, und ich bin auch das 7 Kind, so wie Michael. Unsere Mütter haben am gleichen Tag Geburtstag..Er fragte mich immer über meine Familie, besonders über meine Mutter.. (...) einmal fuhr er mit Michael in dessen RR zu Quincy Jones...(er war übrigens ein fürchterlicher Fahrer) im Auto hörten sie Thriller und Donny fragte Michael, ob er ihm Tips geben könne, wie man es schafft, solche Dinge zu machen..Michael gab ihm einen Rat: "Du solltest deinen Namen ändern.." Donny fragte "Was"?..Michael: " Ja, dein Name ist Gift..du hast ein Image, was einfach nicht funktioniert."...aber irgendwie hatte er Recht, als 1998 "Soldier of love" rauskam, kam es ohne Namen raus, und die Radiostationen spielten es, weil sie nicht wussten, dass es von mir ist. Und als sie es wussten, war es schon ein Hit...

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-…-of-michael-jackson-video

During an interesting chat with Dr. Phil, Donny Osmond explained that he and Michael Jackson met and became friends when they were both 13 years old. After presenting an American Music Award together, the two decided that they were hungry, so they piled into Donny’s limo and ordered tacos from a nearby Jack in the Box. The two opened the moon roof, stood up and enjoyed their tacos while cruising the Sunset Strip. “That’s one of my best memories of Michael. We both laughed our heads off,” Donny told Dr. Phil.

Donny und Michael waren befreundet als sie 13 waren. Nachdem sie zusammen einen AMA überreicht hatten, entschieden sie, dass sie jetzt Hunger hätten und stiegen in Donnys Limo und bestellten tacos aus einem Jack In The Box in der Nähe. Sie öffneten das Schiebedach und assen ihre Tacos während sie über den Sunset strip fuhren. "Das ist eine meiner besten Erinnerungen an Mj, wir lachten uns halb tod."

• Das ist so ein schönes, bewegendes Gedicht... :herz: -lichen Dank, liebe heartonline. :flowers:
    Auf der Blogseite "Dancing with the elephant" hatte ein User es mal eingestellt, rein als Text, aber dieses Video....das ist nochmal was ganz anderes...

:herz: Michael Jackson - forever the King of Pop. A genre of music. Mainly, a beautiful human being. :herz:
    es ist, was es ist... sagt die liebe

• Oh so schöne Begebenheiten :love:

: "Es ist mir ein Vergnügen, Miss Aileen. Danke, dass Sie meine Kinder unterrichten. Gott segne Sie."

:herz: :herz: :herz:

Es ist auch der Erwähnung wert, dass seine Kinder so freundlich und höflich waren. Sie vergaßen nie, Bitte und Danke zu sagen. Hut ab vor Mr. Jackson! Er hat seine Kinder wunderbar erzogen.

:flowers:

Die Welt kannte Mr. Jackson als einen brillanten Performer... Ich kannte ihn als ehrbaren Mann, großartigen Vater von Prince, Paris und Blanket, und den coolsten Boss auf diesem Planeten.

Das ist immer wieder sooo schön zu lesen... :love: ...und.... :rotz:

Michael gab ihm einen Rat: "Du solltest deinen Namen ändern..

irgendwie hatte er Recht, als 1998 "Soldier of love" rauskam, kam es ohne Namen raus, und die Radiostationen spielten es, weil sie nicht wussten, dass es von mir ist. Und als sie es wussten, war es schon ein Hit...

Michael :herz: hatte wirklich ein Gespür für soetwas. :hut:

einmal fuhr er mit Michael in dessen RR zu Quincy Jones...(er war übrigens ein fürchterlicher Fahrer)

:-D .. Ich mag den Gedanken wie er sich durch den Verkehr wurschtelt.. Michael :herz: hätte mir gerne ne Beule farhen dürfen:love:

Danke Heartonline :Tova: Ein schönes Vid und Gedicht.

Zitat

Auf der Blogseite "Dancing with the elephant" hatte ein User es mal eingestellt, rein als Text,

:bohr: Du hast das nicht zufällig wo abgespeichert :lg:
    Sky* :hkuss:

• :sonne:

Big storm blowing

Danger growing

Wind coming up from

Every side

Air is filled with

Flying objects

No relief

No place to hide

Fury follows

Shaking, breaking

Taking charge

Complete control

Whirling, swirling

All around me

Trying to

Destroy my soul

All so senseless

I’m defenseless

Caught in a frenzy

Wipped and tossed

Pushed and shoved and

When all is chaos

All is lost

More harsh raids

Resistance fades

I am alone, wind-

Blown and beat

Wind, you win

I must give in now

In disgrace, I

Face defeat

The, from way off

In the distance

There comes a tiny

Shaft of light

Growing brighter

Growing lighter

Shinning through me

Endless night

From a tiny

Ray of sunshine

There comes a brilliant

Amber glow

Touching all that

COmes before it

As I watch it

Grow and grow

With the sunlight

Comes the voices

All getting louder

More intense

Speaking to me

Pain and anguish

Let the healing

Now commence

Let the truth

Emerge before us

Let all the lies be

Drowned in shame

Le the storm

At last disperse to

Clear the air

Clear my name

You, my friends you

All sustain me

There to defend when

I’m attacked

You restore my

Faith and courage

When mirror

Has been cracked

You surround me

With your passion

Guiding my steps when

I’m unsure

Through your love I’m

Wrapped in sunlight

Once agin I

Feel secure

For your faith, I

Make this promise

I shall fail your

Trust, I swear

No disaster

Can destroy me

Long as I know

How much you care

Long as I know

Your love is There!
    :hut:

:herz: Michael Jackson - forever the King of Pop. A genre of music. Mainly, a beautiful human being. :herz:
    es ist, was es ist... sagt die liebe

• “Jew me, sue me, kick me, kike me....” Original Michael Jackson Song Lyrics Changed Following SWC 1995 Protest: Apology letter on view at SWC Headquarters

Michael war der erste Besucher des " Museum of Tolerance"

swcjacksonhie98ztlrjpgs_thumb.jpg

Als das History Album 1995 veröffentlicht wurde war das Simon Wiesental Center geschockt über die Lyrics von They Dont Care About Us "Jew me, sue me, kick me, kike me....” Das Center protestierte umgehend direkt bei Michael Jackson gegen die anscheinend antisemitischen Stereotypen die sich Millionen von Menschen ahhören müssten und verlangten, dass er und Sony Music diese Textstellen von dem Album entfernen sollten.

Michael reagierte darauf, in dem er persönlich die Rabbis Hier und Cooper anrief und seine "Reue" ausdrückte und schrieb anschliessend noch einen Brief dazu:

"Unglücklicher Weise haben meine Worte unbeabsichtigt Menschen verletzt, mit denen ich mich solidarisieren wollte..ich werde in allen bisher nicht ausgelieferten Alben die oben geannten Paragraphen einfügen, so dass keiner meine Musik hören wird und meine Absichten falsch interpretieren wird."

(der original Brief ist im Museum zu sehen..)

Er tat nicht nur das, sondern er ging auch eine Woche danach erneut ins Studio und nahm die falsch verstandenen Lyrics neu auf..

Michael Jackson, der erste Besucher des "Museum Of Tolerance"

Michael war der erste Besucher im Museum Of Tolerance. Er fragte an, ob er Freitags vor der Eröffnung des Museums kommen könne. Die Arbeiter waren immer noch mit den letzten Arbeiten beschäftigt, als Michael kam. Ich denke, Michael wußte über den Holocaust bescheid, aber es gab auch offensichtlich vieles, von dem er nichts wußte. Nachdem er 2,5 Stunden im Museum verbracht hatte, verlies er es tief bewegt und zu Tränen gerührt, durch die überwältigenden Eindrücke.

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site…JLnF&b=5711841&ct=7167457

• My Interniew with Michael Jackson

unbenann76t.jpg

This interview with Michael Jackson took place right after the release of the Jacksons’ album Triumph in 1980. Michael’s solo album Off the Wall had been released a year earlier and the young singer was sitting on top of this world. Here, Michael is sitting at a conference table at Columbia Records, the label they moved to after leaving Motown, with brother Tito and sister LaToya. Jackson was very friendly and in good spirits but this was a strange conversation. Whenever I would ask Michael a question, he would look at LaToya and she would paraphrase the same question. He would then look at me and offer his response. When he first did this, I just thought he was having some fun but he engaged in this pretty strange behavior for the entire interview. I have included the responses from both LaToya and Tito to convey a real sense of what it was like sitting there at this table with the great – if just a bit strange – Michael Jackson.

It's pretty interesting to note that Michael was just 22-years old when this interview took place. He was already a star but the Thriller album was still about two years away from being released and at that point Jackson would blow up like a supernova.

Steven: Destiny was a different album than Triumph. The Jacksons produced the album themselves and wrote all the material.

LaToya: Was Destiny a little bit different for you guys because you produced the album and wrote the songs?

Michael: Well, we did also on Destiny.

Steven: The entire album?

Michael: Sure. I think the difference is in progress and learning. I think each album you get better. But we wrote all the songs on Destiny except for one song, “Blame it on the Boogie.” With Triumph, I think we accomplished a lot of different things we’ve learned since Destiny. Destiny was the beginning and Triumph is like what we’ve accomplished since then. We have more freedom and we’re doing more arrangement. Trying different creative things, different sounds, all kinds of things like that now.

Steven: You feel you’ve progressed beyond the period when you were being produced by Gamble/Huff. Did you want the control of producing yourselves? Do you think they did a good job of producing the Jacksons?

LaToya: Did you feel that Gamble and Huff did a good job with the Jackson?

Michael: Well, yes, but I attribute a lot of that to the Motown days too because I feel Motown was a great school. You had some of the greatest writers in the world: Holland-Dozier-Holland; Hal Davis; the Corporation which involved ‘Fonz [Alphonzo] Mizell, Deke Richards and Barry Gordy [also Freddie Perren.] I think everybody learned from Motown; even the Beatles in their interviews they acknowledged Motown. The Tamla” Motown” days they called it. That influenced them to write some of their songs. But I see all of that as a whole and from that learning experience is what we’re doing now. We grew from that.

Steven: Did you just outgrow Motown musically?

Tito: Well it gets more involved than just a career.

Steven: Business?

Tito: There’s a business side to everything. But commenting on what Michael said with those old Martha Reeves songs and the Temptations and Surpreme songs, there’s not too many records that you could still play on your turntable today that still sound like hits. And those records still sound like hits today.

Michael: Plus it’s all about growing. I mean, you ask Why would we want to leave Motown? We want to try different things; we want to grow. It’s like the caterpillar must come out of the cocoon and be a butterfly. We have to try different things and grow and become all those different colors and elements and things like that. We’ve always wanted to write on Motown but it was never in our contract. And we could have changed our contract at Motown. But I don’t think people had confidence in us; they didn’t believe in us. They say, ”Oh, you guys just kids. Just go behind the mike.” And we’d sing. But it was good. They were hits and as long as they were hits, fine.

Tito: It’s working now.

Michael: Yeah, it’s working now. [laughs] I bet they wish they had of listened!

Steven: Can you tell that you’re getting better as musicians and songwriters? Can you look back at any of those songs and see how they might have been improved?

Tito: Well, the old songs were hits then and I don’t know about doin’ ‘em better. You really can’t say because that was a learning experience for us at that time. And now is the results. I wish we had a chance to express ourself back then.

Steven: Can you talk about how a Jacksons song gets recorded? Does somebody come in with a finished song or do you toss around vocal and melody ideas? How does it happen?

Tito: We write separately and also we write collectively. And we all just take our product, put it in one pot and listen. We have listening sessions and that’s mainly how it starts.

Michael: They come about different ways all the time. Like Tito was playing a track for me at his house one day and I said, “God, I like that.” And from that I thought of a good melody for it and it was on the album. I don’t think any writer sits down at the piano and says, “I’m gonna write a song right now.”

Tito: It’s gonna be number one.

Michael: Yeah, you can’t do that. They come. They write you. They become you. I don’t think Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci would go to the canvas and say, “I’m gonna create the Mona Lisa right now!” Or whatever. It just comes and you just have to accept that. They work through you. You don’t choose them.

Steven: By the time you’ve entered the studio, are the songs set in terms of arrangements and who’s going to sing which part?

LaToya: By the time you guys are in the studio, is it pretty set what the song is that you are gonna do?

Michael: Well, yes and no, really. It depends doesn’t it?

Tito: It depends. You can go in with one idea …

Michael: And it changes doesn’t it?

Tito: And one thing … the piano player might take the song somewhere and do a lick. You say, “Hey, everybody do that lick.”

Michael: Right.

Tito: So you never know. Or you may hear somethin’ while you’re listening back so it’s hard to say. I think one of the things to a hit song or whatever is a spare moment for things to happen. Unplanned things.

Du hast so viele Engel - Warum hast du meinen genommen ?

GONE TOO SOON...Du hast bis zum letzten Atemzug gekämpft und den Kampf gegen Deine Krankheit verloren. In unseren Herzen bleibst Du unvergessen!

R.I.P., liebe Hanne :kerze:

• Michael: Yeah, spontaneous. You know, Norman Whitfield at Motown, he used to always do that. He’d throw a bunch of musicians in a room and he’d say, “Play.” And then from that he’d come up with a hit. That’s how he wrote “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” and a lot of those big hits back then. And then what would happen, he would get into Trouble because all of the musicians would want residuals and percentage. They’d think, “You didn’t write this; we did.” He got in a lot of hot water doing that but a lot of songs come up the best way that way; you kind of play off of each other and feel it and just let it work itself.

Steven: As the main songwriter, do you play any instruments?

LaToya: Do you play any instruments?

Steven: How do you compose?

Michael: Well, Jermaine and Tito, they play guitar and Randy plays a lot of instruments. I don’t really plan an instrument. I play drums.

Tito: You do plan an instrument.

Michael: Just a teensy weensy bit of piano.

Tito: He plays enough to write the hits.

Michael: I think I have the um, I think the mind is enough alone because I can hear what I want. I have a whole orchestra up here; a whole orchestra. And I hear it and I interpret it to musicians and they put it down. It’s like Stevie [Wonder], he doesn’t write music or read music nor does Paul McCartney and he still can’t today. You just feel it really.

Steven: Does it take long to record the final track? How much time is involved in recording the vocals and everything else?

LaToya: Does the Jacksons’ vocal tracks take long to come up?

Michael: For our vocals?

LaToya: Yeah.

Steven:Does it take hours and hours to cut a vocal?

Tito: It depends on the song. Some songs are easy; some songs you can sing’ em through once and some songs take two days.

Michael: Yeah. [laughs] It depends. Some songs I’ll have musicians to put it down and I find out that it’s the wrong key completely and I can’t reach certain notes. So we have to go all the way back. That’s when it’s stupid; you just get angry. I know everybody gets mad at me but you can’t do anything.

Tito: You can’t do anything about it; you have to do it over.

Michael: But what’s good about that also is when you do it again the song becomes better also. We get better takes. Did we do that with “Shake Your Body” or “Things I Do For You”? That’s what it was; on the Destiny album. It depends though; every song is different like he said.

Steven: Did you approach Off the Wall differently than a Jacksons group album?

LaToya: Did you approach your solo record any differently than you did the Jacksons record?

[Michael is momentarily excited about a certain kind of lens the photographer is using.]

Michael: That’s neat, isn’t it? I’ve never seen one like that? Have you, Tito? That’s really great. What was your question? What was he saying? [this is addressed to LaToya]

LaToya: Umm, I forgot.

Steven:Did you approach your record any different than you would a Jacksons record?

Michael: I guess. Yes, I do really because I don’t think they should sound alike. When people buy a Jacksons album, I think they should buy a group album. When they buy my album, I think it should have a different soloist type sound to it; a different type of sound completely. And when they come to the concert, I think they should hear like it’s two different acts. When they come to the concert they should have the attitude, “They are gonna see the Jacksons and a Michael Jackson concert because of my solo songs and the Jacksons’ hits and the Jackson Five.” So they’re seeing three groups really. [laughs]

Tito: And Jermaine.

Michael: Yeah, and if Jermaine travels with us which we hope he does, they’ll hear Jermaine. And Tito. That’s what’s good about doing solo work when they scream out what they want to hear and we say, “Alright, alright!” That’s real fun. But in the show we have a section where I do my solo stuff. I put on my tuxedo and get into it.

Tito: Funky tuxedo.

Michael: Funky tuxedo! Really.

Steven: Do you have any plans for any more solo records?

LaToya: Do you have any plans for any more solo albums?

Michael: Well, I guess so because the public kind of demands once they enjoy something. And it was very successful but I wouldn’t do it soon. Not soon, no. ’82; 1982.

After the interview, Michael glided-literally-over to a corner of this rather large conference room and began dancing. It was pretty astonishing to watch him as he seemingly floated three inches above the floor. He wasn't trying to be rude or shut anybody out; rather he was just immersed in his own little world. After a few minutes, I walked over and asked him if I could take a picture with him. He smiled, nodded yes, and here is the aftermath.

I hope you dig the interview and the little story behind it. Let me know what you think. Let me know who you'd like to listen to for the next installment. I've interviewed just about everybody-more or less-and chances are good that I've talked to some of your favorites. So give me a shout.

Thanks and strive to be great.

Best,

Steve

http://connections.rock.com/_M…/blog/5002206/116748.html
    Wenn man auf den Link geht kann man das Interniew hören.

Wäre nett, wenn jemand es übersetzen könnte :lg:

Du hast so viele Engel - Warum hast du meinen genommen ?

GONE TOO SOON...Du hast bis zum letzten Atemzug gekämpft und den Kampf gegen Deine Krankheit verloren. In unseren Herzen bleibst Du unvergessen!

R.I.P., liebe Hanne :kerze:

• dorianholleytqv02nlu6h.jpg

Dorian Holley: Ich sehe meine Zeit mit MJ als ein unbeschreibliches Geschenk. Ich habe nichts dazu getan, dass ich es verdient hätte. Es war nicht, weil ich so süß, brillant oder talentiert gewesen wäre. Die Möglichkeit, mit einem der größten und talentiertesten Entertainer der Welt zu arbeiten, und von ihm zu lernen, fiel einfach vom Himmel. Ich saugte einfach alles auf. Ich versuchte einen fantastischen Job zu machen. Ich nahm es sehr ernst. In meiner Erinnerung ist es wie eine schöne Landschaft, wie eine Filmrolle, vom Singen vor einem Meer von Fans, von Vergnügungsparks die nur für die Band geöffnet waren, Michael aus nur wenigen Metern Entfernung tanzen zu sehen, und seine strahlende Supernova ähnliche intensität. MJ war der höflichste und liebevollste Mensch den ich je traf.

Dorian, Vocal Coach bei TII sagt, dass die Präsenz und die Energie des Stars in seinen letzten Wochen eindeutig da war: „Er nahm die Bühne mit einer Gruppe von Tänzern ein, die alle in den 20ern waren, aber man konnte die Augen nicht von IHM abwenden..viele seiner songs haben 6 oder 7 Teile, und er kam öfters rüber, wenn wir eine wichtige Note verpasst hatten, und er sang alle Teile im Schnelldurchgang um uns zu verdeutlichen, was er wollte. Wir sassen einfach nur da mit offenen Mündern - es war unbeschreiblich. Er konnte immer noch alles tun..der einzige Unterschied war, dass er manchmal darüber sprach, wie es ihn schmerzte.“

„Wir hatten die Technologie, sein Mikrophon seperat zu schalten, und seinem Gesang seperat von allem anderen zuzuhören. Ich hatte keine Vorstellung davon, welch ein Genie er war. Die Art, auf die er seine Stimme als ein Percussion Instrument benutzen kann, als Lyricer und Jazzsänger zu gleicher Zeit.. Ich bin sicher, dass die Leute, die in den kommenden Jahren seine Arbeit tiefer betrachten, entdecken werden, wieviel dort zu finden ist. Es hört sich fast verrückt an zu sagen, dass sich die Show nicht um ihn drehte..aber er sagte es immer zu „Wir sind hier, um eine Botschaft über die Liebe und die Achtsamkeit gegenüber unseres Planeten zu verbreiten, damit die Leute verstehen, dass es sehr wertvoll ist, und es nicht für einfach gegeben nehmen - dafür sind wir hier.“

Darryl Phinnessee (Bad, Dangerous, HIStory tours, TII): „Eine meiner schönsten Erinnerungen an Michael ist, wie ich mit ihm bei einer Probe unter der Bühne sitze und den Bericht über die Motown 25 Billie Jean Performance in seinen eigenen Worten höre. Eine andere Erinnerung ist, wie ich Michael beobachte, wie er mit meiner Tochter Darylynn mit dem „Tilt -A-Whirl“ im DisneyLand Tokyo fährt, als sie 8 Jahre alt war. Sein Mitgefühl und sein Enthusiasmus sind zwei Dinge, die ich vermissen werde.“

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1907601,00.html

http://newamericamedia.org/201…ering-michael-jackson.php

• amidthackerymcoj4wueady.jpg

...bisschen was zu den Kontroversen und Hintergründen zu Michaels Indien Besuch 1996..

Michael Jackson and Shiv Sena
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiv_Sena

Michaels Konzert in Mumbay, 1996 wurde von Bal Thakeray promotet..seine rechtskonservative Partei Shiv Sena ist sehr umstritten..

" ... Its leader ... Bal Thackeray, has ruled Mumbai like a Mafia don. ... He has compared himself to Hit.ler, for whom he once professed love, and said India needs a dictator. On the street level his thugs have beaten up young lovers holding hands on Valentine’s Day, a celebration he has denounced as a western incursion into traditional Indian modesty"

BT regiert Mumbai wie ein Maffia Boss..er vergleicht sich selbst mit Hit.ler, dem er einst Liebe schwor und er sagt, Indien brauche einen Diktator.. Seine Truppen schlagen auf der Strasse junge Paare, die am Valentinstag Händchen halten, eine Tradition die er als "westlichen Überfall auf indischeTraditionen" bezeichnet.

Michael Jacksons Mumbai Tour hatte auch Kontroversen mit Kritikern ausgelöst, die Sena's Vorstellungen von Kultur in Frage stellten. Sie sahen in den Werten, die der Sänger repräsentierte, etwas Fremdartiges, und sagten: "Wer ist Michael Jackson, und wie um alles in der Welt steht er in Zusammenhang mit der Hindu-Kultur?"

Bal Thackeray reagierte auf die Kritiker, indem er sagte:

(Original-Zitat von Bal Thackeray)
    "Jackson ist ein großartiger Künstler, und wir müssen ihn als Künstler akzeptieren. Seine Bewegungen sind fantastisch. Nicht viele Menschen können auf diese Weise tanzen. Sie werden sich höchstens die Knochen brechen. Und - was ist Kultur? Er repräsentiert bestimmte Werte in Amerika, die Indien sich nicht scheuen sollte, anzunehmen. Wir möchten diesen Teil Amerikas, den Jackson vertritt, anerkennen."

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/10298/showcase.html

Michael spendete 85% seines Gewinns aus dem Konzert einer charikativen Einrichtung..und organisierte im Garten des Hotel Oberoi ein Fest, wozu er über 50 Kinder aus Waisenhäusern einlud...

Anscheinend ist es auch eher selten - dass Dank der hohen Kultursteuern - in Mumbai große Künstler auftreten..sie gehen lieber ins "Rentnerparadies" Bangalore...

"India is another name for a pop/rock stars' retirement plan. They don't come to where it matters, i.e. Mumbai. Thanks to our state entertainment tax, they go to pensioners paradise - Bangalore.
    But not Michael Jackson. He came here when he was the King. But that's a Shiv Sena story worth a Rolling Stone India special."

http://mumbaipaused.blogspot.com/2011/05/majiwada-thane.html
    (guckt mal die Bilder in dem link...)

...für mich ist diese ganze Gerschichte ein Zeichen dafür, wie Michael über alle Politik und Reliogion hinaus, Menschen verband...trotz der Kontroversen, derer er sich sicher bewusst war, als er sich mit Bal Thackeray einlies...Michael ging es um nur die Menschen...

....ein ausführlicher Bericht über den Indien Besuch ist natürlich schon hier..
    http://www.mjjackson-forever.c…ighlight=mumbai#post40559

• Michael Jacksons engelsgleicher Spirit - Shekhar Kapur

Ohne seine spirituelle Energie, wäre es nicht möglich gewesen, das jeder Mensch auf der Welt seine Musik, seinen Tanz kannte. Es spielt keine Rolle, ob du in der Inneren Mongolei wohnst oder ein potentieller Bombenwerfer im Gaza Streifen bist, oder ein Israelischer Soldat, oder ein Kind aus einem entlegenen Dorf in Indien. Jeder kennt MJ, jeder kennt seine Lieder, kennt seinen Tanz.

Als Juror in der Show "India gots Talent" war ich darüber erstaunt, dass soviele junge Leute aus kleinen Orten und Dörfern Indiens Michael Jackson Imitationen machten, und ihn "ihren Guru" nannten. Der Beste war ein 11 jähriger Divasi, der sagte, dass Michael Jacksons Spirit in ihm sei, wenn er tanze.

Die wenigen Zeiten, als ich Michael Jackson durch meinen Freund Deepak Chopra traf, traf ich einen sehr bescheidenen Mann. Einen, der mich fühlen lies, er sei mein Fan, nicht umgekehrt. Er erinnerte mich an ein paar andere, die ich traf, deren Spirit auch offensichtlich mit den vom Körper gegebenen Grenzen nicht zufrieden war, ihr Spirit musste "fliegen" und sich universal ausdehnen. Heath Ledger und Nusrat Fathe Ali Khan waren so. Spirit , der nicht von Körper begrenzt sein will. alle starben sie jung. Wie Engel.

Und was ist mit unserem Unvermögen, mit so einem starken Spirit umzugehen? Müssen wir sie verreissen? ich sah die Qualen, die Michael Jackson in seinen letzten Jahren auszuhalten hatte, Verbrechen gegen Kinder beschuldigt, die nicht auf Wahrheit sondern auf falschen Vorwürfen basierten.

Wenn Engel unter uns erscheinen, sind wir anscheinend genötigt, sie zu vernichten...

427696279626504plkiaxbn9.jpg

http://www.intent.com/shekhark…l-jacksons-angelic-spirit

Without the energy of his spirit, it could not be possible that every human being on this planet knew his music, his dance. It did not matter that you were in innner Mangolia, or a potential suicide bomber in the Gaza Strip, or an Israeli soldier, or an kid from the most remote rural India

Everyone knew MJ, every one knew his song, and everyone knew his dance.

In judging the show “India’s Got Talent” I was amazed at the amount of young people from small town and rural India
    that did Micheal Jackson impersonations and called him their Guru. In fact the most brilliant one was an 11 year old adivasi boy, who claimed that Micheal Jackson’s spirit entered him when he danced.

The few times I met MJ through my friend Deepak Chopra (they were good friends), I met an extremely humble man. One who made me feel like he was my fan rather than the other way round. He reminded me of a few others that I met, who’s spirits were obviously uncomfortable with the limitations of their bodies, the spirits were dying to soar and to be Universal. Heath Ledger and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan were like that. Spirits not wanting to be limited by the body. All died young. Like Angels.

And what is it about us that we cannot handle strong spirits. Do we have to crucify them ? I saw the agony the Micheal Jackson had to endure in last years accused of crimes against children based not on proof but on flawed accusations.

When Angels appear amongst us, we are compelled to crucify them.

• Stan Lee (spiderman comic)

Michael Jackson habe ich ein paar Mal getroffen. Als ich ihn zum ersten Mal traf wollte er mit mir sprechen und rief mich an. Er wollte Spiderman sein, die Rechte an Spiderman kaufen…ich glaube, er wollte die Rolle von Peter Parker spielen..er sagte das nie, aber ich hab mir das gedacht. Als ich ihm sagte, dass ich nicht denke, dass die Company ihn(Spiderman) verkaufen werde, wollte er Marvel kaufen..er sagte „dann kaufe ich Marvel“..Ich weiß nicht was genau passierte, aber offensichtlich kaufte er Marvel nicht. Aber er wollte es sehr..

Er kam etwa 2 Jahre danach zu mir nach Hause, er wollte mit mir etwas besprechen, und er brachte seinen kleinen Sohn mit. Er war ein sehr fürsorglicher Vater, er brachte ein Fläschchen mit, und all diese Dinge für das Kind und er schien wirklich, so wie ich ihn kennengelernt habe, ein absolut netter Kerl zu sein. Da gab es auch etwas Tragisches an ihm. Er traf mich einmal in einem Hotel, und da war ein riesiger Raum, bestimmt der größte Raum, den man in dem Hotel mieten konnte, ohne Möbel, nichts – nur er in der Mitte des Raumes und an der Wand ein Spiegel. Er hatte einen Tanz geprobt. Aber da war etwas, was soviel Einsamkeit ausdrückte..Mein letztes Bild von ihm ist, wie er einfach da steht, in diesem leeren Raum…ich weiß nicht warum, aber ich fühlte es war etwas sehr trauriges daran..

.................................................................................

omerinz8u3dsk0.jpg

Omer Bhatthi

“[…] He was an amazing individual, even more amazing as a person than an artist. We could sit at home for hours and just watch dance moves on TV and talk about dance. He introduced me to artists I wasn't familiar with, like Frankie Lymon and Fred Astaire. He taught me so much about dancing. […] Something I'm very proud of is that I introduced him to hip-hop. […] He liked hip-hop as far as the music (beats), but even though he liked several hip-hop songs, he hadn't really got into it. I thought it had to do with the violent lyrics and all the gangsta rap back then. He thought hip-hop music was just too violent.. but when I showed him a documentary about Tupac (Shakur’s) life, he changed his views and got a whole new outlook (on it). […] [He could trust] fewer and fewer friends. […] It's very difficult (to deal with him not being here anymore), I'm dealing with it every single day. I don't like to talk about it, ‘cause it's just too difficult. […] [I last talked to him] a few days before (he died).”

"Er war eine erstaunliche Person, als Mensch noch mehr, wie als Künstler. Wir konnten stundenlang zuhause sitzen und Dancemoves im TV ansehen und uns über Tanz unterhalten. Er machte mich mit Künstlern vertraut, mit denen ich mich nicht auskannte, wie Frankie Lymon oder Fred Astaire. Er brachte mir so viel über das Tanzen bei. Etwas, worauf ich sehr stolz bin, ist, dass ich ihm HipHop zeigte. Er mochte Hip Hop, soweit es die Musik, den Beat betrifft, aber auch wenn er ein paar Hip Hop Songs mochte, hat er sich nicht sehr darein vertieft. Ich denke, es hängt mit den brutalen Texten zusammen und dem GangstaRap zu der Zeit. Er dachte, Hip Hop sei einfach zu brutal...aber als ich ihm eine Doku über Tupak Shakurs Leben zeigte, änderte er seine Sicht und bekam eine völlig neue Einstellung dazu. Er konnte immer weniger Freunden trauen. Es ist sehr schwer, damit zurecht zu kommen, dass er nicht mehr hier ist, ich kämpfe jeden Tag damit. Ich möchte nicht darüber sprechen, es ist zu schwer...Ich sprach das letzte Mal mit ihm, ein paar Tage bevor er starb.".

• Barbara Bush

In 1990 Michael went to the Whitehouse where he receives the Entertainer of the Decade Award from President Bush. The president's wife Barbara Bush recalls in her book a note she made in her diary from Michael's visit that day.

I wrote in my diary:
    He [Michael] was honored this week as Entertainer of the Decade by the Children's Museum. I went over to G's press conference announcing the Gorbachev visit and met Michael in the Oval Office, where he was talking to George and having a “photo op.” He wears the darndest clothes, skin-tight black suit with at least two big medals on his chest, and this day he had on four belts, red leather with big silver buckles. One belt was around his waist and the other three were around his left leg, two above the knee and one below. He has straight, long black hair. You really have to listen to him as he has the softest voice, almost a whisper . He was very pleasant and genuinely wanted to see the upstairs at the White House, especially the Lincoln Bedroom. So I walked him over to the residence and was just amazed by the numbers of normally sophisticated people who suddenly appeared to be walking by, gaping and staring. He does like crowds, and I can certainly understand that. After we saw the Lincoln Bedroom we went across the hall to the Queen's Bedroom with Millie and Ranger at our side. The dogs jumped up on the window and looked out at the tourists leaving by the North Portico. This was a great fun thing to do because the tourists always take one last look back and when they spot the dogs and sometimes me, they wave and take pictures. This day I asked Michael to join us at the window. I have never seen such excitement. People literally jumped, laughed out loud and waved. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had done cartwheels and somersaults.
    ~ Barbara Bush: A Memoir By Barbara Bush

0022190dec450bboxn17acqmg.jpg

bush8dq0k19p6j.jpg

Barbara Bush - Ich schrieb in mein Tagebuch:

Er (Michael) wurde diese Woche durch das Childrens Museum als Entertainer des Jahrzehnts ausgezeichnet. Ich ging rüber zu Georges Pressekonferenz, wo er den Besuch von Gorbatschow bekannt gab und traf Michael im Oval Office, wo er sich mit George unterhielt und einen Presse Termin/Fototermin hatte. Er trug seltsame Kleidung, einen hautenge schwarzen Anzug mit mindestens 2 Medaillen an der Brust, und an diesem Tag trug er 4 Gürtel, aus rotem Leder mit großen silbernen Schnallen. Ein Gürtel hatte er um die Hüfte, die anderen 3 um sein linkes Bein, 2 oberhalb des Knies, einer darunter. Er hat schwarze, lange Haare. Du musst ihm wirklich gut zuhören, weil er eine leise Stimme hat, fast ein flüstern. Er war sehr freundlich/angenehm und wollte wirklich den oberen Stock vom Weißen Haus sehen, besonders Lincolns Schlafzimmer. Also ging ich mit ihm zur Residenz und ich war einfach nur beeindruckt von der Menge der üblicherweise weltgewandten Leute, die plötzlich erschienen, zum gaffen und starren. Er mag Menschenmengen und ich kann das verstehen. Nachdem wir Lincolns Schlafzimmer angesehen hatten gingen wir durch die Halle zum Queens Bedroom, mit Millie und Ranger.. die Hunde sprangen ans Fenster und sahen den Touristen zu die durch das North Portico herausgingen. Das war lustig, weil die Touristen immer einen letzten Blick zurück warfen und wenn sie die Hunde und manchmal auch mich sahen, winkten sie immer und machten Fotos. An diesem Tag fragte ich Michael, ob er mit uns am Fenster stehen wolle. Ich habe nie so eine Aufregung gesehen. Die Leute sprangen buchstäblich herum, lachten laut heraus und winkten. Ich hätte mich nicht gewundert, wenn sie Salti und Räder geschlagen hätten.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Zitat

Er trug seltsame Kleidung,

:ablach: ...da hat sie sich diese "seltsame Kleidung" aber dann doch seeehr genau angesehen :lechz: :kicher: ..ich stell mir gerade vor, wie sie Michael immer so insgeheim angestarrt hat...Mrs. Präsident... :kicher: ..und Michael sah so verdammt gut aus, bei diesem Besuch... :stern: . :wolke1: . :herz: ..ich hätte nirgends anders mehr hingesehen :herz::herz:

• Aus der Autobiographie von Adam Ant (Stand and Deliver):

BRRRRING-BRRING!
    The ringing of a telephone cut sharply through my sleep. I fumbled for the receiver.
    ‘Hello?’ A soft, high-pitched voice echoed down the line to me. ‘Hello,’ it repeated again, ‘is that Adam Ant?’
    The voice had an American accent, sounded vaguely familiar, almost as if … as if it was … My fuzzy brain reacted angrily.
    “Terry,’ I said sharply, ‘stop pissing about. It’s four a.m. and I’m trying to sleep.’
    ‘No, it’s not Terry’, said the soft voice, ‘It’s Michael. Is that Adam Ant?’
    ‘Verry funny, Terry, now f*ck off.’
    I slammed the phone down and rolled over to try and get back to sleep, cursing my drummer.
    A few minutes later the telephone rang again. I let it ring for a while, but it kept going, kept annoying me, stopping me from sleeping.
    ‘Hello,’ I barked into the receiver.
    ‘Hi, no, really, it is me, Michael Jackson,’ said the funny voice at the end of the line, ‘and I just want to ask you …’
    “Terry, if you don’t stop this I’m going to come over there and f*cking thump you. Now stop pissing about.’
    Bang. Again the phone went down. Again I rolled over.
    Again the telephone rang.
    I grabbed the receiver and shouted into it, ‘Terry! That’s IT! Stop it.’
    ‘Er, hi, is it Adam Ant?’ This time the voice was deep, slow, sonorous, American and calm. It didn’t sound anything like Terry Lee.
    ‘Oh, oh,’ I stammered. ‘Yes, this is Adam. Who are you?’
    ‘I’m Quincy Jones, calling from LA. Sorry, we probably woke you, but I’m here with Michael Jackson and he’d like to speak with you. Is that OK?’
    F*ck me, I thought, it really is Michael Jackson. ‘Yeah, sure,’ I said. ‘Put him on.’
    A pause, and then that same soft voice. ‘Hi, Adam, it’s Michael. Sorry if we woke you.’
    ‘Oh, no, sorry to have been so rude,’ I apologised. ‘I thought that it was one of my band playing tricks on me. We were supposed to talk a couple of days back, right?’
    ‘Yes, sorry, but I lost track of the days, I’ve been in the studio. I just saw your video on TV for “Kings Of The Wild Frontier”, it’s great. How did you get the tom-tom sound?’
    ‘Oh, thanks. Well, we use two drum kits and then add loads of other percussion on top of them—‘
    ‘That’s great, Adam,’ Michael interrupted. ‘I reallylike your jacket. That one with the gold on the front. Can you tell me where you got it?’
    ‘Huh? My jacket’ I stumbled a bit, trying to think. ‘Dave Whiteing got it for me. He works at Berman’s and Nathan’s in London’s Covent Garden, they supply costumes for movies. In fact my jacket had been worn by the actor David Hemmings—‘
    ‘Oh, the guy from Blow-Up?’
    ‘Yeah, but this was for The Charge of the Light Brigade. I rent it from them, for about £30 a month.’
    ‘You rent it? Wow. That’s great. OK, thanks for the information. How do you spell that again, Bowman’s and who?’
    ‘No, Berman’s, B-E-R-M-A-N-apostrophe-S and N-A-T-H-A-N-apostrophe-S.’
    ‘Great, thanks. Let’s meet up next time you’re in America, huh? Bye.’
    The line went dead.
    That was Michael Jackson, I thought, calling me. Am I dreaming? There was no one with me that I could wake and ask if I was awake, so I called Marco. He answered after two rings.
    ‘Marco, it’s Adam. Were you asleep?’
    ‘No. Just running through a few of the songs. What’s up?’
    ‘Am I awake? Are you awake? I just had a telephone call from Michael Jackson and I can’t believe it.’
    ‘Wasn’t he supposed to call a couple of days ago? What did he want?’
    ‘He wanted to know where I got my jacket from. The military one.’
    ‘Ha!’ Marco snorted. ‘ Didn’t want to guest on the new LP, then?’
    ‘Oh, I didn’t ask him. Maybe I could call him back …’
    ‘Adam, no. Go back to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow. ‘Night.’
    ‘Yeah, ‘night, Marco.’

Adam-Ant-vs-MJ.jpg

By the third week of June, enough work had been done on my album (Which was to be called Strip) to allow me to take off for a long-needed rest. After another stop-over in London, I flew to Los Angeles, determined to rest while at the same time working on getting into movies. My agent, Michael, had lined up a few things for me, and I was determined to push him to get more – mostly they were dinners with directors, an occasional read-through of a script, getting to meet producers.
    Before things got under way, I went to visit Michael Jackson at home.
    Motown president Suzanne de Passe took me to Neverland (but before he’d named it that)***. Dressed in a red V-neck pullover, white shirt with bow tie, black turned-up jeans, white socks and sneackers, he still looked like the Michael Jackson who had first become famous with his brothers. I met his mother and sisters – and instantly fell in love with La Toyah as she handed me a 7UP. Michael took me into his private cinema and we watched James Cagney in White Heat (‘Look Ma, top of the world!’), preceded by the video for Michael’s ‘Beat It’, which was kind of strange. He didn’t seem to want a response to the video, but of course I told him how good it was.
    Throughout that afternoon I mostly sat quietly, trying to be English, reserved and polite. After the movie we went to see his pets – a llama, a ram and two deer (there was no chimpanzee at the time). As we walked around he told me that he was talking to Steven Spielberg about making a movie, and I said something about working with people of that calibre would guarantee it was a hit. He stopped walking and turned to me, his big brown eyes stared straight at me possibly the first time that afternoon, and he said, ‘If you work with the best people you can’t go wrong.’
    On the way back to my Sunset Strip apartment in a limousine, I felt incredibly privileged to have been a guest at Michael Jackson’s home. I’d come a long way for a man with a silly name, I thought.

• thewayymmfyndkijs98x.jpg

Michael während einer Aufnahmesession von Bad..er nimmt die Intro von I Just Cant Stop Loving You auf, mit Hugo Zuccarellis Holophonics Soundsystem..er liegt bei der Aufnahme des Texts im Bett mit dem "headshaped-robotic recorder".

( :glupschi: ..das teil ist aber nicht sehr animierend, für diesen schönen text..)

I just wanna lay next to you for a while...your look is so beautiful tonight.. your eyes are so lovley.. your mouth is so sweet.. a lot af people misunederstand me.. that's because they don't know me at all.. i just wanna touch you.. and hold you.. I need you.. God, I need you.. I love you so much

Zuccarelli hat Michaels später auf 21Mio. Pfund verklagt, weil er das Gerät zur Aufnahme benutzte, aber ihm keine Credits auf der LP eingeräumt hatte.. :huch::c035: (grant-visual ducumentary..)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von maja5809faithkeeper () aus folgendem Grund: ...DANKE mj-maraki..ich hab "Thriller" jetzt in Bad geändert...