Bill Whitfield und Javon Beard (Bodyguards)

• Die 2 Bodyguard-Autoren des Buches haben offensichtlich einigen Fan-Club-Vertreter Vorabkopien des Buches gegeben. MKGenie, Präsident von China-Fanclub hat auch schon geäußert, dass er eine hat und es ein intressantes Lesen ist.

Ivy, MJJC bekam auch eine. Hier ihre Kurzzusammenfassung. Für die Nicht-Englisch-Leser, ich finde es ist gut verständlich wenn man es in den Google-translator einstellt.

I was given an advance copy of the "Remember the Time : Protecting Michael Jackson in his final days" by MJ's bodyguards Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard.

Below is my review and brief summary.

As a MJ fan who has read all the books written about him, I look for unique and interesting books about him. This book delivers on that front. It's not the same old stuff you read a million times before, it's the unique and first hand experiences of Bill and Javon. Just this could be enough reason to get the book.

The book covers December 2006 (when Michael returned to US) to June 2009 (his death). Although Bill and Javon worked for Michael till the day he died, the bulk of the book covers the period between December 2006 to early 2009 when Michael moved to LA. (Bill and Javon did not go to LA but was supposed to join Michael at London). Book talks about Michael's stay at Las Vegas, Virginia, New Jersey and back at Las Vegas.

The book has several heartwarming, funny and interesting and at times unbelievable stories. Michael Jackson the father is always nice to read. His interactions with his children, their love towards each other gives you warm feelings. So stuff like Michael doing laundry, Michael taking his kids to Chuck E. Cheese, fast food drive through events, after hour store visits to toy stores, go kart place, Krispy Kreme to see how donuts are made, Michael giving responsibility talk to Prince about his dog Kenya, Blanket asking for a hippopotamus as a pet after Prince got his dog Kenya and Paris got her cat Katie, Michael giving money and food to homeless people,ordering a large Tinkerbell statue from eBay, asking bodyguards to get(cough steal) a lifesize Spiderman figurines on the lampposts outside Burger King stores, Michael getting stopped by Secret Service as his car with tinted windows drove around White House etc is interesting and fun stories to read. The book also mentions visits by "Friend" and "Flower", two woman from overseas and yes Michael kissing "Friend". I don't want to give much away for the people who might buy the book.

Book mentions Michael's staff, business people, family and friends as well. Some of them are mentioned negatively (most of Michael's business associates including Bain, Feldman, Cross and Sony, as well as some of his family members such as Randy Jackson), some of them mentioned positively (such as Miko Brando and Cascios) and some just neutral.

Knowing that how some people would be interested in above, I'll provide brief details below:

Raymone Bain : generally mentioned negatively for not paying bodyguards salaries while she was paying herself and others, renting a luxury apartment for herself with what looks like MJ's money, Michael thinking he had an office in DC while Bain was working out of her home and such.

Jacksons: Bodyguards mention that Michael did not want to see his family - his orders. The only person he would see and could come unannounced was Katherine. He refused to see other family members when they came and required them to make appointments. Michael refused to see Joe once, refused to see Randy, Rebbie and Jackie (when they got in by following the chef), refused to see Randy (when he smashed his car to the gate) and only agreed to see his brothers (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine) in the security trailer after making sure Randy wasn't with them and didn't want to see Janet. Bodyguards impressions about Jacksons are mostly positive to neutral with the exception of Randy (see below) and Jermaine who they said always had an angle or some sort of deal he was working on.

Randy crashing the gate: Details of the event is provided in the book. It turns out the gate crashing event happened on Elizabeth Taylor's 75th birthday. Her people had reached out to Michael and he would attend her birthday as a surprise to her. Michael spent 2 weeks preparing to that day. Before they were supposed to leave for Taylor's birthday, bodyguards take the car to fill it with gas. When the bodyguard returns, Randy follows the car, crashes the closing gate, forces his way into the property. Bodyguards rush to the car with their guns out and see Randy with a woman passenger. Randy tells them "Get that gun out my face before I call the press.” and screaming and cursing “Michael owe me money! I want my ****in’ money! I ain’t ****in’ moving ’til I get my ****in’ money! ”. They tell Michael that Randy is there and what he's saying, he tells the bodyguard to get rid of him. But they can't make him leave so Michael decides he won't go to Elizabeth's birthday and goes to bed. Randy refused to leave and stayed at the driveway for hours. Bodyguards had to call Joe Jackson. When Joe came Randy told him he would call the press to tell them he was there for his money. Joe eventually convinced Randy to leave.

Sony: Mottola is mentioned as devil and Michael mentioned not really wanting to work with Sony and on Thriller 25. There's a story about Michael breaking Sony headphones. They say he didn't work on Thriller 25 with enthusiasm and did everything the last minute. Bodyguards also state that Michael eventually was paid $12 Million for the sales of Thriller 25. (Sony initially planned to take the money from Thriller 25 sales and apply it to pay MJ's debt on Sony/ATV catalog. Apparently Tohme got them to pay the $12 Million to Michael so that he could use that money as a down payment for the Las Vegas house he wanted to buy).

One of the sad thing to read that there wasn't many friends or visitors that would visit Michael. They mention nanny Grace telling them some people wouldn't take or return MJ's calls after the 2005 trial. Book mentions Miko Brando, Eddie Griffin (comedian), Chris Tucker, Jesse Jackson and Cascios as people who visited Michael and/or Michael met with. He talked with Nelson Mandela on the phone several times. Eddie Griffin mentioned as a regular visitor, Miko Brando brought his kids to play with Michael's kids, Chris Tucker and Michael went to movies together and Eddie Cascio visited Michael in Vegas and Cascio house was the only place Michael would feel safe to stay without bodyguards in front of the door. Brad Buxer visited to work on music with Michael. (unidentified) choreographers were also coming to work with him regularly as well as a Chinese film professor from USC.

Es geht weiter:

• The second half of the book mentions financial troubles. Although they don't blame Michael for such troubles, it's not a pretty picture. Staff not being paid, not having a house to stay, friends/business associates paying for hotels for a while and when they stop hotels were asking them leave and even locking them out. It's obvious there was some frustration on the bodyguards part in regards to not being paid. Like I said they don't blame Michael for it but the finances isn't a pretty picture.

Conrad Murray is briefly mentioned as a doctor that made a housecall when the kids were sick and occasionally came to check up on them. Only a few visits, at day time and for a short amount of time. They mention Michael's insomnia, how sometimes he would have a good day's sleep and sometimes wont. How sometimes he would be up all night and the night security would watch him move around the house - his room, studio/dance room, kitchen and such. There's almost no drug talk. Just once going to a doctor middle of the night for pain and just one time his behavior didn't seem normal / seemed like under the influence of something. That's all. No doctors, no nightly visits and no propofol - given that Michael seemed to be not sleeping most of the time.

Overall I liked the book and I recommend purchase. It's interesting and definitely unique. I enjoyed all the little stories about Michael very much and financials wasn't a pretty picture as I said before. I can't say I liked that part. Book is written in an every day language. It feels like you are sitting with Bill and Javon and they are recapping their day to you. So that's interesting too. I guess it's possible that some fans might have a Trouble with this book if they feel overly protective of Michael's privacy. Yes the book mentions Michael's everyday life, stuff that wasn't known before hence private but I thought they were nicely balanced. I personally like positive stories about Michael and/or stories that show him as a normal person. But like I said it's possible that some might think this is an invasion of privacy.

Finally some quotes:
    Noch einige Zitate:

"Michael Jackson had an effect on people. It’s hard to describe. Once he let people in, they started feeling possessive of him. Like, He’s mine! People didn't do it on purpose; he brought it out of them because he was bigger than life. He’s calling them personally, giving them leeway to dictate certain stuff, and they start to feel like, Okay, he trusts me. They see how vulnerable and hurt he is. They see all these other people trying to use him and take advantage of him. So they start to think, If I’m the one in control, I’ll make sure he’s okay.

So once he lets someone in, pretty soon they’re starting to speak on his behalf, as opposed to letting him make his own decisions. They know if they do it, they won’t get that much flak, because they know Mr. Jackson doesn't question things. They start to feel like they’re in control, but to keep that control, they've got to manipulate everybody else that’s trying to get at Mr. Jackson. So they’re spreading lies about this person or telling Mr. Jackson not to trust that person."

---------------------------

"It wasn't necessarily that those other people were bad people. There was just a force that dictated a lot of this madness. But the way it was around Mr. Jackson, nobody trusting anybody, so much money and power in play, it just sucked you into all this drama. "

--------------------
    " People look at what happened to Mr. Jackson and they want to blame somebody. “It was Dr. Murray.” “It was Tohme Tohme.” “It was his family.” Nah. That wasn’t it. It wasn't any one person. It was everything."

------------------------------------------

"As we drove back to the house, everyone was being real quiet in the backseat. Then Blanket looked up at his daddy and said, “Daddy, can we go back to the other house? Can we go back to Neverland?” Mr. Jackson shook his head and said, “No. We can’t ever go back there. That place has been contaminated by evil.”

-------------------

One time, we were driving and Blanket started to say something, and Mr. Jackson kinda shushed him. The kids kept giggling and Mr. Jackson kept going, “Shhh! No, I didn’t! No, I didn’t!”
    Blanket said, “Yes, you did, Daddy. You said that Bill looked like—”
    “Shhh! ”
    So now I was curious. I said, “Bill looks like what?”
    I looked in the rearview mirror. Blanket and Mr. Jackson were both staring at each other like, Who’s gonna tell him?
    Blanket looked at me and said, “Bill, Daddy says you look like the Thing!”
    “The Thing? What’s the Thing?”
    “You know,” Blanket said, “the guy from the Fantastic Four! Daddy said you look like the Thing from the Fantastic Four.”
    And I was like, Wow. Okay. The brother’s got jokes. Then Blanket said, “And Javon looks like Frozone from The Incredibles!”
    We all had a good laugh about it.

---------------------------

Michael to Bill

“I just want my kids to have a better life than me,” he said. “I never want them to go through what I had to go through. How would you guys feel if your kids asked you for something and you had to send someone out to get it? I appreciate what you guys do for my kids, but I’m their father. I should be the one doing those things, but I can’t just get in the car and go. There are so many things I can’t do for them because those people out there won’t let me. You have no idea how that feels. You really don’t. I just wanna live my life with my kids.”

-------------------------------------------------

Ps: the name of "Friend" is mentioned towards the end of the book and the name reminds you of a certain person. However the physical description of "Friend" doesn't fit with the person known to fans. So it looks like they are two different people with the same name.

• Danke für's Einstellen, Lena :Tova:

But they can't make him leave so Michael decides he won't go to Elizabeth's birthday and goes to bed.

Das macht mich grad so sauer und traurig! Michael trifft zwei Wochen lang Vorbereitungen, um überraschend auf Elizabeth Taylors Geburtstag aufzutauchen, und ausgerechnet an diesem Tag kommt Randy Jackson und weigert sich zu gehen und verdirbt alles und Michael entschließt sich, nicht zu Elizabeth zu gehen und geht statt dessen ins Bett.
    "Vielen Dank auch", Randy, dass Du Michael einen Tag verdorben hast, auf den er sich vermutlich lange gefreut hatte! :watsch::sauer:

He talked with Nelson Mandela on the phone several times.

Er telephonierte mehrmals mit Mandela... :wolke1:

"As we drove back to the house, everyone was being real quiet in the backseat. Then Blanket looked up at his daddy and said, “Daddy, can we go back to the other house? Can we go back to Neverland?” Mr. Jackson shook his head and said, “No. We can’t ever go back there. That place has been contaminated by evil.”

Blanket: "Können wir nach Neverland zurückgehen?" Michael: "Nein. Wir können niemals dort hin zurückkehren. Dieser Ort ist verseucht von Bösem." ;(:rotz:

• ..erstmal DANke liebe LenaLena :danke: fürs finden und reinstellen des "reviews"...hört sich für mich sehr interessant an und ich werde mir wohl das Buch zu Gemüte führen...

...kenne einige der Geschichten schon... denn sie sind ja in Moriatys Buch "Defending The King" beschrieben.... die sollte wohl einst das Buch für die Bodyguards schreiben und traf sich verschiedentlich mit ihnen....doch dann haben diese sich anders entschieden....und sie veröffentlichte ihr Buch "Defending The King"...
    Wirft jetzt nicht so gutes Licht auf "Defending The King" und die Leute... die sie da unterstützen.... jedenfalls ist Information aus erster Hand eindeutig die bessere...

Ich aber gelobte mir,
    mich niemals abstumpfen zu lassen
    und den Vorwurf der Sentimentalität
    niemals zu fürchten.

Albert Schweitzer

• Es wäre klasse, wenn ihr uns an Michaels Alltagsleben teilnehmen lassen würdet. So ein paar kleine übersetzte Abschnitte würde mich/uns freuen. Das Buch wird wohl mal wieder nur in Englisch erscheinen. Oder hat jemand andere Informationen?

Schade, dass die Arbeit an Übersetzungen von "langen Texten" eingestellt wurde. :stuhl: Es gehen einem so viiiiel Informationen verloren. :verzweifelt:

• Hier die Übersetzung von wichtigen Abschnitten :

Zitat

The book has several heartwarming, funny and interesting and at times unbelievable stories. Michael Jackson the father is always nice to read. His interactions with his children, their love towards each other gives you warm feelings. So stuff like Michael doing laundry, Michael taking his kids to Chuck E. Cheese, fast food drive through events, after hour store visits to toy stores, go kart place, Krispy Kreme to see how donuts are made, Michael giving responsibility talk to Prince about his dog Kenya, Blanket asking for a hippopotamus as a pet after Prince got his dog Kenya and Paris got her cat Katie, Michael giving money and food to homeless people,ordering a large Tinkerbell statue from eBay, asking bodyguards to get(cough steal) a lifesize Spiderman figurines on the lampposts outside Burger King stores, Michael getting stopped by Secret Service as his car with tinted windows drove around White House etc is interesting and fun stories to read. The book also mentions visits by "Friend" and "Flower", two woman from overseas and yes Michael kissing "Friend".

Übersetzung : Das Buch hat viele herzwärmende, lustige, interessante und unglaubliche Geschichten. Über Michael Jackson, dem Vater, ist immer gut zu lesen. Seine Interaktion mit seinen Kindern, die Liebe, die ausgetauscht wurde, gibt einem ein warmes Gefühl. Sachen wie: Michael macht die Wäsche, Michael nimmt seine Kinder to Chuck E.Cheese, Fast-Food Drive Besuche, stundelange Besuche zu Spielzeug-Läden, Besuch beim "kart-place", Besuche zu "Krispy Kreme" um zu sehen wie Donuts hergestellt werden, Michael gibt die Verantwortung über seinen Hund Kenya an Prince, Blanket fragt nach einem Nilpferd nach dem Prince ein Hund und Paris eine Katze bekommen haben, Michael gibt Geld und essen an obdachlose Leute, Michael bestellt eine große Tinkerball Statue von Ebay, Michael fragt seinen Bodyguard, die lebensgroße Spiderman-Figure vor Burger King zu kaufen, Michael's Auto wird vor dem weißen Haus gestoppt weil sie mit getönten Fenstern gefahren sind und sie deshalb verdächtigt wurden, ... Das Buch erwähnt außerdem Besuche von "Friend" und "Flower", zwei Frauen von Europa, und Michael's "Küssfreundin".

Zitat

Book mentions Michael's staff, business people, family and friends as well. Some of them are mentioned negatively (most of Michael's business associates including Bain, Feldman, Cross and Sony, as well as some of his family members such as Randy Jackson), some of them mentioned positively (such as Miko Brando and Cascios) and some just neutral.

Das Buch erwähnt außerdem das Team von Michael, seine Business-Leute, familie und Freunde. Einige werden negativ erwähnt (hauptsächlich Michael's Business-Leute wie Bain, Feldman, Cross und Sony, aber auch einige seiner Familien Mitglieder wie Randy Jackson), es werden aber auch einige positive Leute erwähnt (wie Miko Brando und Cascios), und einige Leute werden einfach neutral erwähnt.

Zitat

Jacksons: Bodyguards mention that Michael did not want to see his family - his orders. The only person he would see and could come unannounced was Katherine. He refused to see other family members when they came and required them to make appointments. Michael refused to see Joe once, refused to see Randy, Rebbie and Jackie (when they got in by following the chef), refused to see Randy (when he smashed his car to the gate) and only agreed to see his brothers (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine) in the security trailer after making sure Randy wasn't with them and didn't want to see Janet.

Michael wollte seine Familie nicht sehen. Die einzige Person, die ihn unangekündigt sehen durfte, war Katherine. Er weigerte sich, andere Familienmitglieder zu sehen wenn sie gekommen sind, Michael verlangte immer Termine. Michael weigerte sich außerdem einmal, Joe zu sehen, er weigerte sich, Randy, Rebbie und Jackie zu sehen (als sie reingekommen sind), er weigerte sich Randy zu sehen (als er mit seinem Auto ins Eingangstor reingecrasht ist). Er sah seine Brüder Jackie, Tito und Jemaine nur wenn er wusste, dass Randy nicht bei denen war und er weigerte sich außerdem, Janet zu sehen.

Zitat

It turns out the gate crashing event happened on Elizabeth Taylor's 75th birthday. Her people had reached out to Michael and he would attend her birthday as a surprise to her. Michael spent 2 weeks preparing to that day. Before they were supposed to leave for Taylor's birthday, bodyguards take the car to fill it with gas. When the bodyguard returns, Randy follows the car, crashes the closing gate, forces his way into the property. Bodyguards rush to the car with their guns out and see Randy with a woman passenger. Randy tells them "Get that gun out my face before I call the press.” and screaming and cursing “Michael owe me money! I want my ****in’ money! I ain’t ****in’ moving ’til I get my ****in’ money! ”. They tell Michael that Randy is there and what he's saying, he tells the bodyguard to get rid of him. But they can't make him leave so Michael decides he won't go to Elizabeth's birthday and goes to bed. Randy refused to leave and stayed at the driveway for hours. Bodyguards had to call Joe Jackson. When Joe came Randy told him he would call the press to tell them he was there for his money. Joe eventually convinced Randy to leave.

Die Sache mit Randy, wo er mit seinem Auto ins Eingangstor reingecrasht ist, passierte an Elitzabeth Taylor's 75. Geburtstag. Michael wollte einen Überraschungsbesuch zu ihrem Geburtstag machen, und er bereitete sich 2 Wochen auf diesen Tag vor. Als sie sich bereitmachten, das Haus zu verlassen, gingen die Bodyguards zuerst raus um das Auto zu tanken. Als die Bodyguards mit dem Auto zurück ins Haus gefahren sind, wollte Randy mit ins Haus fahren, jedoch war er zu spät und während die Tore geschlossen wurden, ist er mit seinem Auto dagegen gefahren. Die Bodyguards sind dann mit einer Pistole zum Auto gegangen, und sie haben Randy mit einer Frau gesehen. Randy sagte ihnen "Nimm die Pistole weg, bevor ich die Presse anrufe". Außerdem schrie er "Michael schuldet mir Geld, ich will mein verdammtes Geld! Ich werde nicht weggehen, bevor ich mein Geld kriege". Sie sagten dann Michael, dass Randy da ist und was er sagt, und Michael sagte, dass sie versuchen sollen ihn wegzukriegen. Aber Randy wollte nicht gehen, deshalb hat sich Michael entschieden, nicht zum Geburtstag zu gehen und er ging zu Bett. Randy blieb immernoch Stunden vor dem Eingang, und die bodyguards ruften Joe an. Als Joe kam, sagte Randy anschließend dass er die Presse anrufen wird und ihnen sagen wird, dass Michael ihm Geld schuldet. Joe hat ihn aber dann bewegt, zu gehen.

Zitat

" People look at what happened to Mr. Jackson and they want to blame somebody. “It was Dr. Murray.” “It was Tohme Tohme.” “It was his family.” Nah. That wasn’t it. It wasn't any one person. It was everything."

Leute schauen sich Michael's Leben an und schieben die Schuld auf das negative auf Murray, einige auf Tohme Tohme, und einige auf seine Familie. Aber nein. Es war nicht nur eine Person. Es war einfach alles zusammen.

• Hier noch ein funny Story:

Michael goes to Walmart incognito when he was staying in Virginia. They get suspicious as his face was covered, cops were called and people were curious who that person is. Bodyguards say "It's Prince" to the cops and people around and they leave. Michael asks them what happened when they are in the car and they say we told that you were Prince. Michael laughs and say “No wonder they left us alone.”

Michael geht zu Walmart inkognito, als er in Virginia verweilte. Sie wurden misstrauisch, als sein Gesicht bedeckt war, Bullen wurden gerufen und die Leute waren neugierig, wer diese Person ist. Bodyguards sagten zu den Polizisten "Es ist Prince", und die Polzisten und die Menschen drumherum gingen. Michael fragt was passiert war als sie im Auto waren und sie sagten wir haben gesagt, dass Du Prince bist. Michael lacht und sagte "Kein Wunder, dass sie uns in Ruhe gelassen haben."

Eddie Griffin als ein Freund mit dem Michael in ständigem Kontakt war ist jezt für mich ein ganz neuer Name. Musste erstmal googlen wer das ist.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LenaLena ()

• "Remember the Time foregoes sensationalism in favor of a sympathetic but unsentimental examination of life behind the gates in Michael Jackson's final years. Told in conversational accounts by Jackson's former bodyguards, Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the narrative is by turns absorbing, routine, humorous, and tragic. A single father facing enormous financial pressures and a vagabond existence while trying to find some peace and joy with his three young children, Jackson is revealed, not as the 'freak show' the media so often presented, but as human. These recollections not only help fill in some of the biographical gaps in Jackson's life but demonstrate with unflinching detail the real-life price of fame."
    —Joseph Vogel, author of Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson

Kommentar von Joe Vogel: Das Buch ist eine sympatische, humorige aber auch tragische Darstellung von MJs Leben, ohne sich in Tabloidberichten zu verlieren- Erzählt werden Einblicke in das Leben eines alleinerziehenden Vaters, der unter dem Einfluss von finanziellen Druck versucht seinen Kinder Glück und Frieden zu vermitteln. MJ als Mensch ! ...

[b][i]

• Michael Jackson's Bodyguards Reveal Singer's Alleged Romances

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/michael-ja...9.html#Dudq9nX

Michael Jackson reportedly had an Eastern European girlfriend.The pop icons bodyguards Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield have made the
    revelations regarding Jackson's love life in a book about their time as the singer's closest aides.In the book titled Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days, the bodyguards describe the slender 5-feet-4 women known as 'Friend' as 'drop-dead gorgeous.'They reveal that the Dirty Diana singer would hug and kiss her in the
    back of his chauffeur-driven car and visit her at night at a nearby Hampton Inn, after his kids went to bed.
    The singer also allegedly had another female visitor nicknamed 'Flower.'"Flower visited a few days after 'Friend' and while she and the pop star
    were close, Jackson was more fond of 'Friend," Whitfield claims.The bodyguards said that they were responsible for making sure everything was ready for 'Friends' arrival whenever she came to town.
    Revealing that the singer would often buy the town women gifts from Tiffany's, Beard and Whitfield also realised the extent of the singer's financial problems, claiming they witnessed Jackson splurge on a $10,000 shopping spree that ended when his credit card was declined.
    The bodyguards maintain that in recounting the personal details of Jackson's life, it is not their intention to cause him or his family any
    embarrassment and were "very fond of him and loved his kids."Michael Jacksondied of acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 50.'Remember the Time' will be published in June.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London, April 21 (ANI): Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have claimed that they regularly picked up girls for the late singer, breaking the
    image of the star who was assumed to be gay and even a paedophile.According to guards Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield in a new book titled 'Remember The Time: Protecting Michael Jackson
    In His Final Days', a "drop-dead gorgeous" 5ft 4in Eastern European woman, dubbed "Friend," was spotted getting cozy with the King of Pop
    One while driving around Los Angeles while another nicknamed "Flower", was showered with extravagant gifts from Tiffany's and other top stores
    by him, the Daily Star reported.A US publishing source added that the minders refused to cast any doubt on Jackson's role with children as he never acted out of sorts on their watch.

Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have penned a tell-all on the oddball pop star, detailing how he sent them to pick up
    mystery women, disciplined his kids and suffered major money issues.Confidenti@l got an advance galley of “Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days,” written by the King of Pop’s former staffers Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield.They reveal that Jackson’s son Prince, now 17, once got a dog as a present and didn’t clean up after it. Jackson moonwalked right into the
    dog’s poop, infuriating him. According to Beard, the Gloved One “chewed Prince out, big time.” Prince soon began following the dog with a broom
    and dustpan to make sure he wasn’t dumped on again.The duo claim that during their employment, they picked up several women for their boss, including one with an Eastern European accent who was
    referred to only as “Friend.” They said she stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn, where Jackson would visit her at night after his kids went to
    sleep. The bodyguards describe the King of Pop’s gal pal as “drop-dead gorgeous,” standing about 5-feet-4 with a slender physique.

Another lady friend nicknamed “Flower” came a few days after “Friend” had left. It was Whitfield’s sense that Jackson was closer with “Friend”
    than he was with “Flower.” He says that when “Friend” came to town, it was a big deal. Jackson would even send his musclemen to buy presents
    from high-end shops like Tiffany in anticipation of her visit. According to the book, Jackson and “Friend” would hug and kiss while being driven
    around town.Jackson’s money troubles are detailed throughout the book, with the bodyguards claiming they didn’t get paid on time and would go months without a paycheck.

Whitfield says Jackson once saw dolls in a shop and asked him if he was going to buy anything for his daughter. Whitfield replied that he couldn’t, because he hadn’t been paid.
    According to Whitfield, Jackson nevertheless went on a $10,000 shopping spree that ended when his credit card was declined.The authors claim that despite passages in the book that may reflect
    poorly on Jackson, they are not trying to embarrass their former boss. “It’s not a bitter tell-all,” says one industry insider of the duo’s
    goal in penning the book. “They were very fond of him and loved his kids, but they describe someone who was surrounded by thieving managers and assistants.”The book will be published in June

Die ersten Medien haben das Bodyguard-Buch aufgegriffen. Berichtet wird über 2 weibliche Bekanntschaften - genannt Flower & Friend. Die Bodyguards haben kleine Geschenke bei Tiffanys besorgt und Mike traf sich in einem Hotel mit Friend als die Kinder im Bett waren. Lt. den Bodyguards mochte Mike Friend mehr als Flower. Friend war sehr hübsch und hatte einem osteuropäischen Akzent.
    Prince bekam außerdem Ärger mit Papa, weil er die Hinterlassenschaften des neuen Hundes nicht beseitigte... tja-gehört halt auch dazu :-D

• Die ersten Medien haben das Bodyguard-Buch aufgegriffen

ja ....................

Michael Jackson lässt die Nachwelt einfach nicht los: In einem neuen Buch sollen erneut pikante Details aus dem Leben des früh verstorbenen Weltstars ans Licht kommen. Zwei frühere Bodyguards berichten darin unter anderem von mysteriösen Frauengeschichten und massiven Geldproblemen des „King of Pop“.
    http://www.focus.de/kultur/ver…ber-jacko_id_3789067.html << auf DEUTSCH

"When people's minds are clouded by anger or hatred, no angel can reach them". ~Michael Jackson~

• Ein offener Brief der Bodyguards an die Fans: (werde ihn später übersetzen, wenn meine kids im Bettchen schlummern :kicher: )

We have received the following open letter to the fans from Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the bodyguards behind the new book ‘Remember The Time’, which was released last week:

Dear MJFam:

It has been a week since our new book, Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days, went on sale. Since we hit stores, the response we’ve received from fans has been overwhelmingly positive. But there are a few questions and concerns circulating around that we’d like to address directly.

Fans on Twitter and Facebook have had a lot of questions about Why we did the book, how we handled ethical concerns about Mr. Jackson’s privacy, Why we didn’t take any money up front for writing the book, and so on. We’ve already addressed most of these in the in-depth Q&As published on the MJJ Community fan site and the Michael and the Truth blog, so we won’t repeat the answers here. What we would like to speak on is the reaction some fans have had based on that’s being said about the book in the tabloid media.

Yes, the tabloids have taken things from the book out of context and blown them up to make Mr. Jackson look “crazy.” Nobody should be surprised about that. And trust us, we’re more upset about it than you are. Our publishers have complained to the newspaper editors, repeatedly. One London tabloid had to be threatened with legal action to stop a story that deliberately distorted our words to the point of being libelous. That one article we were able to kill, but as Mr. Jackson knew all too well, there is only so much you can do to shut the tabloids up. The media will twist and sensationalize. They always do. Which is Why we put our story in a book so that fans could go around the media and get the truth firsthand.

Our only motivation in doing this project was to give the world an honest, sincere, and respectful portrait of Mr. Jackson as a man and as a father. Still, some in the fan community have been tweeting and writing us with complaints based on the distortions in the media, not on what’s actually written in the book. The ultimate irony of all of this is that Michael Jackson’s fans are paying attention to what’s being said about Michael Jackson in the tabloids, even though you’re the ones who know that you shouldn’t pay any attention to anything the tabloids say about Michael Jackson.

All we are asking is that you judge the book on its merits, that you judge our motivation and our integrity based on what we have produced. You shouldn’t form a decision based on what the media is saying—and you shouldn’t just listen to us, either. (Obviously, we’re a little biased.) There is only one group you should be paying attention to: the fans who have actually read the book. They know the truth.

We’ve started going through all the fan reviews we’ve received via email, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon, and we’ve compiled the best of them on our website for you to peruse. We even reached out to a few of these readers and asked them to submit video testimonials discussing their reactions to the book in greater detail. Three of the videos have been posted so far. More will be go up in the days ahead. They are wonderful and informative to watch.

Right now, as you’ll see, the response from fans has been incredibly supportive. But we do welcome all opinion and thoughtful debate—positive and negative, celebratory and critical—as long as that opinion is based on knowledge about what is actually printed inside the
    book. For his entire life, Michael Jackson was plagued by people who rushed to judgement without taking the time to learn the facts and make informed decisions. We don’t need to be doing the same thing to each other.

We don’t expect every person on Earth to love the book or agree with everything we’re doing, and we understand the healthy skepticism that many in the fan community have. You were MJ’s most passionate protectors in life, and you’ve continued that role since his passing. We respect that. All we ask is that you read what other fans have to say, watch their testimonials, and then make up your own mind.

Many thanks and God bless,
    Bill Whitfield & Javon Beard

http://www.mjworld.net/news/20…-open-letter-to-the-fans/

• Übersetzung "offener Brief der Bodyguards"

Liebe MJ Familie,

es ist nun eine Woche her, dass wir unser neues Buch „Remember the Time: Der Schutz von Michael Jackson in seinen letzten Tagen, herausgebracht haben. Seit es in den Buchläden zu kaufen ist, ist das Feedback was wir von Fans bekommen, überwältigend positiv. Aber da sind ein paar Fragen und Sorgen, die im Umlauf sind, die wir gerne direkt an euch richten würden.

Fans auf Twitter und Facebook hatten viele Fragen: Warum wir dieses Buch geschrieben haben, wie wir mit ethischen, privaten Problemen von Mr. Jackson umgehen, warum wir keinen Vorschuss bekommen haben, um das Buch zu schreiben usw. Wir haben die meisten Fragen in Q&A in der MJJ Community Fanseite und dem Blog schon beantwortet, deshalb wollen wir diese Antworten hier nicht wiederholen. Was wir gerne ansprechen würden, sind die Reaktionen, die Fans hatten, über das was in den Medien verbreitet wurde, über unser Buch.

Ja, die Klatschblätter haben Zitate aus dem Buch völlig aus dem Zusammenhang gerissen, haben sie aufgebauscht um Mr. Jackson verrückt aussehen zu lassen. Niemand sollte darüber eigentlich verwundert sein. Und glaubt uns, wir sind darüber sehr verärgert, mehr, als ihr es seid. Unsere Herausgeber haben sich wiederholt bei den Zeitungsredakteuren darüber beklagt. Einem Londoner Boulevardblatt mussten wir sogar mit einer Klage drohen, wenn sie nicht sofort damit aufhören würden, unsere Wörter so zu verdrehen, dass es verleumderisch klingt. Diese ganzen Artikel haben wir stoppen können, aber genau wie Mr. Jackson es gewusst hat, gibt es so viel was ihr machen könnt, um diese Boulevardblätter zu stoppen. Die Medien verdrehen und sind sensationslüstern. Das machen sie immer. Das ist der Grund, warum wir unsere Geschichte in einem Buch veröffentlichen, damit die Fans die Medien umgehen und die Wahrheit aus erster Hand hören.

Unser einziger Grund, dieses Buch zu veröffentlichen ist, der Welt ein ehrliches, aufrichtiges, respektvolles Bild von Mr. Jackson, als Mann und als Vater, aufzuzeigen. Einige Fans haben uns Beschwerden getweetet und geschrieben über Inhalte, die auf den Verzerrungen in den Medien gestützt sind, nicht auf das, was wirklich im Buch geschrieben steht. Die Ironie es Ganzen ist, dass die Fans von Michael Jackson dem Aufmerksamkeit schenken, was über ihn in den Medien verbreitet wird, obwohl sie auch diejenigen sind, die wissen sollten, dass sie den Medien keine Aufmerksamkeit schenken sollten, über das, was die Boulevardblätter über Michael Jackson zu berichten haben.

Alles was wir möchten ist, dass ihr das Buch über den Inhalt beurteilt, dass ihr unsere Motivation und unsere Integrität über unser Erzeugnis beurteilt. Beurteilt unser Buch nicht über das, was die Medien darüber berichten – und ihr solltet auch auf uns nicht hören. (Offensichtlich werden wir etwas beeinflusst). Es gibt nur eine Gruppe, denen ihr alle Aufmerksamkeit schenken solltet, dass ist die Gruppe der Fans, die das Buch gelesen haben, die kennen die Wahrheit.

Wir haben damit begonnen, alle Fanrezensionen durchzugehen, die wir per E-Mail, Twitter, Goodreads und Amazon bekommen haben, haben einige ausgewählt und sie auf unserer Webseite für euch zusammen gestellt, damit ihr sie durchlesen könnt. Wir haben einige Leser sogar gebeten, ein Video zu erstellen, indem sie auf mehr Details eingehen. Drei Videos sind bislang eingestellt worden, aber es werden in den nächsten Tagen noch mehrere Videos folgen. Sie sind wunderbar und sehr informativ.

Derzeit sind die Antworten der Fans wirklich unglaublich unterstützend gewesen. Aber wir begrüßen alle Meinungen und nachdenkliche Diskussionen darüber – positiv und negativ, feiernd und kritisch – solange die Meinung über die Kenntnisse aus dem Buch resultiert und was wirklich dort gedruckt wurde. Sein ganzes Leben lang wurde Michael Jackson von Leuten gejagt, die geurteilt haben, ohne sich Zeit zu nehmen, die Wahrheit zu erfahren und dann fundierte Entscheidungen zu treffen. Wir müssen miteinander nicht dasselbe machen.

Wir erwarten nicht, dass jeder Mensch auf dieser Erde das Buch liebt, oder mit allem übereinstimmt, was wir tun und wir können die gesunde Skepsis verstehen, die in der Fangemeinde herrscht. Ihr alle seit leidenschaftliche Beschützer von Michael Jackson in seinem Leben gewesen uns ihr füllt diese Rolle auch weiterhin aus. Wir respektieren das. Alles was wir uns wünschen ist, dass ihr lest, was andere Fans, die das Buch schon gelesen haben, darüber sagen und dann fasst eure eigene Meinung.

Vielen Dank und Gott segne Euch
    Bill Whitfield & Javon Beard

• Ja, die Klatschblätter haben Zitate aus dem Buch völlig aus dem Zusammenhang gerissen, haben sie aufgebauscht um Mr. Jackson verrückt aussehen zu lassen. Niemand sollte darüber eigentlich verwundert sein. Und glaubt uns, wir sind darüber sehr verärgert, mehr, als ihr es seid. Unsere Herausgeber haben sich wiederholt bei den Zeitungsredakteuren darüber beklagt. Einem Londoner Boulevardblatt mussten wir sogar mit einer Klage drohen, wenn sie nicht sofort damit aufhören würden, unsere Wörter so zu verdrehen, dass es verleumderisch klingt.

Auch in der heutigen Rede von Christian Wulff wurde dieser Kontext hervorgehoben. Ich frage mich ernsthaft, warum da kein Gesetzgeber einschreitet und endlich damit anfängt auch empfindlich zu bestrafen und nicht nur den Finger zu heben um "du du du" zu sagen.

Vielen Dank Marion, auch wenn es mich traurig macht, dass obiges erst erwähnt werden muss. Aber wie immer werden es Fans sein, die dann wieder einmal aufschreien und lautstark verkünden, dass sie ja nur Michael schützen, weil er es selber nicht mehr kann. (ich mags nicht mehr lesen und hören, denn viel zu oft schon, wurde es als Vorwand benutzt "besser" zu sein und mehr für MJ zu tun, als sonst wer.)

Jeder Tag an dem Dich jemand liebt ist ein schöner Tag!

Ich liebe Dich!!!

Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil (und weiß Bescheid)

• Wir haben damit begonnen, alle Fanrezensionen durchzugehen, die wir per E-Mail, Twitter, Goodreads und Amazon bekommen haben, haben einige ausgewählt und sie auf unserer Webseite für euch zusammen gestellt, damit ihr sie durchlesen könnt. Wir haben einige Leser sogar gebeten, ein Video zu erstellen, indem sie auf mehr Details eingehen. Drei Videos sind bislang eingestellt worden, aber es werden in den nächsten Tagen noch mehrere Videos folgen. Sie sind wunderbar und sehr informativ.

..gaaanz lieben Dank für die Übersetzung :danke: ... hat jemand vielleicht nen link zur o.a. Webseite? :lg:

Ich aber gelobte mir,
    mich niemals abstumpfen zu lassen
    und den Vorwurf der Sentimentalität
    niemals zu fürchten.

Albert Schweitzer

• Die Medien verdrehen und sind sensationslüstern.

das war immer schon so und daran wird sich auch nichts ändern,es sei denn wir lassen es nicht mehr zu,indem wir solche
    reißerischen "aufmacher" einfach ignorieren,aber es wird daran scheitern,weil der mensch so geartet ist,daß er sich
    dann sagt" aber wissen möcht ich´s schon-vielleicht ist ja was wahres dran".
    vor vielen jahren hab ich in florenz eine menschenmenge vor einem zeitungskiosk gesehen.
    natürlich neugierig,hab ich mich auch in die vorderste reihe zum lesen durchgeschlängelt und sah die :bild: mit
    einer riesengroßen überschrift und das sah ungefähr so aus: auch mildret scheel hat den krebs besiegt
    leider ist sie dann, aber viele jahre später ,tatsächlich an dieser schrecklichen krankheit verstorben.
    wir sollten einfach auf unseren/meinen michael hören und diesen schund einfach nicht kaufen und dann brauchen wir uns auch
    nicht darüber aufregen,denn von den medien wurden und werden wir weiterhin kontrolliert,des geldes wegen.
    wundern tut einen aber wirklich nicht,denn wer hat die :bild: nach dem kriege erlaubt/gegründet/bezahlt/initiert? die amerikaner!

• ,indem wir solche reißerischen "aufmacher" einfach ignorieren

Das wäre schön, wird aber so einfach leider nicht funktionieren, da der Mensch von Natur aus neugierig ist. Deshalb finde ich es z. B. besser, die Artikel hier einzustellen, eben damit sie nicht so viele Klicks bekommen (denn gelesen werden sie leider doch immer wieder) und darüber zu diskutieren. :blume:

• da der Mensch von Natur aus neugierig ist.

du hast recht,wie ich oben schon schrieb,auch ich habe mich angestellt, um diese überschrift zu lesen,
    danch habe ich mich schrecklich geschämt und seitdem versuche ich es zu vermeiden sowas zu lesen,
    gelingt,muß ich leider gestehen,nicht immer.aber man solls versuchen,ist doch auch schonmal ein anfang. :zwinker: