Jacksons gegen AEG- Newsticker (Twitter) aus dem Gericht (Keine Diskussion)

Geplante Forumschließung am 20.05.2024

Verhindere die Schließung mit einer Spende:

Jetzt Spenden
  • noch paar Tweets aus Putnams Befragung von Prince:

Putnam spielte etwas von Princes Deposition vor, in der er beschreibt, dass sie Verstecken spielten und das Schlafzimmer ihres Dads verschlossen fanden. Prince schloss daraus, dass das Zimmer verschlossen war, wenn sein Dad und Murray darin waren.
    Putnam zeigt ein anderes Stück von dem Depo-Video, in dem Prince darüber spricht, wie er mit seinem Dad sprach, am Morgen nach dem Philips/Murray Treffen. Das würde den 24.6 ausschliessen, als Tag dieses heftigen Austauschs, aber Prince sagte heute, er wisse nicht genau, an welchem Tag das Treffen stattfand.

Putnam fragte Prince darüber, wie die Leute in Jacksons Haus kamen und Prince sagte was sensationelles.
    Prince: Leute von AEG, sie wurden reingelassen, aber Leute wie mein Großvater wurden abgewiesen.

Anthony McCartney ‏‪@mccartneyAP‬ 6h 

Prince: “People from AEG, they got let in, but people like my grandpa would get turned away.”

Öffnen

Putnam asked Prince about how people got let into Jackson’s mansion, and the teenager dropped a zinger.

Öffnen

That would rule out June 24th as the day of the tense exchange, but Prince said today he was unclear on which day the exchange happened.

Öffnen

Putnam showed Prince another portion of his deposition in which he said he talked to his dad the morning after the Phillips/Murray meeting.

Öffnen

Prince said he assumed that the door was locked when his dad and Conrad Murray were in the room together.

Öffnen

Putnam at one point played some of Prince’s deposition. He described trying to playing hide-and-seek but finding his dad’s bedroom locked.

• Hier und im Folgepost der letzte Teil der Aussage von TJ. Von oben nach unten. Alles dann hier zu lesen.
    https://twitter.com/ABC7Courts
    Insgesamt schöne und emotionale Äußerungen über MJ von TJ und Taj.
    Intressant, dass er sagte, dass er traurig war, dass Grace als Kindermädchen von der Jackson-Familie entlassen wurde. Sie wollte die Erziehung der Kinder im Stil von MJ, genau wie TJ und seine Brüder fortsetzen, aber es habe Differenzen mit Teilen der Familie gegeben. Nachdem die Kinder ins Haus der Großmutter kamen sei es schwer möglich gewesen den Erziehungsstil fortzusezten, gleiches äußert er auch darüber über die vielen öffentlichen Auftritte (sei schwer das Leben der Kinder privat zu halten).
    Insgesamt ist es natürlich eine Aussage um den Verlust zu erläutern, die Jury muss das ja irgendwann im Urlteilsfalle dies in einen Betrag umwandeln. Relevantes zum Klagepunkt erwartungsgemäß nicht dabei. Er sah MJ einmal in 2009, beim Familientreffen. Dort habe er einen glücklichen Eindruck gemacht. Von Phillips nahm er nach seinem Tod für MJs Kids Karten für die Lakers an. Dieses Spiel besuchte er mit den Kindern. In der Depositon sagte er aus, dass er sich Phillips für die Karten bedankte, im Prozess sagte er, er kann sich nicht erinnern ob er sich bedankt hat. Die Jackson-Anwältin hebt im Re-Cross später dann noch hervor TJ habe da ja zu dem Zeitpunkt noch nichts von den Treffen von Murray mit Phillips gewusst.MJ hat TJ und Brüdern mehrmals in den 90ern und 2000ern gesagt, dass er umgebracht werden wird auf Grund seiner Erfolges

Heute dann Karen Faye im Zeugenstand.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts5m
    After MJ died, Grace Rwamba came back to work with the family, TJ explained. But he said there was a situation where Grace had to move on.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts4m
    TJ: I was a little disappointed she had to. Along with my grandmother, she was the mother figure the kids had in their lives.

"I don't know specifically what happened but I think there had been conflicts between Grace and other members of the family," TJ said.

TJ said MJ raised the kids differently. They read a lot, didn't watch tv during the week, one movie a week if they earned, TJ explained

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts3m
    "Once my uncle passed, they came into my grandma's house in regular society, it was hard to maintain the same lifestyle," TJ expressed.

"She (Grace) wanted to maintain, as did my brothers and I, my uncle's child raising," TJ said.

Boyle asked TJ about Paris deposition regarding Grace. Defendant's attorney objected, they went to a sidebar and lunch break.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts2m
    Attorney Jessica Stebbins Bina did the cross examination of TJ on behalf of AEG.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts1m
    Bina asked about Katherine's health problems last summer and if he's aware of any health problems? TJ said no.

Bina inquired how many times TJ saw or spoke with MJ and the children. He said he spoke with his uncle every other month.

TJ definitely remembers seeing MJ at least once in 2009.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts9s
    Katherine was in court wearing a fuschia jacket. Aside from TJ, she was also accompanied by Taj Jackson.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts33s
    Bina asked if TJ draws salary for being MJ's children co-guardian.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts13s
    "It was hard for me to accept it, my grandmother insisted and a couple of months ago I began receiving it," TJ said.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts23s
    Bina asked about children being more exposed to the media after MJ died, like going on Oprah and Prince working on Entertainment Tonight.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts5s
    "It's difficult, because they are 15 and 16," TJ said. "It's hard to maintain that private life."

"It was very important for him to excel in his career," TJ said about Prince.

"I didn't release music until I was 16 or 17," TJ said. "I encourage them to be children first."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts38s
    Paris wants to be an actress, Prince says he wants to act then become a producer, TJ explained.

Bina: As their guardian you haven't prevented them to be in the public eye TJ: It's hard to do that when he's straight A student with honors

'If he really wants to do it, 100%, he should be able to do it at 16," TJ said about Prince working on a television show.

"I wanted to do for the art of it, I like the quiet, private life," TJ explained.

"I would say they want to build their own career, and ET is a stepping stone for his acting career," TJ said about Prince.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts59s
    TJ: It's tough, as long as he (Prince) understands his responsibilities and the pitfalls, it's hard to say no

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts40s
    Bina: You didn't go to Carolwood house? TJ: Not before MJ died

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts31s
    TJ said the last time he saw MJ alive was in his grandparents anniversary, where most of the family member were there.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts25s
    Bina notes the anniversary happened on May 14, 2009.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts6s
    "He was in a good mood," TJ recalled. "He was happy, he was talking about the kids, making jokes, that stuff."

TJ didn't remember MJ being extremely thin then, but said he wasn't concerned to check it.

"He was just happy and jolly and I was just happy to see him and the kids," TJ said.

TJ: We talked primarily about the children, that I wanted more kids, talked about movies.

TJ said before MJ left, he asked him if he was going to London. "I said 100% and he said ok, see you there," TJ testified.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts17s
    TJ said MJ was excited that TJ was going to London. TJ said he didn't know if MJ was happy because of tour or for being around his family

The only time TJ recalled seeing his uncle in 2009 was at the anniversary dinner.

Bina asked TJ about MJ's wedding gift to him, which was $30,000 in cash. "He wanted to pay for my wedding, but the wedding passed," TJ said.

TJ reluctantly accepted the gift. Bina asked if MJ was in financial difficulties then and couldn't afford the gift. TJ said he didn't know.

Bina: Did you ever talk to your uncle about his finances? TJ: No

"At the dinner, MJ seemed happy," TJ said. "I don't think he would be sad if he was sad," TJ said about MJ during the anniversary dinner.

Bina: Did you consider your uncle to be a private person? TJ: For the most part, yes

Bina: Did you ever see a doctor on Dangerous tour? TJ: No

"I don't remember seeing a doctor in the HIStory Tour either," TJ said.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts59s
    TJ testified he was familiar with Dr. Metzger. He said he had not heard of the drug Propofol before MJ died.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts41s
    "I've heard many rumors about my uncle that were not true," TJ testified.

Bina: You never personally saw substance abuse? TJ: No

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts55s
    TJ said he didn't believe MJ had a substance abuse problem, never saw him take pills.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts29s
    Bina asked if TJ thought MJ would've told him if he had a drug problem.

"I don't think he would've told me, but I'm not sure. He told me some things, but I don't think so," TJ responded.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts27s
    "My cousins and I were going to Laker game, they wanted to go to ESPN zone before the game, and that's when I met Randy Phillips," TJ said.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts39s
    Bina asked if TJ thanked Phillips for getting them tickets. TJ testified he didn't know he got the tickets.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts58s
    But in his deposition, TJ testified he did thank Phillips for the tickets.

Bina asked about MJ's lavish lifestyle.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts54s
    "It's hard to measure myself against my uncle, he was kind of person who loved art, liked collectibles, liked the best of the best" TJ said

• ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts44s
    But TJ noted MJ wore pajama bottoms, V necks, and Mickey Mouse watches.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts27s
    "Homes I would say yes, he wanted nice homes. Cars yes and no," TJ explained.

TJ said MJ was very important to him, had a lot of influence on him.

Bina: It's hard for you to believe he could've died of drug overdose? TJ: It's hard for me to know that he's dead

Bina: Do you believe your uncle was murdered? TJ: I do

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts55s
    "He (MJ) did tell me and a couple of his brothers he would be murdered because of his position, because he was a target," TJ said.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts50s
    TJ had conversation with MJ about it during mid 90s to mid 2000s.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts31s
    In re-direct, Boyle said he wanted to talk about the Lakers tickets.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts6s
    Boyle: Did you know at that time that Mr. Phillips had a secret meeting with Dr. Murray? TJ: I didn't know

TJ said they didn't go with Phillips to the Laker game, he was just there, at the game zone.

Boyle: Do you think Jackson's kids should be allowed to go to the Laker games? TJ: I think they should go anywhere they want

TJ said he began acting as the children's co-guardian shortly after MJ died.

Boyle: Did you do it for four years for free? TJ: It was out of love

TJ said his grandma convinced him to accept payment because he has three kids of his own that are losing a lot of his time.

Nothing further from the attorneys, TJ he was excused. He traded places with brother Taj in audience, sat next to his grandmother.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts14s
    Deborah Chang did direct examination.Taj, real name Tariano Jackson, II is 39 years old. He is the first grandson.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts16m
    "I was spoiled with love, let's just say that," Taj said.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts15m
    Taj said he was close to MJ. "My uncle, besides being my musical role model, he was like an older brother to us," Taj explained.

"He guided our lives, he was everything," Taj said about MJ. "I feel lost some times because he's not here."

"When my mom passed, he stepped in and made sure our whole world didn't crumble," TJ said about MJ.

MJ helped us with school, Taj said, paid for his college. He encouraged his nephew do it for his mother, to make her proud.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts14m
    Taj said his mother and father were very much in love, but separated. "They loved each other, I never understood the problem."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts13m
    "My mom really looked up to my uncle, leaned on him a lot," Taj testified. "He loved the way that she raised us."

"It was known she put us first," Taj said. Dolores (DD) Jackson was Taj's mom's name.

Taj said he stayed at Neverland many times. "Neverland to me, he (MJ) always let us know, it was to help people," Taj explained.

"My uncle didn't eat candy, it was for the sick children he was bringing to Neverland," Taj explained.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts12m
    Taj said MJ would take hundreds of people from Make a Wish foundation. "He wanted to make them better, he felt that he could."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts11m
    Ryan White became poster child for HIV/AIDS Taj said. This was during the time we were all terrified about it; Ryan was kicked out of school

"They had a really strong relationship," Taj said, explaining MJ took Ryan to Neverland, went into the pool with him.

"It was Disneyland," Taj said about Neverland. "He named the train station after my grandma, Katherine. There's a plaque with her name."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts10m
    After Ryan White died, Taj said MJ dedicated the song "Gone Too Soon" to him.

Chang played the video clip of the song.

Taj: Michael taught us that being a musician and having the influence not only to make music but to make a change in the world

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts9m
    "He was constantly trying to help people," Taj said, adding there were lots of things the media didn't know about MJ.

"I was the first Jackson to go to college, he was so proud of that," Taj said.

Taj also attended Buckley School, went to Loyola Marymount college, studying Music, Film and TV. He needs to finish the last year of school.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts8m
    Chang: Was he your mentor? Taj: Yes, definitely

Taj said his dad Tito was his mentor at baseball. He coached their little league team.

Taj said he shared three things with MJ: Music, Film and the Three Stooges, which Michael loved.

"He bought me my first camera," Taj said. He shot home video of his mother and brothers while she was still alive in 1994.

"I keep my most sentimental things in my safe," Taj explained about a note he has from MJ.

Note: Taj, I saw these and thought they were perfect for you. Love always, Uncle Doo Doo

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts7m
    Taj said MJ was very close with Lionel Richie. Played snippet video of 3T.

Taj co-directed their last video for album brotherhood. Chang played a snippet of it, quite funny video. Some jurors were laughing.

Chang: Was your uncle proud of you? Taj: Yes, very proud

Taj said he lived at Neverland for 6 months. He said his grandma was there all the time.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts6m
    Taj said MJ asked him to help raise the children. Taj said he was just about to begin your with 3T and MJ understood it.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts6m
    Taj became the person in charge of MJ's storage and belongings.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts5m
    Chang asked Taj who was MJ's mentor: "Definitely my grandma, he would tell me that, you could see it, I sensed that," Taj responded.

"My mom was my mentor and my mom's mentor was my grandma," Taj said. "They all shared the purity in their heart," Taj explained.

"My grandma was my uncle's compass in life," Taj said. "He was constantly trying to make her proud of him."

Taj said having children was something they encouraged MJ, since they thought he was going to be a great father.

"It lit him up, that's what he lived for, his kids and my grandma," Taj said. When MJ died, Taj said they stepped in right away.

"I think it's more difficult because my uncle to them was both father and mother, he was everything for them," Taj said.

"When you lose a parent, your life is never the same again," Taj expressed. He said it hurts specially during milestones moments in his life

"I just got married," Taj said, crying. "And my mom wasn't there."

Taj told the jury they chose to marry at Hayvenhurst because it was the place his mom and his uncle would be.

Taj got married on June 16. He said he had a vase with a candle in it lit for his mother.

Taj said he and his brothers wrote the song "Everything" at Hayvenhurst. Judge breaks for afternoon session. Katherine wipes her eyes.

Attorneys and the judge discussed extensively about things that one side wants to show the jury but the other side doesn't.

Judge adjourned session early for the jury. They are ordered back tomorrow morning at 10 am PT.

Karen Faye will resume her testimony tomorrow from a few weeks back. We hope to see you then!

• Karen Faye heute im Zeugenstand

Ein paar Tweets von McCartney während einer kurzen Pause, Juror wollte ein Asperin. Putnam fragt, ob sie ihre bisherige Aussage nachgelesen habe. Faye verneinte, sie habe nur ihre Deposition nachgelesen, die über 6 Tage ging. Putnam fragt wie ihr Kontakt zu MJ war nach dem Freispruch. Sie habe alle paar Monate mit ihm telefoniert, ihn aber erst im April 2009 wieder gesehen. Über die TII-Tour erfuhr sie aus den Medien. Putnam fragt ob sie enttäsucht war, dass sie mit MJ nicht nach dem Freispruch sprach. Faye: Nein

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 1m
    Looks like we're going back in session, so I'll update later.

Öffnen
    Antworten
    Retweeten
    Favorisieren

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 2m
    Faye didn’t talk to Jackson after his acquittal. Putnam asked Faye whether that upset her. “It didn’t upset me. No sir.”

Öffnen
    She said she talked to him every few months, but didn’t see him again until April 2009. She found out about ‘This Is It’ tour from the news.

Öffnen
    Putnam asked Faye about her interactions with Michael Jackson after his acquittal in the child molestation case.

Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 4m
    Faye said her deposition spanned five or six days. At one point, she held up her hands to show how huge the file was.

Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 5m
    Putnam asked whether Faye had reviewed her trial testimony. She said she hadn’t. She reviewed her deposition.

Öffnen
    Faye is expected to testify all day. We were only expecting about four hours of testimony today, and that was before this unexpected break.

Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 6m
    AEG defense attorney Marvin S. Putnam is cross-examining Faye. He started out stating it had been 7 weeks since she was last in court.

Öffnen
    Karen Faye remains on on the witness stand while the court is on its break. She is wearing a black dress and pearls.

Öffnen
    Court took a quick break about 15 minutes into the session because a juror needed a break. Said she needed to take an aspirin.

Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 44m
    We're about to go back in session in Jackson vs AEG Live. Karen Faye just walked into the courtroom to resume testifying.

• Von unten nach oben:

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 3m
    Putnam asked whether she found the proceedings funny. “I don’t think the case is funny at all sir,” Faye responded.
    Putnam fragt ob sie das Geschehen lustig findet. Ich denke nicht das der Fall lustig ist, sagt Faye.

Öffnen
    Putnam asked if she found anything else and she quipped, “I was going through my drawers. I found some sexy things for my boyfriend and I.”
    Putnam fragt ob sie noch was anderes fand. "Ich ging durch meine Schubladen. Ich fand einige sexy Dinge für meinen Freund und mich.
    Öffnen
    Faye didn’t give the text messages to AEG’s lawyers. Putnam: ““I guess we’re getting them now.”
    Faye gab die Message nicht an die AEG-Anwälte. Putnam "Ich denke wir bekommen sie jetzt."

Öffnen
    Putnam asked Faye when she discovered the texts, and when she handed them over to plaintiff’s counsel. She said she turned them in today.
    Putnam fragt Faye wenn sie den Text entdeckte und sie dem Klägeranwalt gab. Sie gab sie ihm heute.
    ... that helped her remember when things happened during prep for the “This Is It” tour. AEG attorney Marvin Putnam seemed surprised.
    die ihr half zu erinnern wenn Dinge passierten während der TII-Tour. AEG Anwalt Punam scheint überrascht

Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 4m It was about this time that the juror had an issue and court took a break. When court resumed, Karen Faye revealed she found texts (cont)

Nach einer kurzen Pause sagte Faye sie fand eine Textmassage

Öffnen
    She responded, “I thought his behavior was a little odd, but not out of the ordinary.”
    Sie antwortet. " Ich dachte sein Verhalten ist ein wenig seltsam, aber nicht außergewöhnlich

Öffnen

Faye said she thought his wig was too big. Putnam asked her about Jackson’s behavior.
    Faye sagt die Perrücke war zu groß. Putnam fragt nach Jacksons Verhalten

Öffnen

On seeing Jackson’s press conference announcing the London shows, Faye said, “I just thought he had a really bad hairpiece on, sir.”
    Über die TII-PK in London sagt Faye: "Ich dachte er hat eine wirklich schlechte Perrücke an, Sir"

Öffnen
    Faye on not talking to Jackson after his acquittal: “He had been through a horrible, horrible ordeal and I was by his side s

Öffnen
    We're on the lunch break in Jackson vs. AEG Live. Court resumes at 2 p.m. Will try to get out a few more updates from the morning session.

• geht zumindest etwa konstruktiver weiter, von unten nach oben

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 7m
    Faye: “I wanted it to be as private for him as possible.”
    Faye: "Ich wollte, dass es für ihn so privat wie möglich ist."
    Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 8m

She was also asked about contract terms that called for her to submit itemized receipts for expenses only if Jackson approved it.
    Sie wurde auch über die Vertragsbedingungen befragt, die ihr auftrugen detaillierte Belege für Ausgaben vorzulegen, die von Jackson genehmigt werden mussten.
    Öffnen

She was asked about the wigs she bought for Jackson, which she said were ventilated. She said she needed 5 wigs for the London shows.
    Sie wurde über die Perücken befragt, die sie für Jackson kaufte, worüber sie sagte sie wurden belüftet gekauft. Sie sagte, sie brauchte 5 Perücken für die Shows in London.
    Öffnen

Faye was then asked about her contract with AEG to work with Jackson on “This Is It.” She said she wasn't paid until contract was signed.
    Faye wurde dann über ihren Vertrag mit AEG gefragt um auf Jacksons "This is it"-Tour zu arbeiten. Sie sagte, sie sei nicht gezahlt wurden bis der Vertrag unterzeichnet wurde.
    Öffnen

She said she thought Jackson was better off when Grace wasn’t living at Neverland Ranch during the trial.
    Sie sagte, sie dachte Jackson ging es besser als Grace nicht auf der Neverland Ranch während des Prozesses lebte.
    Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 9m

Faye was then asked about the Jackson family maid, Grace Rwaramba and her role during the molestation trial.
    Faye wurde dann über das Jackson-Kindermädchen Grace Rwaramba und ihre Rolle während des Kindesmissbrauchsprozesses gefragt
    Öffnen

Faye said they were Kenny’s words and not hers. She said she didn’t recall saying the schedule was dangerous.
    Faye sagte, es seien Kennys Worte und nicht ihre. Sie sagte, sie könne sich nicht erinnern, dass sie sagte der Zeitplan sei gefährlich.
    Öffnen

Putnam showed her an email Ortega sent to AEG exec Paul Gongaware saying Faye raised concerns about the schedule.
    Putnam zeigte ihr eine E-Mail, die Ortega an AEG exec Paul Gongaware gesendet hat und besagt das Faye Bedenken über den Zeitplan hat.
    Öffnen

Faye said she didn’t characterize it that way. “I said it wasn’t the best schedule for Michael to be successful,” she said.
    Faye sagte, sie charakterisierte es so nicht. "Ich sagte, es sei nicht der beste Zeitplan für Michael um erfolgreich zu sein", sagte sie.

Öffnen

She added that she thought Jackson needed more time to recuperate. Putnam asked whether she called schedule dangerous.
    Sie fügte hinzu, dass sie dachte, Jackson brauchte mehr Zeit sich zu erholen. Putnam fragte, ob sie die Terminierung für gefährlich hielt.
    Öffnen

“I didn't say definitively that it was going to be a problem,” Faye said. “I said this was something we should look at.”
    "Ich habe nicht definitiv gesagt das es ein Problem werden könne," sagte Faye. "Ich sagte, dies sei etwas, was man übersehen solle"
    Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 10m

Faye said she was concerned about how close together the “This Is It” shows were and she reached out to Kenny Ortega, the tour director.
    Faye sagte sie war darüber besorgt, wie nahe die "This is it" -Shows waren und sie streckte die Hand aus um Kenny Ortega, den Tour-Direktor zu erreichen
    Öffnen

Faye recalled Jackson telling her, “’ It started out as 10 shows and then I woke up and it was 50.’”
    Faye erinnert sich das Jackson ihr sagte, "'Es begann mit 10 Shows und dann bin ich aufgewacht und es waren 50'."

Öffnen

Faye was asked about her conversation with Jackson about the “This Is It” shows. She says the singer seemed surprised about the 50 shows.
    Faye wurde über ihr Gespräch mit Jackson über die "This Is It-Shows" gefragt. Sie sagt der Sänger schien überrascht über die 50 Shows.

• Erste Zeuge der Jackson-Anwälte heute ein Personalexperte. Seawright hat ihre eigene Firma in Californien und arbeitet für unterschiedliche Klienten. Sie hat bereits in 16 Fällen ausgesagt, darunter einer wo ein Arbeitgeber seinen Angestellten tötete. Seawright erhält 300 Dollar die Stunde für das Zeugnis und hat bereits 100 Stunden in den Fall investiert. Panish beginnt mit einer hypothet. Frage. Sie solle sich vorstellen AEG stellte Murray auf MJs Wunsch ein. Hätte dann AEG die Richtlinien einer guten Anstellung befolgt. Expertin verneint, da Murray einen Hochsicherheitsjob annahm. Nur die Prüfung der Nicht-Vorstrafen sei nicht genug. Social Security-Nummer sei zu überprüfen, die Kriminal, Kredit und Fahrhistorie.

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 39m

In forming her opinion, Seawright said she relied on the testimony of Dr. Matheson and other witnesses during the trial.
    Öffnen

Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 39m

Panish questioned whether the absence of a criminal record would be enough of a check. Seawright said no.
    Öffnen

She would have also recommended a verification of Murray’s Social Security information.
    Öffnen

Seawright said in Murray’s case, she would have recommended the following checks: criminal, credit and driving history.
    Öffnen

The factors included Murray working in Jackson’s home, having access to confidential info and the singer’s family and giving medical care.
    Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 40m

She said she would have considered Murray performing a high-risk job due to several factors.
    Öffnen

Panish asked whether Seawright believed AEG followed adequate hiring practices. She said the company didn’t follow good hiring practices.
    Öffnen

Attorney Brian Panish asked Seawright a hypothetical question. He told her to assume AEG Live hired Conrad Murray at MJ’s request.
    Öffnen

Doing background checks is relatively inexpensive, Seawright said. A Social Security number check might cost $5, criminal check up to $30.
    Öffnen

Seawright said she doesn’t advise different procedures for checking the background of an employee vs an independent contractor.
    Öffnen

Seawright is being paid $300 an hour to testify and has done approximately 100 hours of work on the case so far.
    Öffnen

The worker had a previous murder conviction, but no background check had been done, Seawright said.
    Öffnen
    Anthony McCartney Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 41m

She has testified in around 16 court cases, including one in which an employee killed a supervisor.
    Öffnen

Seawright has her own HR-consulting company based in Florida, but has clients in different parts of the case.
    Öffnen

We’re on a break in Jackson vs. AEG Live. First witness today is a human resources expert, Jean Seawright.r

• Heute ist Dr. Sidney Schnoll im Zeugenstand, und wird vom Anwalt der Kläger, Koskoff, befragt. Schnoll ist Sucht- und Schmerzbehandlungs-Experte.
    Er begann damit, über Schmerzbehandlungs-Medikamente und Lösungen für Abhängigkeit zu sprechen. Er begann auch, über Michaels medinzinische Historie zu sprechen.

Anthony McCartney ‏‪@mccartneyAP‬ 1h 

He's also started to discuss Michael Jackson's medical history. I may have more updates in a little while. Gotta review some notes.

Öffnen

Schnoll is being questioned by plaintiff’s attorney Michael Koskoff. He started out discussing pain management drugs, addiction solutions.

Öffnen

Dr. Sidney Schnoll, an addiction and pain management expert, remains on the stand.

Öffnen

We’re on a break in Jackson vs AEG Live trial. Katherine and Trent Jackson are here today.

Öffnen

• Hier die Tweets vom Verhör Schnolls durch Koskoff: (beginnt im Post 153 unten)

ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 3h 

Koskoff finished direct examination. AEG attorney Kathryn Cahan did cross examination of Dr. Schnoll.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said he's reading Richards' book, but hasn't finished yet. Defendant's objected to the doctor talking about it based on hearsay.

Öffnen

Keith Richards and The Rolling Stones have been performing for 50 years. Richards writes in his autobiography about his drug addiction.

Öffnen

If MJ got proper treatment, he would have like normal life expectancy, Dr. Schnoll said.

Öffnen

Drug addicts can die early due to overdose; infections are very common, like HIV, Dr. Schnoll said.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: If appropriately treated, it would have no affect

Öffnen

Koskoff: Assuming he was not addicted, but had periods of drug dependency, would that have an impact on his life expectancy?

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll agreed MJ had the means to get proper drug dependency treatment.

Öffnen

Koskoff: Based on Mr. Jackson's family, do you know if any members of his family were addicted?
    Dr. Schnoll: I have no indication of that

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: Some of the best outcomes in treatment are with people who have a lot to lose if they continue their addiction.

Öffnen

"The autopsy said he was in really, very good condition," Dr. Schnoll told the jury about MJ.

Öffnen

Having a supportive family and environment is critical in overcoming addiction, Dr. Schnoll explained.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: He could've been treated, he could've been treated if he had the proper people

Öffnen

Koskoff: Let's assume MJ really was addicted to Demerol in 2009, do you have an opinion as to his prognosis for successful treatment?

Öffnen

Koskoff: Assuming MJ was dependent, do you think proper treatment would be able to eliminate his dependency?
    Dr. Schnoll: Yes

Öffnen
    Angenommen, MJ wäre abhängig, hätte eine angemessene Behandlung die Abhängigkeit beendet? Schnoll: Ja

Dr. Schnoll said if MJ were treated appropriately for pain and sleeping problems, it would not have an effect in shortening his life.

Öffnen
    Hätte MJ jemang gehabt, der ihn angemessen gegen Schmerz und Schlaflosigkeit behandelt hätte, hätte es nicht sein Leben verkürzt.

Dr. Schnoll: Should MJ have someone knowledgeable for treatment of pain, he could've been treated appropriately

Öffnen
    Schnoll: MJ hätte jemand mit Kenntniss der Schmerzbehandlung haben müssen, der ihn angemessen hätte behandeln können.

Dr. Schnoll testified MJ had two major problems: pain and insomnia.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagt, MJ hatte zwei grundsätzliche Probleme:
    Schmerzen und Schlaflosigkeit.

"He would've been able to continue to perform if he was appropriately treated for the underlying medical conditions," Dr. Schnoll said.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: If his underlying medical condition, pain, insomnia, had been appropriately treated, he may have been able to get off the drugs

Öffnen

Koskoff asked if MJ were under the care of a competent doctor, would he have been able to get off the drugs, Demerol and benzodiazepines.

Öffnen

"They pass catheters and look at hearts, which is totally unrelated to pain," Dr. Schnoll said about cardiologists.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: Dr. Murray was an interventionist cardiologist and that is a highly specialized field. He had no background in treating pain.

Öffnen

Koskoff: Assuming AEG hired Dr. Murray, was he fit and competent to treat Michael's sleep problems?
    Dr. Schnoll: No, he was not

Öffnen

Koskoff: Assuming AEG hired Dr. Murray, was he fit and competent to treat Michael's pain problems?
    Dr. Schnoll: No, he was not

Öffnen

Koskoff: Was Dr. Murray competent to handle MJ's sleep problems?
    Dr. Schnoll: He was not competent

Öffnen

Koskoff: Was Dr. Murray competent to handle MJ's drug dependency issues?

Öffnen

Koskoff: Was Dr. Murray competent to handle MJ's pain?

Öffnen
    Koskoff: War Murray kompetent MJs Medikamenten Abhängigkeit, Schmerzen, Schlafprobleme zu behandeln?
    Schnoll: Nein

The hospital computer overloaded with people trying to get information on what happened with Sinatra, Dr. Schnoll said.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said once Frank Sinatra went to the hospital he worked after collapsing on the stage.

Öffnen

Sometimes prescription is given under other people's names, Dr. Schnoll said, since celebrities often don't want people prying their records

Öffnen

"If you are dependent, you could have some insomnia if you go off of it," Dr. Schnoll testified.

Öffnen

Koskoff: What does Demerol do to sleep?
    Dr. Schnoll: When you are taking it, it could make you sleepy

Öffnen

He also said this drug would not have had effect on MJ on June 25.

Öffnen
    Er sagt auch, dieses Medikament hätte am 25 Juni keinen Effekt auf MJ gehabt.

Dr. School said there was no trace of the drug in MJ's body at the time of his death.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagt, es gab keine Spuren davon in seinem Körper zum Todeszeitpunkt.

The very last Demerol injection MJ received from Dr. Klein was on June 22, 100 mg dose, according to the records, Dr. Schnoll testified.

Öffnen
    Die letzte Demerol Injektion von Klein war am 22 Juni 09, 100mg, laut den Aufzeichnungen.

Koskoff: Is there a record MJ was getting Demerol from any other doctor?
    Dr. Schnoll: No

Öffnen
    Gibt es Hinweise, dass MJ Demerol von irgendeinem anderen Arzt bekam?
    Schnoll: nein.

Dose went up in January 2009. Dr Schnoll said if a person was previously dependent on Demerol, stops and then resumes, tolerance is built up

Öffnen
    Die Dosis erhöhte sich im Januar 2009. Schnoll sagt, wenn jemand zuvor von Demerol abhängig war, ist eine Toleranz aufgebaut.

Dr. Schnoll talked about Dr. Klein giving MJ 100mg doses of Demerol in 2008. He said from mid-year to December it was the same amount.

Öffnen
    Schnoll spricht über Klein, der MJ 2008 100mg Demerol Dosen gab. Er sagt, ab Mitte des Jahres bis Dezember war es die gleiche Menge.

Dr. Schnoll said Propofol is not appropriate to treat insomnia, even if MJ suggested it.

Öffnen 

Schnoll sagt, Propofol ist nicht geignet für Schlafstörungen, auch wenn MJ es vorgeschlagen hätte.

Koskoff asked if there was any evidence MJ was addicted or dependent of Propofol up until Dr. Murray. Dr. Schnoll said no.

Öffnen
    Koskoff fragt, ob es Hinweise gäbe, dass MJ abhängig von Propofol war, bis Murray kam. Schnoll sagt nein.

Dr. Murray used Propofol for sleep, which Dr. Schnoll said was inappropriate. "Plus, he was not an anesthetic or an anesthesiologist."

Öffnen
    Murray benutzte Propofol zum Schlafen, dass ist unangemessen, und er war kein Anästhesist.

The drug was used for dental procedures and cosmetic treatment, Dr. Schnoll said, adding it was appropriate for that.

Öffnen
    Das Medikament wurde für zahnmedizinische Eingriffe benutzt, und dafür war es angemessen.

• ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 3h 

Between 1994 and 1996, Dr. Schnoll saw no evidence of any use of Propofol by MJ under any circumstance.

Öffnen
    Zwischen 1994 und 1996 sah Schnoll keine Hinweise, dass MJ Propofol benutzte.

Koskoff: What kind of specialist was on that tour for Michael?
    Dr. Schnoll: He was anesthesiologist

Öffnen
    Koskoff fragt, welche Art Spezialist mit MJ auf Tour war. Schnoll: Er war Anästhesist.

Dr. Schnoll testified Debbie Rowe said yes, but she wasn't sure if it was Propofol or Fentanyl. He didn't think Rowe was a licensed nurse.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagte aus, Rowe häätte "ja" gesagt, aber sie sei nicht sicher gewesen, ob es Propofol oder Fentanyl war. Er denke, Row sei keine Lizenzierte Kranken-Schwester

Koskoff showed a timeline and asked if there was any record MJ received Propofol during the Dangerous tour in 1994.

Öffnen
    Koskoff zeigte eine Time line und fragte, ob es irgendwelche Aufzeichnungen gab, dass MJ während der Dangerous Tour 1994 Propofol erhielt.

Propofol is the most popular anesthetic in the world, Dr. Schnoll said. Propofol is the generic term.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said after the Propofol infusion stops, the effect wears off quickly.

Öffnen

"Typically, they steal it from operating room or critical care unit or inject it in a home, or a bathroom," Dr. Schnoll explained.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll treated patients addicted to Propofol. They were health technicians and none had it administered by another person.

Öffnen

Koskoff: Did he use it for sleep?
    K: Is that appropriate?
    Dr: Yes
    K: Did MJ have a sleep problem?
    Dr: Yes

Öffnen
    Koskoff: Brauchte er es zum Schlafen?
    Schnoll: JA
    Koskoff: Ist das geeignet?
    Schnoll: Ja
    Koskoff: Hatte MJ ein Schlafproblem?

Dr. Schnoll said MJ was prescribed Midazolam and Versed which is commonly for short term surgical procedures, dental procedures.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagt, Mj bekam Midazolam und Versed verordnet, die üblich sind für kleine medizinische Eingriffe, wie Zahn-ops.

Koskoff: Was there a time MJ did take benzodiazepines?

Öffnen
    Koskoff: Gab es Zeiten in denen MJ Benzodiazipine nahm?

Dr. Schnoll: I don’t know if MJ was an addict. I haven’t seen the information that would allow me to make a diagnosis of addiction

Öffnen
    Schnoll:Ich kann nicht sagen, dass MJ ein Süchtiger war. Ich habe nicht die Info gesehen, die mir ermöglicht eine Diagnose einer Sucht zu stellen.

Koskoff: On Dangerous tour, was MJ getting opioid drugs according to Dr. Finkelstein?

Öffnen
    Bekam MJ während der Dangerous Tour Opiate lt. Finkelstein?

Dr. Schnoll talked about the surgery MJ to repair damage to his scalp.

Öffnen

The expert said he saw evidence MJ was afraid of needles; didn't take medications in excess of what was prescribed by doctors.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said he saw no evidence that MJ ever used recreational drug or self-injected in the absence of a doctor.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagt, er sah keine Hinweise, dass MJ je „Freizeitdrogen“ benutzte oder sich selbst etwas injizierte in Abwesenheit eines Arztes.

Koskoff: Do you agree with that opinion?

Öffnen
    Koskoff: Stimmen sie dem zu?
    Schnoll: Nein.

Koskoff asked if Dr. Schnoll read testimony from Dr. Earley saying MJ was a drug addict and that he was going to die early.

Öffnen
    Koskoff fragt, ob Schnoll die Aussage von Dr. Earley gelesen habe die sage, dass MJ ein Süchtiger war und früh sterben würde.

Koskoff asked if that was consistent with a drug addict. Dr. Schnoll answered no.

Öffnen
    Koskoff fregt, ob das zu einem „Süchtigen passt. Schnoll antwortet Nein.

Koskoff said based on the medical records in the last 16 years of MJ’s life, he was Demerol free for 13 1/2 years.

Öffnen
    Basierend auf den medizinischen Aufzeichnungen der letzten 16 Jahre von Mjs Leben, war er für 13,5 Jahre Demerol frei.

The patch was done for treatment of Demerol dependency in early 2000s. The drug would block the effect of the opioid, Dr. Schnoll said.

Öffnen 

Das Implant war zur Behandlung einer Demerol Abhängigkeit in den frühen 2000ern. Das Medikament blockt den Effekt des Opiats, sagt Schnoll.

Dr. Schnoll said he reviewed medical records that Dr. Farshian implanted a patch into MJ's abdomen.

Öffnen
    Schnoll sagte, er hat die medizinischen Aufzeichnungen gesehen, worin steht, dass Farshian MJ ein Implant einsetzte.

Koskoff: Was there a period of time when MJ used Demerol for scalp treatments?

Öffnen
    Gab es eine Zeit, in der MJ Demerol für die Behandlung seiner Kopfhaut benutzte?

Koskoff: Any evidence from any witness that MJ used Demerol outside the medical setting?

Öffnen
    Koskoff: Gibt es irgendwelche Hinweise oder Zeugen dafür, dass MJ Demerol ausserhalb medizinischer Eingriffe benutzte?
    Schnoll: Nein

“Opioids are most popular because they work," Dr. Schnoll said. "Pain is the most common complaint that comes to a doctor's office.”

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll explained pain threshold is the level at which someone feels discomfort. They are quite variable, he said.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: The figures indicate 10 to 12% become addicted, the same percentage of people who become addicted to alcohol.

Öffnen

Some patients become addicted, Dr. Schnoll said. But it's not s large percentage.

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll: if they're on long term opioid treatment, they'll become dependent. Opioids are the most commonly prescribed drugs in the US.

Öffnen

Koskoff: If a person is being treated, as part of good medical practice, can someone become drug dependent?

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said addiction can also be treated by competent and fit physicians.

Öffnen

Koskoff: Any famous people who have been opioid dependent?
    Dr. Schnoll: President John F. Kennedy (Judge asks why?) Back pain.

Öffnen

If a person has underlying condition and take opioid they could function better, Dr Schnoll explained. There's no harm in doing it medically

Öffnen

Koskoff: What if a person has chronic osteoarthritis?
    Dr. Schnoll: May have remain on medication all his life

Öffnen

Dr. Schnoll said the most important factor in determining if the person should go off the drug is to find out what the underlying problem is

Öffnen

ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 4h 

Methodone is an opioid drug used for pain and treatment of opioid addiction. Dr. Schnoll explained how the drug works.

Öffnen

Koskoff asked if you take someone off Demorol suddenly what happens. Dr. Schnoll: “like falling off a cliff, you don’t want that to happen.”

Öffnen Antworten Retweeten Favorisieren Mehr

Katherine Jackson was present in court wearing a long periwinkle jacket and pearl earrings.

Öffnen

Addiction specialist Dr. Sidney Schnoll resumed testimony. Jackson's attorney Michael Koskoff did direct examination.

Öffnen

• Es geht in die 11. Woche des Prozesses. Am Montag-Morgen soll Dr. Finkelsteins Deposition gezeigt werden. Ab Nachmittag dann die Aussage von Ortega. Panish sagte dem Gericht seine letzte Schätzung ist, dass er seine Fallpräsentation in einer zusätzlichen Woche oder so nach dem dem 8. Juli abschließen will.

Das war zumindest der Stand nach dem letzten Gerichtstag

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts

Jury ordered to return on Monday at 10 am PT. Plaintiffs will play Dr Finkelstein's deposition. Kenny Ortega set to testify in the afternoon

Panish told the judge he's now estimating to finish his case in chief another week or so after the July 8th week, his last estimate.

That concluded Day 43 of testimony, Week 10. We hope to see you all back on Monday. Happy 4th of July everybody!

• Hier die Video-Deposition von Dr. Finkelstein, die gestern abgespielt wurde: es beginnt im Post 158 - von unten nach oben

ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 6h 

"Michael had a lot of pain, I administered a shot and left," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen
    „Michael hatte viele Schmerzen, ich gab ihm eine Injektion und ging“ sagt Finkestein.

He said he left some records at his mom's house and purged MJ's record from 95 since he wasn't a patient for 7 years.

Öffnen
    Er sagt, er habe ein paar Aufzeichnungen im Haus seiner Mutter und er habe Mjs Aufzeichnungen von 95 „aussortiert“, weil er seit 7 Jahren kein Patient mehr von ihm war.

Dr. Finkelstein said he kept a journal of everything he did during the tour and he was backstage, his records were stolen.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er schrieb alles auf was er während der Tour tat, und seine Aufzeichnungen wurden gestohlen, als er backstage war.

Dr. Klein -- would show up at concerts very frequently, Dr. Hoefflin came a couple of times, would spend the weekend, Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen
    Klein zeigte sich regelmässig bei den Konzerten. Hoefflin kam ein paar Mal, und blieb übers WE. 

Dr Finkelstein said Narcan is antidote to opioids. He had it handy. "If I am going to administer medication I'm going to have a safety plan"

Öffnen Finkelstein sagt, Narcan ist ein Antidot für Opiate. Er hatte es bei der Hand. „Wenn ich Medikamente verabreiche, habe ich auch einen Sicherheits-Plan.“

Dr. Finkelstein was asked to treat MJ in Mexico City when Dr. Forecast wasn't around. MJ had back pain, Dr. Finkelstein gave him morphine.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein wurde gefragt, MJ in Mexico zu behandeln weil Forecast nicht da war. MJ hatte Rückenschmerzen. Finkeklstein gab ihm Morphine.

"it was compartmentalized and people were separated and segregated," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen
    „Es war unterteilt/eingeteilt und die Leute waren getrennt und seperiert“ sagt Finkelstein.

"Everything was secretive," Dr. Finkelstein said, explaining
    seems like no one ever knew the whole story.

Öffnen
    „Alles war geheimnisvoll,“ sagt Finkelstein und erklärt, es schien, dass niemand je die ganze Geschichte wußte.

When other doctors, like Steve Hoefflin and Arnold Klein, would come to a concert to visit, the show would get delayed, Dr. Finkelstein said

Öffnen
    Wenn andere Ärzte, wie Hoefflin oder Klein zu einem Konzertbesuch kamen, wurde die Schow verschoben, sagt Finkelstein.

Dr. Finkelstein said his interaction with MJ was very limited. Dr. Forecast was in charge of the artist.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, seine Behandlung von MJ war sehr begrenzt. Forecast war verantwortlich für den Künstler.

Cahan asked Dr. Finkelstein is he ever administered Propofol to Michael Jackson. He answered no, laughing.

Öffnen
    Cahan fragt Finkelstein, ob er je Propofol an MJ gb. Er antwortet nein und lacht dabei.

The doctor said he believed MJ was in pain every time the doctor administered him morphine.

Öffnen
    Der Doc sagt, er glaube, MJ habe jedesmal Schmerzen gehabt, als er ihm Morphine gab.

Dr. Finkelstein said he gave MJ 10 mg of morphine. The usual starting dose is 2 -4 mg, but MJ had high tolerance to opioids.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er gab MJ 10 mg Morphine. Die normale Dosis sei 2 – 4 mg, aber Mj hatte eine hohe Toleranz.

Dr. Finkelstein said the Demerol was prescribed by Dr. Alan Metzger in the name of Karen Faye. The drug was not for her, though.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, dass Demerol war von Dr.. Metztger verschrieben, im Namen von Karen Faye. Das Medikament waraber nicht für sie.

The doctor said there were several scars on MJ's buttocks, which led him to conclude MJ was dependent in opioids.

Öffnen
    Der Doc sagt, es gab dort einige Vernarbungen, die ihn zu dem Schluss kommen liessen, dasdds MJ von Opiaten abhängig sei.

Kathryn Cahan, attorney for AEG, did cross examination
    Dr. Finkelstein said he would administer 50-100 mg of Demerol in MJ, on his buttocks

Öffnen

Kathryn AEG Anwalt, macht das Kreuverhör.
    Finkerklstein sagt, er gab MJ 50 – 100 mg Demerol in den Po.

"Michael wanted someone else," Dr. Finkelstein said Gongaware told him. "Gongaware was my friend, tried to get me the job, I didn't get it."

Öffnen
    „Michael wollte jemand anderes“ sagt Finkelstein, dass Gongaware zu ihm sagte. „“Gongaware war mein Freund. Ich versuchte, den Job zu bekommen, ich bekam ihn nicht.“

Dr. Finkelstein said there were not a lot of discussions about the tour, since he didn't get the job.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, es gab nicht viele Gespräche über die Tour, weil er den Job nicht bekam.

The doctor's brother, Bob Finkelstein, worked at Concerts West with Paul Gongaware. He knows Randy Phillips socially.

Öffnen
    Der Bruder von Finkelstein, Bob Finkelstein, arbeitete bei Concert West mit Gongaware. Er kennt Phillips aus gesellschaftlichen Kontakten.

Dr. Finkelstein said people from all walks of live can become opioid dependent.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, Menschen aus allen Schichten würden Opiat-Abhängig.

He said the mortality rate in Propofol dependents is really high, about 80%. Most of the dependents are in the medical field.

Öffnen
    Er sagt, die Sterblichkeitsrate von Propofol Abhängigen sei ziemlich hoch, über 80%. Die meisten Abhängigen kommen aus dem Medizinischen Umfeld.

Dr. Finkelstein said there are not lot of cases of Propofol dependency, since it is a drug that's really hard to get.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, es gäbe nicht viele Fälle von Propofol-Abhängigkeit, weil das Medikament wirklich schwer zu bekommen sei.

Dr. Finkelstein said he would charge $40,000/month, $10,000/week. He remembers Dr. Murray asking for a lot of money to go on tour.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er würde pro Monat 40.000$ berechnen, 10.000$ die Woche. Er erinnert sich, dass Murray nach viel mehr Geld für die Tour verlangte.

Gongaware told him MJ was clean and passed a physical exam for insurance.

Öffnen
    Gongaware sagte ihm, MJ sei clean und habe einen Medizinischen Test für die Versicherung bestanden.

The doctor explained he would not want to go on tour if MJ had drug problems. "I didn't want to be Dr. Nick," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen
    Der Doc sagt, er wolle nicht mit MJ auf Tour, wenn er Medikamenten Probleme habe. „Ich wollte nicht Dr. Nick sein.“

Dr. Finkelstein said he asked if Gongaware knew whether MJ was clean. The answer was yes.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er fragte Gongaware, ob Mj clean sei. Die Antwort war Ja.

Dr. Finkelstein said he was excited about it, wanted to be MJ's physician, had 5-10 conversations with Gongaware about it.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er war aufgeregt darüber, und wollte Mjs Arzt sein, er hatte 5-10 Gespräche darüber mit Gongaware.

Dr Finkelstein testified Gongaware called him about two months prior to MJ's death and told him MJ was going to tour in London, wanted a doc

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, Gongaware rief ihn etwa zwei Monate vor Mjs Tod an und sagte, MJ gehe auf Tour nach London, und wollte einen Arzt.

Dr. Finkelstein explained his name is out there as a "Rock Doc," so he gets call from show producers and promoters to work at concerts.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein erklärt, er werde „Rock-doc“ genannt, deshalb bekomme er Anfragen von Produzenten und Promotern, um auf Konzerten zu arbeiten.

• ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 6h 

Dr. Finkelstein said he and Dr. Forecast agreed that MJ needed an intervention and detox.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er stimmte mit Forecast überein, dass MJ eine Intervention und Entgiftung brauche.

Boyle: Gongware was aware of problems MJ was having?
    Dr. Finkelstein: Yes

Öffnen
    Boyle: Wusste Gongaware von den Problemen, die MJ hatte?
    Finkelstein: Ja

"He was a sweetheart, kind, gentle, fun," Dr. Finkelstein said about MJ. "Based on my observation, he was kind to everyone."

Öffnen
    „er war ein „sweetheartz“, freundlich, sanft, lustig.“ sagt Finkelstein über MJ. „Laut meinen Beobachtungen war er jedem gegenüber freundlich.“

Dr. Finkelstein: No. I believe it to be either genetically pre-disposed, or people who get exposed to these chemicals their brain changes

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Nein. Ich halte es für sowohl genetisch vorbestimmt, als auch dass sich das Gehirn, von Leuten die diesen Chemikalien ausgesetzt sind, verändert.

Boyle: Is substance abuse a character flaw?

Öffnen
    Boyle: Ist Substanzen Missbrauch eine Charakterschwäche?

Dr. Finkelstein said he and Dr. Forecast were in communications and Dr Forecast was concerned in being blamed for work done by previous docs

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er und Forecast seinen im Gespräch miteinander gewesen, Forecast war beunruhigt, für die Arbeit vorheriger Ärzte verantwortlich gemacht zu werden.

"I saw Dr. Forecast administer pain medication in Mexico City during the deposition," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen 

"Ich sah Forecast in Mexico Schmerzmittel verabreichen während der Mexico-Deposition.“ sagt Finkelstein.

Dr. Finkelstein: I know that I administered pain medication one other time when Dr. Forecast was not available.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Ich erinnere mich, ich gab noch ein weiteres Mal Schmerzmedikamente, als Forecast nicht da war.

Finkelstein and Gongaware are friends, he said.
    Er sagt, Finkelstein und Gongaware waren befreundet.

Boyle: Did you discuss with Mr. Gongaware about MJ's opioid dependency?
    Dr Finkelstein: Yes

Öffnen
    Boyle: Sprachen sie mit Gongaware über Mjs Opiat-Abhängigkeit?
    Finkelstein: Ja

Dr. Finkelstein said Dr. Forecast took care of the principal, Mr. Jackson. He does not know who was paying Dr. Forecast.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein und Forecast kümmerten sich um MJ. Er weiß nicht, wer Dr. Forecast zahlte.

The stress increased MJ's urge for opioids, Dr. Finkelstein said.
    Der Stress lies Mjs Verlangen nach Opiaten ansteigen. Sagt Finkelstein.

Elisabeth Taylor personally went to Mexico City to deal with MJ.

Öffnen
    E.Taylor kam persönlich nach Mexico wegen MJ.

There was also a video deposition of MJ in Mexico City related to the Chandler child molestation case.

Öffnen
    Es gab auch eine Video Depostion von MJ in Mexico, in Bezug zum Chandler-Belästigungs Fall.

(Anmerkung: Gibt es noch eine Mexico Depositen? Weil die mir bekannte ist wegen Songrechten...??)

"He didn't collapse," Dr. Finkelstein said. "It seemed it was getting a harder and harder time to manage his pain."

Öffnen
    „Er brach nicht zusammen, es schien, es wurde immer schwerer, seine Schmerzen zu managen“ sagt Finkelstein.

Dr. Finkelstein said he didn't know exactly who the powers that be were.

Öffnen
    Er weiß nicht genau, welche „Mächtigen“ es genau waren.

Dr. Finkelstein: The head powers got together. They called in Elizabeth Taylor to do an intervention and took MJ to a Hospital in London.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein. Die Oberen Köpfe ksamen zusammen. Sie riefen Elizabeth Taylor um zu intervenieren und MJ in ein Krankenhaus in London zu bringen.

Dr. Forecast was the other doctor treating MJ. Dr. Finkelstein said he had enough medication for all 160 people going on tour, any scenario

Öffnen
    Forecast war der andere Arzt, der Mj behandelte. Finkelstein sagt, er habe genügend Medikamente für alle 160 Leute, die auf der Tour waren, für alle Krankheiten, gehabt.

Dr. Finkelstein said he wanted to detox MJ in Switzerland and go on tour.

Öffnen
    finkelstein sagt er wollte MJ in der Schweiz entgiften und dann auf Tour gehen.

Dr. Finkelstein said Dr. Forecast broke into his suitcase to get pain medications to give to MJ.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, Forecastz habe seinen Koffer aufgebrochen um Schmerzmittel für MJ zu bekommen.

One day, Dr. Finkelstein said he returned from a pyramid trip and his suitcase with all the medication had been broken in to.

Öffnen
    Eines Tages, sagt Finkelstein, er sei von einem Ausflug zurückgekommen, und sein Koffer mit den Medikamenten sei aufgebrochen gewesen.

After Dr. Finkelstein treated MJ, an English doctor was brought in, Dr. Forecast.

Öffnen
    Nachdem Finkelstein MJ behandelt hatte, wurde ein englischer Arzt gebracht, Dr. Forecast.

The doctor said they began believing him in Mexico City during the Dangerous Tour.

Öffnen
    Der arzt sagt, sie begannen ihm in Mexico, während der Dangerous tour, zu glauben.

Dr. Finkelstein: I was not hired as an addiction specialist but a family doctor to come on tour

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Ich war nicht als Abhängigkeitsexperte eingestellt, sondern als Familien Arzt für die Tour.

He said he believed MJ had a drug problem. "But no one believed me," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen
    Er sagt, er glaubte, MJ habe ein Drogen/Medikamente-Problem. „Aber keiner glaubte mir“ sagt Finkelstein.

Dr Finkelstein: When I tried to administer the medication and his butt was abscessed, I tried to give promoters heads up there was a problem

Öffnen Finkelstein: „Als ich versuchte, die Medikamente zu verabreichen, hatte er Abszesse am Hintern, ich gab dem Promoter Hinweise, dass es da ein Problem gab.“

"You don’t want to overdose a rock star and have a rockstar die on you," Dr. Finkelstein explained.

Öffnen „Du willst einem Rockstar keine Überdosierung verpassen, und er stirbt dann wegen dir.“ Erklärt Finkelstein.

Doctor Nick was Elvis Presley's doctor. Dr. Finkelstein said Elvis had about 14 different drugs in his system when he died.

Öffnen
    Dr. Nick war der arzt von Elvis. Finkelstein sagt, Elvis hatte etwa 14 verschiedene Mittel in seinem system als er starb.

Dr. Finkelstein said he told Gongaware he didn't want to be a Doctor Nick.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er sagte Gongaware, er wolle kein Dr. Nick sein. 

The doctor said he postponed the Bangkok tour. "I think we are going to have a problem," Dr. Finkelstein told Gongaware.

Öffnen Der arzt sagt, er verschob die Bangkog Tour. „Ich dachte, wir haben ein Problem“, sagte Finkelstein zu Gongaware.

Dr. Finkelstein said Gongaware called him to go on a rock tour in 1993. The doctor would be paid by the promoter.

Öffnen Finkelstein sagt, Gongaware bestellte ihn 1993 zu einer Rock Tour. De Arzt würde vom Promoter bezahlt.

Paul Gongaware used to be the road manager for Rick James, Dr. Finkelstein said. He and Gongaware used to go skiing together.

Öffnen Gongawate war Road Manager für Rick James. Finkerlstein und er gingen zusammen zum Skifahren.

"He had obviously had multiple injections in his buttocks prior to coming to Bangkok," Dr. Finkelstein said.

Öffnen „Er hatte dort offensichtlich viele Injektionen bevor er nach Bangkog kam.“ sagt Finkelstein.

Dr. Finkelstein: Yes, the patch, 2 ampules of Demerol from Karen Faye, observation that MJ had a high tolerance and scarring on his buttocks

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Ja, der Patch, die 2 Ampullen Demerol von Faye, die Beobachtung, dass Mj eine hohe Toleranz hatte und Narben am Hintern.

Boyle: There were four factors that lead you to believe MJ was an opioid dependent?

Öffnen
    Boyle: Es gab 4 Faktoren, die sie gllauben liessen, dass MJ ein Opiat-Abhängiger war?

The doctor said the ampules were given to him by the make artist, Karen Faye. They were for MJ.

Öffnen
    Der Arzt sagt, die Ampullen wurden ihm von Karen Faye gegeben. Sie waren für MJ.

Dr. Finkelstein: We are talking about natural opiates and synthetic opiates. The patch, the medication is absorbed through the skin.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Wir sprechen über natürliche Opiate und synthetische Opiate. Der Patch, das Medikament wird über die Haut aufgenommen.

Boyle: You testified about 2 ampules – what were you talking about, the ampules of Demerol?

Öffnen
    Boyle: Sie sagten etwas von 2 Ampullen – waren es die Ampullen Demerol? 

Dr Finkelstein: It was early in my training, but it was obviously a concern for me.
    Finkelstein: es war früh in meiner Lern/Trainingszeit, aber es war eine Besorgnis

Duragesic is also called Fentanyl, another opiate.

Öffnen
    Duragesic ist Fentanyl, ein Opiat

The doctor said he had someone he felt that obviously had received a lot of medication in the past, had a high tolerance to medication.

Öffnen
    Der Arzt sagt er hatte jemand bei dem er annham, er habe offensichtlich in der Vergangenheit viele Medikamente erhalten, hatte eine hohe Toleranz zu Medikamenten.

Dr. Finkelstein: MJ had 100 micro gram duragesic patch on and there were 2 ampules of Demerol that were sent to him with another crew member

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: MJ hatte ein 100 micro gramm Duragesic-Patch (Schmerzmittel Patch was durch die Haut Schmerzmittel (Fentanyl, ein Opiat) abgibt) und es gab 2 Ampullen Demerol die ihm durch ein anderes Crew Mitglied überbracht wurden.

Dr. Finkelstein said MJ had an opiate problem, dependency.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagte, Mj hatte ein Opiat Problem, Anbhängigkeit.

The doctor said the publicist told him to go on CNN and say MJ put so much effort in the show and was dehydrated.

Öffnen
    Der Arzt sagt, der Publizist habe ihm gesagt auf CNN zu gehen und zu sagen, MJ hätte soviel Anstrengung in die Show gesteckt und sein dehydriert.

Dr. Finkelstein watched MJ on stage and said he was able to perform. The second concert in Bangkok was postponed for one day.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sah sich MJ auf der Bühne an und sagt, er war in der Lage zu performen. Das zweite Bangkog Konzert wurde um einen Tag verschoben.

Boyle: You became confident he was capable of going on tour?
    Dr Finkelstein: Bad question,I administered medicine until he could go on stage

Öffnen
    Boyle: Sie wurden zuversichtlich, dass er in der Lage war, die Tour zu machen?
    Finkelstein: Schlechte Frage, ich gab ihm Medizin, bis er in der Lage war, auf die Bühne zu gehen.

The doctor said they were watching 3 Stooges and having squirt gun fights. They talked about growing up in Encino on Hayvenhurst.

Öffnen
    Der Doc sagt sie sahen sich 3 Stooges an und hatten Wasserpistolenkämpfe. Sie sprachen darüber, in Encino und Hayvenhurst aufzuwachsen.

The doctor said he administered morphine and IV fluids. MJ was conscious and speaking.

Öffnen
    Der Doc sagt, er gab Morphin und IV Flüssigkeiten. MJ war bei Bewußtsein und redete.

ABC7 Court News ‏‪@ABC7Courts‬ 7h 

Dr. Finkelstein: I spent the next 24 hours in his room intermittently administering medication 'til MJ was capable going on stage in Bangkok

Öffnen
    Finkelstein: Ich verbrachte die nächsten 24 Stunden in seinem Zimmer und gab regelmässig Medikamente bis MJ in der Lage war, in Bangkog auf die Bühne zu gehen.

Boyle: But you were spending half of your time in addiction medicine?
    Dr. Finkelstein: I knew what I was doing and I was qualified, licensed

Öffnen
    Boyle: Sie verbrachten die Hälfte ihrer Zeit mit Sucht-Medikation?
    Finkelstein: Ich wusste was ich tat und war qualifiziert, mit Lizenz.

Dr. Finkelstein administered morphine instead. In 1993, the doctor said he was not an expert in addiction.

Öffnen Stattdessen verabreichte er Morphin. Der Doc sagt, 1993 war er noch nicht Suchtexperte.

Dr. Finkelstein said he tried to give him a shot but his butt was so abscessed the needle almost bent. "I thought it was not safe," he said.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er versuchte eine Injektion in den Hintern zu geben, aber es gab dort Abszese dass die Nadel fast verbog.

Dr Metzger said MJ was had severe headache, was in a lot of pain. Dr Finkelstein said he didn't remember if he was told what medicine to use

Öffnen
    Dr. Metzger sagt, MJ habe schwere Kopfschmerzen, hatte große Schmerzen. Dr. Finkelstein sagt, er erinnere sich nicht, ob ihm gesagt wurde, welches Medikament er benutzen solle.

Dr. Finkelstein: He appeared to be in pain, I was put on the phone with his treating physician in Los Angeles, Dr. Alan Metzger.

Öffnen
    Er schien Schmerzen zu haben, aber er telefonierte mit seinem behandelnden Arzt in LA, Dr. Metzger.

"He said you need to go to the principal." the doctor recalled.

Öffnen

Dr. Finkelstein said he was not hired to treat the artist. But in Bangkok, he was called by security.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein sagt, er war nicht angestellt um den Künstler zu behandeln, aber in Bangkog wurde er von der Security gerufen. 

Boyle: Who hired you for Dangerous Tour?
    Dr. Finkelstein: Marcel Avram
    B: What was your role?
    Dr: To be the physician for the crew

Öffnen
    Wer stellte sie an für die Dangerous Tour?
    Finkelstein: Avram
    Was war ihr Job?
    Finkelstein: Ich war Arzt der Crew

After he performed, Dr. Finkelstein said he was requested to go to MJ's hotel room.

Öffnen
    Nach dem Konzert sollte Finkelstein in Mjs Hotelzimmer bestellt.

Dr. Finkelstein was hired to work on the Dangerous Tour in 1993. He said he was in Bangkok, MJ performed a concert.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein wurde für die Dangeroustour 1993 angestellt. Er war in Bangkok, wo Mj ein Konzert performte.

He is a leader in treating addiction for over 20 years and he said he considers himself an expert.

Öffnen
    Er ist über 20 Jahre führend in Behandlung von Abhängigkeit und er bezeichnet sich selbst als Experte.

Dr. Finkelstein is a specialist in internal and addiction medicine. He described his experience and residency to the jury.

Öffnen
    Finkelstein ist Spezialist für Innere Medizinund Suchtexperte.

Dr. Finkelstein said he worked at Cerritos Family Clinic until 2 years ago with his ex-wife Petra Wong, now works at Stuart Finkelstein, MD.

Öffnen

The video began playing at 10:37 am PT. It was recorded on Feb 1, 2013.

Öffnen

Die Video Deposition vom 1.Feb.2013 von Dr. Finkelstein wurde abgespielt

. Er behandelte Mj 1993 auf der Dangerous Tour. Kevin Boyle führt die Befragung durch.

Jacksons' attorney called Dr. Stuart Finkelstein by video deposition. He treated MJ 93 Dangerous Tour. Kevin Boyle did the questioning.

Öffnen

Katherine Jackson present in court wearing silk bright purple jacket. Rebbie is accompanying her.

Öffnen

Hello from the courthouse in downtown LA. Day 44, Week 11 of Jackson family vs AEG trial under way.

• Gestern startete die Ortega-Aussage. Von unten nach oben, beginnend in Post 163

For the latest watch @ABC7 and go to http://www.abc7.com . We hope to see you tomorrow for full coverage of the trial. Good night everyone
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 1h
    Panish said defendants have 14,000 exhibits on their list, down from 28,000. There are 1353 documents produced by Kenny Ortega.
    Expand
    Judge adjourned trial until tomorrow at 1:30 pm PT. Ortega ordered to return then. Attorneys remained in court discussing exhibits.
    Expand
    Ortega cont'd: Great news, I couldn't be happier for the Team.
    Ortega: Großartige Nachrichten, es könnte nicht besser für das Team sein.Expand
    Ortega responded:
    Yeah! Good for MJ, God knows he's been out through as much negative as any one person should have to go through.
    Yeah! Gut für MJ, Gott weiß er ging durch so viel negatives Zeug wie es keine Person durchmachen musste
    Expand
    Gongaware responded:
    We stopped at 50 sold out shows at the O2 arena. Demand was there for another 50. This is history and you're part of it
    Wir stoppten bei 50 ausverkauften Shows in der O2 Arena. Der Bedarf war da für weitere 50 Shows. Das ist Geschichte und Du bist Teil davon.Expand
    Ortega responded:
    I'd say we are off to a good start. Congrats to all
    Ortega antwortet:
    Ich würde sagten wir haben einen guten Start. Gratulation an alle!Expand
    Email on 3/12/09 from Gongaware to Ortega:
    Blew out 30 shows today on the presale. Hot doesn't begin to describe it
    30 Shows heute ausverkauft. Heiß ist keine Beschreibung für dasExpand
    "Honestly, I didn't even know if it was for sure," Ortega said. He testified in his depo he was surprised Phillips didn't tell him anything.
    "Ehrlich, ich habe nicht mal gewusst, dass es sicher war." sagte Ortega. Er sagte in seiner Depo er war überrascht, dass ihm Phillips nichts erzählte."Expand
    "I didn't know anything had happened and I wasn't there, so there wasn't anything to be surprised about," Ortega said.
    "Ich wusste nicht das es passierte und ich war nicht da, so es gibt nichts worüber ich überrascht war, sagt OrtegaExpand
    He said had he known, it would have had an impact on whether to go forward with TII.
    Er sagte wenn er dies gewusst hätte, könnte es einen Einfluss auf ihn gehabt haben mit TII weiterzumachen.Expand
    Ortega said Randy Phillips never told him what happened before the TII press conference with Michael Jackson.
    Ortega sagte R. Phillips erzählte ihm nie was vor der TII-Pressekonferenz mit MJ passierteExpand
    At times, Ortega said he can work in multiple projects, but once one takes off he needs to be exclusive to it.
    Zu Zeiten sagt Ortega kann er an unterschiedlichen Projekten arbeiten, aber wenn eines beginnt muss er exklusiv dafür da sein.Expand
    At this time, Ortega was working on development of movie for Paramount, "Footloose" remake. He was going to direct it.
    Expand
    Ortega said MJ kept referring to the tour as "This is it," so Ortega suggested the tour should be called TII.
    Orteag sagt MJ bezog sich auf die Tour mit "TII", so schlug im Ortega vor die Tour TII zu nennen.Expand
    Email on Feb 10, 2009 from Gongaware to Ortega was the first email the director remembers about the TII.
    Email am 19. Februar 2009 vo G. an Ortega war die 1. Mail an die er sich wegen TII erinnertExpand
    Ortega said Paul Gongaware and John Meglan were the ones who contacted him about being part of the TII tour.
    Expand
    Ortega: If the show were to go on to other countries, then I would receive royalties, yes
    Ortega; Wenn die Shows in andere Länder gehen würde, würde ich Royalities erhalten, jaExpand
    Ortega said TII was going to be in London and there was hope for international tour.
    Ortega sagte das TII nach London ging und es gab Hoffnung für eine interantionale TourExpand
    Ortega: The scalp burn, I didn't know he was taking medication for it, I knew he was injured from the Pepsi commercial.
    Orteaga. Die Kopfverbrennung, ich wusste nicht das er dafür Medikamente erhielt, ich wusste er wurde verletzt in der Pepsi-WerbungExpand
    Panish: Did anyone tell you they thought MJ was 'assisted' with something?
    Ortega: No
    Panish: Sagte Ihnen jemand das sie dachten das MJ mit etwas unterstützt wurde?
    Orteaga. Nein
    Expand
    "He was a little... off, loopy," Ortega said.
    Expand
    Panish: Did you observe MJ different after seeing a doctor?
    Panish: Haben sie beobachtet das MJ anders war nachdem er einen Arzt besuchte?

• Ortega: YesP: Please explain
    O: Off, a little off
    O: Ein wenig offP: Loopy?
    O: Yeah
    Expand
    Ortega said he thinks MJ had back problems afterwards. But the director said he never saw MJ take medication.
    Orteag sagt, er glaubt MJ habe danach Rückenprobleme gehabt, sah ihn aber nie Medikamente nehmenExpand
    "I know he hurt his back," Ortega said. MJ jumped up and went back on the stage. "The show must go on."
    "Ich weiß er hat sich seinen Rücken verletzt", MJ spring hoch und ging zurück auf die Bühne. "The show must go on"Expand
    Ortega said because an improper cable replacement, the bridge came down faster that it was supposed to.
    Ortega sagt wegen unangemessener Kabelanbringung kam die Brücke schneller runter als beabsichtigt.Expand
    Ortega: In Munich, Michael was on a set held up by cables. During the big conclusion of Earth song there was a bridge supposed to float down
    Brückensturz in München 1999 wir gezeigtExpand
    Panish showed clip of Earth song.

Ortega talked about shows that MJ did for charity.
    Ortega sprach über Shows die MJ für Charity machtenExpand
    Ortega said the song "What About Us?" showed Michael's deep concern about healing the planet. "And that went deep," Ortega said.
    Ortega sagt Earth song zeigt MJs Sorge für den Planeten und "Das ging tief".Expand
    "Greatest example of it is Man in the mirror," Ortega said. "Change needs to happen within each of us for a change in the world to happen.
    "Große Beispiele sind MIM, Änderung muss bei jedem von uns beginnen, wenn es in der Welt passieren soll"Expand
    Panish showed video of "HIStory" tour opening. Ortega said MJ wanted his music to inspire change in the world.
    History Opening wird gezeigt.Expand
    Ortega said he went on first 6 or so dates on both "Dangerous" and "HIStory" tour. He explained it was the normal amount.
    Ortega sagte er ging zu den ersten 6 Shows von der Dangerous und der HIStory Tour. Das ist eine normale Anzahl.Expand
    Ortega: The video used for the show would have subtitles saying love one another, take care of the planet, take care of the children.
    Ortega: Das Video das für die Show verwendet wurde hatte Untertitel mit Liebe für jeden, auf den Planeten zu achten, und auf die Kinder zu achten.Expand
    Panish: Was his creativity or demeanor different?
    Ortega: He was still inspired, raised the bar on himself and on everyone working with him
    Ortega: Er war immer noch inspierend, hob die Messlatte für sich selbst und jeden der mit ihm arbeitete.Expand
    Ortega: We didn't always agree on 100%, we allowed ourselves to have creative joust, to play with the ideas and allowed it to ripe
    Ortega: "Wir stimmten nicht immer 100% überein, wir erlaubten uns kreativen Joust, mit den Ideen zu spielen und sie reifen zu lassen.Expand
    In "HIStory" tour Ortega and MJ were co-creators & co-directors. "We used to call creative jousting," Ortega described the creative process.
    Auf der HIStory Tour waren Ortega und MJ Co-Kreatoren und Co-Direktoren. "Wir nannten es kreative Ritterspiele", beschrieb Ortega den kreativen ProzessExpand
    MJ was then transported to the hospital by ambulance. "It could've been exhaustion, I don't know, I don't recall," Ortega said.
    MJ wurde ins Krankenhaus gebracht. "Es könnte Erschöpfung gewesen sein, ich weiß es nicht, ich kann mich nicht erinnern, sagt O.Expand
    Ortega said MJ fainted and the show was cancelled.
    Ortega sagt MJ fiel in Ohnmacht und die Show wurde gecancelt.
    Panish: Can we say he collapsed?
    Panish. Können wir sagen er kollabierte?
    Ortega: Yes
    Expand
    Ortega: He called me in because he was unhappy with what was going on with his classic choreography, he didn't want it to be changed.
    Ortega: Er rief mich rein weil er unglücklich war was mit seiner klassischen Choreographie geschah, er wollte keine Änderungen darin.Expand
    Panish: Did you ever become aware he was not well?
    Panish: Wurde ihnen bewusst es ging ihm nicht gut?Ortega: He was unhappy
    Ortega: Er war unglücklich.Expand
    In 1995, Ortega was acting as a consultant to MJ for an event at Beacon Theater in NY.
    1995 war Ortega Consultant für MJ für ein Event im Beacon Theater.Expand
    Panish: Did you know Michael was dependent on painkillers?
    Panish: Hörten Sie jemals das MJ abhänig war von Schmerzmitteln
    Ortega: No
    P: Never heard of that?
    O: No
    P: To this day?
    O: No

• Ortega said MJ wanted to improve the human condition for children around the world.
    Ortega sagt MJ wollte die humanen Bedingungn für Kinder auf der Welt verbessern.
    Expand
    MJ wanted to make sure every child had what they needed, Ortega explained.
    MJ wollte sicherstellen, dass jedes Kind erhielt was es benötigte, sagte Ortega.
    Expand
    MJ went to an orphanage in Romania before going to his hotel. Ortega said MJ didn't want to do the show before the orphanage was cleaned up.
    MJ ging in ein Waisenhaus in Rumänien bevor er ins Hotel ging. MJ wollte die Show nicht machen bevor das Weisenhaus gereinigt wurde.
    Expand
    "It left people breathless," Ortega said.
    "Es ließ die Leute atemlos." sagt O.
    Expand
    Panish showed clip of opening of Dangerous. "It was one of the most spectacular openings that anyone has seen or done," Ortega said.
    Eröffnungsclip wird gezeigt. " Es war einer der spektakulärsten Eröffnungen die jemals jemand gesehen oder gemacht hat, sagt Ortega.
    Expand
    "He would call that milking the crowd," Ortega explained. "He knew how to work the crowd better than anybody."
    "Er nannte dies das Puplikum melken, er wusste mit dem Publikum zu arbeiten wie kein anderer."
    Expand
    The "toaster" popped up and gave illusion of flying. Ortega said MJ would then stand still on stage for a few minutes.
    Der Toaster stieg auf und gab die Illusion des Fliegens. MJ würde dann für einge Minuten auf der Bühne still stehen.
    Expand
    Ortega helped prepared the opening of the Dangerous tour in 1992. Michael would enter the stage in what they called "toaster."
    Ortega half die Eröffnung die für die Dangerous-Tour 1992 vorzubereiten. Michael kam auf die Bühne mit einem Toaster.
    Expand
    "He always wanted something that was world class and thrilling," Ortega said.
    "Er wollte im etwas machen was Weltklasse und aufregend war", sagt O.
    Expand
    The opening of the show was significant to MJ. He wanted the audience to think how will be able to top that!, Ortega testified.
    Die Eröffnung in der Show war bedeutend für MJ. Er wollte das das Publikum darüber nachdenkt wie er das toppen kann.
    Expand
    "He wanted to rock the world," Ortega said. "He wanted to let them know he was back."
    "Er wollte die Welt rocken, sagt Ortega. Er wollte die Welt wissen lassen er ist zurück."
    Expand
    Ortega: It was primarily Michael's vision that I shared. He wanted to put on the greatest show that anyone had ever seen.
    Ortega: "Es war primär Michaes Vision, die ich teilte. Er wollte die größte Show machen, die jemals jemand gesehen hat.
    Expand
    Panish showed clip of "This is it" movie showing the young dancers who had been chosen to dance with MJ and how he influenced them.
    Panish zeigt TII -Clip wo Tänzer, die von MJ ausgesucht wurden über seinen Einfluss sprechen.
    Expand
    "Like no one else in his generation," Ortega said. "I think he was the most influential dancer for generations of kids still even today."
    "Wie kein anderer seiner Generation.., ich denke er ist einflußreichste Tänzer für Generationen von Kindern bis heute."
    Expand
    Ortega has worked in the industry for over 40 years. Panish asked Ortega how MJ influenced other dancers.

Expand
    Ortega described Michael Jackson:
    Musician: world class
    Singer: one of a kind
    Dancer: the best

Ortega beschreibt Michael Jackson

Musiker: Weltklasse
    Sänger: Einzigartig
    Tänzer: Der Beste

• Expand
    "It was exciting, stimulating, awesome," Ortega said.
    "Es war aufregend, stimulierend, atemberaubend", sagt Ortega
    Expand
    He said he was co-director of Dangerous with MJ. MJ had a ton of ideas, asked him to realize those on stage.
    Er sagt er war Co-Director mit MJ. MJ hatte eine Tonne von Ideen und fragte ihn diese auf der Bühne zu realisieren
    Expand
    "I felt incredible, he was the greatest performer on the planet and as far as I'm concerned. The greatest song and dance man ever."
    "Ich fühlte mich unglaublich, er war der größte Performer auf dem Planet. Der größte Song und Tanz-Mann den es gab.
    Expand
    Ortega first met MJ in 1990. "MJ called me to help mount the Dangerous Tour," he said.
    Ortega traf MJ erstmals 1990. "Mj rief mich an um die Dangerous Tour zu entwickeln."
    Expand
    Ortega: Choreography is about the movement of the human body, technique, dance language, physical, how to instruct
    Expand
    Ortega choreographed the 96 Olympics in Atlanta, 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Super Bowl half time, World Cup.
    Expand
    "He was very generous, very sweet and kind to everyone," Ortega said about Michael Jackson.
    "Er war sehr zuvorkommend, sehr nett und freundlich zu jedem." sagte Ortega über MJ.
    Expand
    MJ went backstage. "The cast, they were just crying, and screaming, and just speechless," Ortega said.
    MJ ging Backstage: "Die Mannschaft weinte und schrie, einfach sprachlos, sagte Ortega:"
    Expand
    "I know for sure Paris was singing, they were all standing and enjoying it," Ortega recalled.
    "Ich weiß sicher, dass Paris sang, sie standen alle und genossen es."
    Expand
    Panish: How did it make you feel?
    Panish: Wie haben Sie sich gefühlt ?
    Ortega: (long pause) I'm speechless, I can't think
    Ortega: Lange Pause, ich bin sprachlos, ich kann nicht denken
    P: Was that a big thrill?
    P: War es eine großer Thrill?
    O: Beyond
    O: Mehr als das
    Expand
    ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 2h
    Michael and the children went to see High School Musical in Las Vegas.
    Michael und seine Kinder kamen um High School Musical in Las Vegas zu sehen
    Expand
    HS Musical 1 and 2 were released on TV only, 3 was a movie. "It was the number one opening weekend of any musical ever," Ortega said.
    Expand
    Panish showed clip of High School Musical. He directed and choreographed 1, 2 and 3.
    Panish zeigte Clips vom High School Musical. Ortega war Direktor und Choreograph für Teil 1 bis 3.
    Expand
    Panish showed excerpt of it with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey; snippet of "Newsies," 1st full-length picture he directed/choreographed.
    Expand
    ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 3h
    Panish showed a video clip of Madonna's "Material Girl."

Ortega has been asked to do a new "Dirty Dancing" but he's not sure it will happen
    Ortega wurde gefragt ein neues Dirty Dancing zu machen, aber er ist nicht sicher, dass dies passieren wird
    Expand
    Ortega did choreography for Cher, Madonna, Kiss, Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler.
    Expand
    Ortega worked on High School Musical 1, 2 and 3, Dirty Dancing, Newsies, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, etc.
    Expand
    Travis Payne was MJ's partner for the new choreography in TII.
    T. Payne war MJ`s Partner für die neue Choregrahie in TII.
    Expand
    Ortega said he didn't do the choreography for the This is it tour. It was lots of people, some was classic and belonged to MJ for some time.
    Ortega sagt, er machte nicht die Choreographie für TII. Es waren viele Leute, einige gehörten zu MJ seit langer Zeit.
    Expand
    Choreographer creates the dance steps, movements in a stage show or concert or musical, Ortega explained.
    Expand
    Ortega: I was in such awe of him and the brothers. It was such a momentous moment for me, it was like being touched by a star
    Ortega: ich war in solcher Ehrfurcht vor ihm und den Brüdern. Es war ein so einzigartiger Moment für mich, es war vom Star berührt zu sein.
    Expand
    "He looked at me and smiled. I was overwhelmed," Ortega said.
    "Er schaute zu mir und lachte. Es war überwältigend." sagt O.
    Expand
    He opened up his own theater company when he was 18. Ortega said around 1963-64, Michael was walking through backstage they made eye contact
    Ortega eröffnete seine eigene Theater -Firma als er 18 war. Ortega sagte um 1963-64 ging Michael backstage ein, sie hatten Augenkontakt.
    Expand
    Ortega said he started dancing when he was 4 years old. There was always music at his house, watched his parents dance.
    Ortega sagte er begann zu tanzen als er 4 Jahre war. Es gab immer Musik in seinem Haus, er schaute den Eltern beim Tanzen zu.
    Expand
    "I'm not an employee of AEG," Ortega responded.
    "Ich bin kein Angestellter von AEG" sagt Ortega

Ortega said he is from Redwood City, CA, grew up in the Bay area.
    Expand
    Ortega was originally named a defendant in this case. Panish asked if he knew Why he was dismissed from the suit.
    Ortega war ursprünglich als Beklagter im Fall genannt. Panish fragte ob er weiß warum er von der Klage entfernt wurde.
    Expand
    Panish: Do you consider yourself friend with MJ?
    Panish: Betrachten Sie sich selbst als Freund von MJ?

Expand
    Panish: Do you consider yourself friend with Randy Phillips?
    Panish: Betrachten sie sich selbst als Freund von R. Phillips?

Expand
    Ortega's rep dealt with Paul Gongaware in The Rolling Stones tour.
    Ortegas Rep handelte mit P. Gongaware wegen der RS-Tour

Panish: Do you consider yourself friend with Gongaware?
    Panish: Betrachten Sie sich selbst als Freund von Gongaware?

Expand
    Ortega: I believe Mick Jagger just made me an offer and we accepted it. My agent called me, daily offer, I accepted.
    Expand
    The director said he was called by Mick Jagger to work on the 50th anniversary tour, working with AEG.
    Der Direktor sagt das er von Mick Jagger gerufen wurde um an der 50. Geburtstags-Tour zu arbeiten, mit AEG
    Expand
    Ortega said AEG was Michael's partner in promoting and producing TII, and they were financers of the project.
    Ortega sagt AEG war Michaels Partner in Promotion und Produzieren von TII und sie waren Finanzierer vom Projekt
    Expand
    Ortega said for the creative part, he reported to Michael and to AEG regarding budget or scheduling.
    Ortega sagt für den kreativen Part berichtete er Michael und AEG bezüglich des Budget oder Terminierung.

• Expand
    He said he's a director, choreographer and sometimes producer. "My role in This is it, I was Michael's creative partner in the show."
    Er sagt er ist ein Direktor, Choreograph und manchmal Produzent. "Meine Rolle für TII war Michaels kreativer Partner für die Show zu sein."Expand
    Ortega said he has earring loss, so he can't hear well. He asked Panish to speak up.
    Ortega sagt, er hat Gehörverlust und kann nicht gut hören. Er bittet Panish lauter zu reden.Expand
    Ortega said at one point his rep said the negotiation turned from AEG Live to Michael Jackson. He doesn't know the details, though.
    Ortega sagt sein Rep, sagte ihm das die Verhandlungen wechselten von AEG Live zu MJ an einem Punkt. Er weiß nichts zu den Details.Expand
    Ortega said his agent and attorney negotiated his contract with AEG Live. Gongaware represented AEG Live.
    Ortega sagt sein Agent und Anwalt handelte den Vertrag mit AEG aus. Gongaware repräsnetierte AEG Live.ExpandABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 3h
    For certain things, Ortega said he reported to Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips.
    Für manche Dinge berichtete er Gongaware und Phillips
    Expand
    Ortega said he had a contract with AEG Live. "I was working in communication with them," he said.
    Ortega sagte er hatte einen Vertrag mit AEG Live. "Ich arbeitete in Kommunikation mit ihnen, sagte ExpandABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 3h
    The director was deposed in the Lloyds of London litigation for several days.
    Der Dirketor wurde in der Lloyds-Klage mehrere Tage vernommen.
    Expand
    Ortega said he read some articles about this trial. He also read Karen Faye's deposition, given to him by his attorney.
    Expand
    Ortega reviewed his deposition but did not read testimony given at Dr. Murray's criminal trial.
    Expand
    Full name: Kenneth Ortega