Cirque du Soleil führt Michael-Jackson-Show auf

• Danke für die Übersetzung Maya. Hier noch der Bericht von Gaz Taylor, Chef der MJJC, habe aber nicht übersetzt:
    Die show wird unglaublich.
    Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour - An Exclusive Rehearsal Review - My Story
    senatus_VqmOeX.jpg

It was a normal morning for me, working 9 to 5 it was a usual day when all of a sudden an email that was to take my breathe away hit my inbox titled a special invitation I was curious to its content of course you can imagine my inbox mail after mail and like anyone I always read my mail and ensure people get a responce yep one hell of a task but thats just me being me as a servant to the fans of Michael Jackson however this particular mail caught my eye moreso than most and here is Why,

Upon opening I started reading the emotions were building and building I could not beleive what I was reading in fact I read and re read thinking no surely not surely this is a joke however it wasn't it was genuine those that sent it I know to be legit and would never play a prank like this so yes to my abolute amazement it said hey Gaz do you want to come to Montreal in Canada would you like so come and see a private performance of Cirque Du Soliel's ultimate tribute to Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour omg I was wooohhhaaaaa I was climbing the walls with excitement omg I said to myself this is for real I am going to watch not only the worlds most iconic artist's tribute just as importantly Cirque Du Soleil were the ones doing it now from the very day this was announced I was like OMG what a partnership two iconic legends coming together what better way of celebrating Michael than Cirque doing it hell Michael himself loved all they did even touring their campus,
    senatus_37AJAJ.jpg
    The day came nervous as hell my trip began with lots of flying 10 hours one way in fact to Canada via the US but was it worth it HELL YEAH IT WAS.

My Day Starts Here

So 3.30pm came and of we went I could not beleive we were that close only a ten minute walk around the corner to the Bell Centre hockey stadium yep a whole arena was reserved for the final rehearsals one in which we were invited at one point I had to pinch myself thinking see I told you so those in charge are wanting to do Michael and his legacy justice clearly they had every intention to involve us the fans of course you can't invite everyone so Why not the leaders who represent communities in the wider world.

Walking into the arena we were litteraly stunned for words infront of us was the stage and set of Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirqu Du Soleil and let me tell you it ozzed Michael you could litteraly feel the energy of him all around the arena the excitement was building and like any rehearsals there was fine tuning to be done we kept getting small glimpses of his images on the big screens only for them to dissapear yep like with all setting these things up there were customary blips in that there was an issue with the video software waited and waited but you know what this increased our excitement many of the shows legendary contributors made a point to come and talk to us one being the great Greg Phillinganes musical director and master in his own right having worked with Michael directly on many of his albums and tours to other legendary artists, the energy this man has for the show and Michael's legacy was awe inspiring second to approach us was The Talauega Brothers choreographers to the show who had much to say to us including one factor that stuck out was make sure you got some tissues then the energy was building and building we could not wait no more.

The Stage
    senatus_Diy8XX.jpg

The set was dominated by a huge spiraling tree which had to be a replica of Michael's giving tree around the tree was a huge stage and to the upper rear was Cirq's first ever live band steps dropped down to the dance and main show area with a long singular dance and walk way coming way out to beyond the middle of the arena finnished with a huge round dance area,

SHOW TIME
    michael-jackson-tour-storyboard2.jpg

The rumbling started the lights went up, its show time.....

Facing us was Michael's Neverland gates appearing out of the smoke from the very end of the stage was a young man who started to dance to Remember the Time and dance he did Locking and popping spinning and sliding/gliding it was clear this man could dance.

He was then in slow motion being sucked back along the stage to a huge screen where Michael himself was dancing the emotions started to run as all the memories of seeing him live came flooding back from the outset you could see they were trying to capture the essence of Michael actually being there the energy he oozed to the crowds even though he wasnt it was still a must for all to see and hear Cirq had me hooked from that moment, it was clear I was not just watching a tribute but some thing that was dedicated to him his memory his incredible talents Cirq wanted to create it all and that they did with their own iconic ability to put on a show of shows Cirq lived up to everything they are good at.

senatus_mafpRX_display.jpg

I do not want to go into to much detail so as to not spoil your very own experience but many a tune boomed across the arena Childhood was for me very emotional and brought back a lot of the emotions of Michael what he endured through his years then to lift it Up again was Wanna Be Startin Somthin after which from the audience the stage was raided by five super fans this story in itself was amazing throughout the show as they kept appearing and as the story unfolded it was clear they were there to try and be with Michael in Neverland skipping to some favourable parts Dangerous and Smooth Criminal was OMG they for me managed to capture the dance Michael created and performed another incredible part was Human nature acrobats all in black with lights all over spinning up and down in rings above the stage was hugley a favourite for me,

Moving onto the to the music I for one could not be more excited to tell you all of the sounds that boomed around for pretty much the whole of the show, the mash ups the mixes the classics and incredibly the live band they were faultless in creating a master peice from start to finnish it is one hell of a musical journey and hell yeah I have got to get my hands on it to play in our All Michael Friday Show lol.

Summary
    2181896Cirque-du-soleil-brand1.jpg

If The Immortal World Tour comes to a city near you whether your a fan or not its a must, as one thing is for sure if you not a fan you soon will be.

I commend the Estate And Cirque, together they have brough not only two iconics in Michael Jackson and Cirque Du Soleil but a team of people who have throughout Michael's life have been there for him helped him in acheiving his success those from who have produced his music to choreographed his moves even styled his cloths, what is evident is those in charged have not left no stone unturned in their quest to honour Michael's legacy

You cant beat the main man himself but boy these guys have come a close second.

My last words and sentimients are exactly as I told to both Jeff Jampol Estate General Manager and John Branca Co Excecutor Of Michael Jackson's Estate - With this show you have done Michael Justice,

Yes finnaly A real Tribute To Michael Jackson

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von LenaLena ()

• Danke Maja, für die Übersetzung flowers.gifund Danke Lena, für den Beitrag mit den tollen BildernTova.gif !

Allein die Beschreibung zu lesen macht mich schon so aufgeregt, wie soll das erst werden, wenn man die Show selbst sehen kann (obwohl ... es dauert noch so lange, wie soll man das denn aushalten?Muuray.gif). Und die Bilder sind der Hammer! Ich glaube, wenn man sich das ansieht, denkt man die ganze Zeit herz.gif "Wenn er das doch nur sehen könnte ...!" herz.gif(Wenn man überhaupt denken kann - wahrscheinlich eher nicht!)b020.gif

Das Ganze ist von A-Z einfach so grandios - überwältigend - anbetungswürdig! beten.gifbeten.gifbeten.gif

The truth must dazzle gradually
    Or every man be blind
    Emily Dickinson

• :wow: Ich hab jetzt beim Lesen und anschauen der Bilder echte Gänsehaut bekommen :herz::herz::herz::herz:
    Das wird gigantisch werden, fenomenal, überwältigend einfach SPEECHLESS und wohl kaum zum aushalten sein :wäh: ... :stern:
    und ich kann es wirklich kaum noch abwarten :bounce::bounce::bounce: ........ :iwds::herz:

:herz: :herz: :herz: OOI HOPE YOU WILL STILL DANCINGOO:herz: :herz: :herz:

• :glupschi: oh Gott, ob ich das so lange aushalten kann :blau2: glaub ich muß doch mit Fröschchen nächstes Jahr die Rundreise im Handgepäck mitmachen :-D und dann die Show besuchen :iwds:

:nick: ...und ich hoffe, dass die bis August 2012 ihr festes Quartier in Las Vegas bezogen haben! Denn ich würde es gerne dort anschauen... :wolke1::wolke1::wolke1:

• :iwds: das muss sofort nach Dtld kommen... :iwds:

Danke euch für die Berichte......

Hoffentlich gibt es auch ne DVD dazu oder so.... :iwds::iwds::iwds:

"If only life could be a little more tender and art a little more robust."
    “Talent is an accident of genes - and a responsibility.”
    (Alan Rickman)

"It was not Michael Jackson's time to go. Michael Jackson is not here today because of the negligence and reckless acts of Dr. Murray." (David Walgren)

• und ich hoffe, dass die bis August 2012 ihr festes Quartier in Las Vegas bezogen haben! Denn ich würde es gerne dort anschauen

Ich glaube die Dauershow wird im Herbst 2012 in Las Vegas starten. Das ist dann allerdings ein 2. show-Konzept (sicher nicht minder toll) mit anderem Regisseur und Besetzung. Die Immortal-Tour geht ja dann auf Welttorunee.

Und laut Twitter eines Tänzers können wir schon im Herbst 2012 die shwow in Europa sehen

https://twitter.com/#!/Gianinni1

Gianinni1 Gianinni Semedo
    @
    @Lalitadebie We WILL be coming to Europe with the MJ Immortal World Tour in 2012! We will visit Holland too! after the summer of 2012!

• Ja das wäre auch nicht schlecht, aber ich sag mal ganz frech. Wenn sie es nach Holland schaffen,dann auch nach Deutschland und wahrscheinlich in mehreren Städten.

Und er sagt ja Europa, Holland erwähnt er wohl extra entweder weil er selbst Holländer ist oder weil ihn jemand nach Holland gefragt hat.

• Aber wer weiß, WANN sie dann nach DE kommen!

Wir sind aber auch was hibbelig, nee, nee! Wir sollten den Tourplan erst einmal abwarten und dann kann man Nägel mit Köpfen machen!
    Aber ich könnte mir das als besonders schön vorstellen, wenn wir als Fan-Gruppe dort hinfahren und den Tag gemeinsam dort genießen! :hkuss:

• :daumen:

Zitat

Vielleicht können wir Karten für eine ganze Gruppe organisieren und machen eine Forums-Tour dorthin

:jubel::jubel::herz::wolke1::dafuer::gruppenk:

au ja..egal wohin die zuerst kommen...das fände ich superschön :jubel::wolke1: ..und wenn die auf die Idee kämen, erst in den Ländern aufzutreten, die um Dtld drumrum sind, dann fahren wir halt alle dahin!!! Aber mal abwarten...(auch wenns schwer fällt... :iwds: )

• Und laut Twitter eines Tänzers können wir schon im Herbst 2012 die shwow in Europa sehen

:juhuu::banane::headbang::michael2::juhuu:
    das geht ja schneller als ich gedacht habe :juhuu:

Mensch, Holland ist doch nicht soooo weit weg! Vielleicht können wir Karten für eine ganze Gruppe organisieren und machen eine Forums-Tour dorthin, was meint Ihr??? :juhuu: :banane: :doppelv: :banane: :juhuu:

Ich bin dabei, egal wo :pp:

... ja aber esrt mal abwarten, auch wenn ich das schier nicht mehr kann :wäh:
    und wenn se dann auch noch nach Dt.Land kommen, vielleicht sogar nach Stuttgart :angel: guck ichs mir halt nochmal an :-D

:herz: :herz: :herz: OOI HOPE YOU WILL STILL DANCINGOO:herz: :herz: :herz:

• :danke: Maja :kiss:
    für Deine Überstzungen. Das liest sich alles so wunderbar. Ich bin ja schon beim Lesen ganz ge- und berührt, wie soll das erst werden wenn ich das sehen werde :heul:
    und das ich das sehen will ist ja gar keine Frage.
    :iwds::dafuer::dafuer::dafuer::iwds:

• Hier nochmals eine Fanbericht/Interview zur Probenshow

Awe and Wonder: Michael and Cirque

http://dancingwiththeelephant.…/2011/09/22/aweandwonder/
    Willa: Joie, I’m so curious to hear about your trip to Montreal to see the Cirque du Soleil rehearsals! So, first impressions – what did you think?
    Willa: Joie, ich bin so neugierig von Deiner Reise nach Montreal zu hören um die Cirque du Soleil Proben zu sehen! So, der erste Eindruck - was hast du gedacht?

Joie: Well, my friend and MJFC Team mate, Jonathan texted me just as I was returning to my hotel room after the show, asking me that very same question and I believe my only response to him was OMG!!! Honestly, the only thing that could make this show better is if Michael himself were on the stage.
    [B]Joie: Nun, mein Freund und MJFC Teamkollege, Jonathan fragte mich das gleiche als ich in mein Hotelzimmer zurück war und glaube mit, dass meine einzige Reaktion war OMG! Ehrlich gesagt, das einzige was diese Show besser machen könnte wäre, wenn Michael selbst auf der Bühne stehen würde.

Willa: You know, that’s exactly what I’ve been wondering about most. From what I’ve read, The Immortal World Tour kind of sounds like a Michael Jackson concert without Michael Jackson. Did it feel that way to you?
    Willa: Weißt Du, das ist genau das worüber ich mich am meisten gewundert habe. Von was ich gelesen habe, Die Immortal World Tour das klingt wie ein Konzert von Michael Jackson ohne Michael Jackson. Hat es sich für Dich so angefühlt?

Joie: Well, that’s kind of a tricky question and here’s Why. This is the first time ever that the Cirque du Soleil has done a show using a live band. Their Elvis show didn’t have a live band; their Beatles show didn’t have a live band. It’s never been done before. And the way they’ve worked it is really kind of cool. Kevin Antunes, the musical director for the show, has been given exclusive access to all of Michael’s original master recordings, and he has taken those tracks and basically removed the music and elevated Michael’s vocals so that they are crisper than you have ever heard them before. So during the show, you’ve got Michael’s vocals on top of a live band and the result is amazing. And, of course the band includes Greg Phillinganes and Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett who both toured with Michael for many, many years so, the band itself is phenomenal. So, I guess, in that way it is sort of like a concert experience but, there is just so much going on here visually that it is definitely much more than a concert. It’s more like a journey through Michael’s life and career.
    Joie: Nun, das ist eine Art knifflige Frage und hier ist warum. Dies ist das erste Mal überhaupt, dass die Cirque du Soleil eine Show mit einer Live-Band macht. Ihre Elvis Show hat keine Live-Band, ihre Beatles Show hat keine Live-Band. Es wurde noch nie zuvor getan. Und die Art, wie sie es erarbeitet haben ist wirklich irgendwie cool. Kevin Antunes, der musikalische Leiter der Show, hatte exklusiven Zugang zu allen Original-Master-Michael-Aufnahmen und er hat diese Tracks genommen und im Grunde die Musik entfernt und Michael`s Gesang hervorgehoben, so dass er schärfer ist als Du es jemals zuvor gehört hast . So während der Show, du hast Michaels Gesang auf einer Live-Band und das Ergebnis ist erstaunlich. Und natürlich die Band umfasst Greg Phillinganes und Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett, mit denen Michael tourte für viele, viele Jahre so, die Band selbst ist phänomenal. Also, ich denke, auf diese Weise ist es ein bisschen wie ein Konzerterlebnis, aber es gibt einfach so viel visuelles, dass es definitiv viel mehr als ein Konzert ist. Es ist mehr wie eine Reise durch Michaels Leben und die Karriere.

Willa: So it doesn’t feel like there’s a big empty hole on stage where he should be? It’s a satisfying experience in its own right?
    Willa: So fühlt es sich nicht an als gäbe es ein großes leeres Loch auf der Bühne, wo er sein sollte? Ist eine befriedigende Erfahrung?

Joie: Yes, definitely. And it’s a spectacle, you know? I was there with 14 other MJ fan community representatives and, after it was over we had half a dozen or more people – Cirque people, Estate people, even John Branca and Greg Phillinganes – all coming up to us as we’re still sitting there in the stands and they were all clamoring, very eager to know what our thoughts were. And we all had the same reaction. We had to just sit there for several seconds and try to absorb it all before we could even respond, and I imagine that will be the reaction of most everyone who sees it, fans and non-fans alike. They will leave the arenas with a sense of awe and wonder. You know, the Cirque du Soleil is sort of known for specializing in awe and wonder, and they have worked the same magic with this show.
    Joie: Ja, definitiv. Und es ist ein Spektakel, weißt du? Ich war dort mit 14 anderen MJ Fan-Gemeinde -Vertretern und, nachdem es vorbei war haben uns ein halbes Dutzend oder mehr Menschen Cirque Menschen, Estate Menschen, auch John Branca und Greg Phillinganes - alle kommen auf uns zu wir saßen immer noch da in den Rängen und sie waren alle aufgeregt und sehr gespannt, was unsere Gedanken waren. Und wir hatten alle die gleiche Reaktion. Wir mussten einfach dasitzen für einige Sekunden und versuchen alles aufzunehmen, bevor wir überhaupt antworten konnten, und ich denke, dass wird die Reaktion der meisten sein ,jeder der es sieht, Fans und Nicht-Fans gleichermaßen. Sie werden die Arenen mit einem Gefühl der Ehrfurcht und Bewunderung verlassen. Sie wissender Cirque du Soleil Spezialist für Ehrfurcht und Erstaunen, und sie haben die gleiche Magie mit dieser Show erarbeitet.

Willa: So give us some details! What all did you see?
    Willa: So gib uns einige Details! Was habt Ihr alles gesehen?

Joie: Oh boy, where to begin? Well, I don’t want to give away any spoilers. And I want to make it really clear that some of the numbers I watched may not even make it into the final production when the show opens in October because it is still a work in progress. But, of the rehearsal I saw, right from the opening number, which was “Childhood,” you will be amazed. It’s like they’re taking you inside the gates of Neverland and, as you know, Michael had the most beautiful bronze statues of children at play and they dotted the landscape of Neverland. Well, those statues play a really magical role in that number and it is incredible. And then there was this really sweet moment a little later on during “Ben” where Michael’s elephants come out and dance, and it was just such fun to watch. Really cute. And I thought of you, Willa, because I know how much you love that song!
    Joie: Oh Junge, wo soll man anfangen? Nun, ich will nicht zu viele Spoiler geben. Und ich möchte es wirklich klar sagen, dass einige der Nummern, die ich beobachtete es nicht einmal in der Endproduktion schaffen, wenn die Show im Oktober eröffnet wird, weil es immer noch eine Arbeit im Prozess ist. Aber in der Generalprobe sah ich als Eröffnungsnummer, die als "Childhood" begann, ihr werdet begeistert sein. Es ist wie wenn sie Dich innerhalb der Tore von Neverland nehmen, und wie Ihr wisst hatte Michael die schönsten Bronzestatuen der Kinder beim Spielen und sie punktierten die Landschaft von Neverland. Na ja, diese Statuen habem eine wirklich magische Rolle in dieser Nummer und es ist unglaublich. Und dann war da dieser wirklich süße Moment ein wenig später bei "Ben", wo Michael´s Elefanten kommen und tanzen, und es war einfach so viel Spaß zu beobachten. Wirklich nett. Und ich dachte an dich, Willa, weil ich weiß, wie Du das Lied liebst!

Then there was this whole sort of gangster segment where they did “Heartbreak Hotel,” “Smooth Criminal” and “Dangerous.” The segment began with this very scantily clad female cellist playing her heart out on this electric cello and she is fantastic! Then all of a sudden her maddening solo turned into the opening strains of “Heartbreak Hotel” and the band kicked in and the music started rocking. The whole segment ended with these five or six guys dancing around a pole dancer to “Dangerous” – which, by the way, we had to imagine because the female dancer had injured herself in earlier rehearsals. But even without her the number was incredible so, I would love to see it again with all of the elements in place.
    Dann war da noch diese ganze Art Gangster-Segment, wo sie "Heartbreak Hotel", "Smooth Criminal" und "Dangerous" spielten. Das Segment begann mit diesem sehr spärlich bekleideten weiblichen Cellist , die ihr Herz an diesem E-Cello ausspielt, und sie ist fantastisch! Dann ganz plötzlich ihr wahnsinniges Solo mündet in "Heartbreak Hotel" und die Band drehte auf und die Musik wurde rockig. Das gesamte Segment endete mit diesen fünf oder sechs Jungs tanzenend um einen Pfahl zu"Dangerous" - wo wir uns nebenbei gesagt eine weilb. Tänzerin vorzustellen hatten, die sich in früheren Proben verletzt hatte. Aber auch ohne sie war die Nummer unglaublich und ich würde es gerne wieder sehen mit allen Elementen an ihrem Platz.

Fortsetzung nächster Post:

• There was also a segment that highlighted some of Michael’s scary songs with “Is It Scary,” “Monster” and “Thriller” and the whole thing was just a whole lot of fun visually with a dancing monster clawing its way out of the pages of a storybook and giant bats with glowing eyes dancing around the stage, and it culminated with a stage full of mummies doing the Thriller dance in a graveyard. Just really imaginative ideas that you know Michael would have really loved!
    Es gab auch ein Segment, dass einige Angst -Songs von Michael beinhaltet "Is it scary", "Monster" und "Thriller" und das Ganze war nur eine ganze Menge Spaß visuell mit einem tanzenden Monster das aus einem Märchenbudh kommt und riesige Fledermäuse mit glühenden Augen tanzen auf der Bühne herum mit einer Bühne voller Mumien der im Thriller Tanz auf einem Friedhof gipfelte. Nur wirklich fantasievolle Ideen, die Michael wirklich geliebt hätte!

In another segment – actually my favorite part of the whole show – the band was doing “Another Part of Me” and the dancer was up there doing his thing and the music was really rocking and we’re all sitting there jamming, and suddenly the song changed to “Speechless.” And just when you start to get into the shift in direction, something amazing happens! And the song changes again to “Human Nature” and the arena is transformed into the night sky. I really want to give you more details about this part but, I just can’t because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but, please believe me when I tell you that it was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and I was not the only one moved to tears. And later, when talking to the Cirque and Estate people who wanted to know what our favorite part of the show was, we all agreed that it had to be “Human Nature.”
    In einem anderen Segment - eigentlich mein Lieblings-Teil der ganzen Show - die Band spielte"Another part of me" und der Tänzer machte seine Sache und die Musik war wirklich rockig und wir sind alle da sitzen, Jamming, und plötzlich ändert sich der Song in "Speechless". Und dann passiert etwas Erstaunliches! Und das Lied wechselt wieder zu "Human nature" und die Arena ist in den nächtlichen Himmel verwandelt. Ich möchte wirklich mehr Details geben über diesen Teil, aber ich kann einfach nicht, weil ich nicht will, dass ich für jemanden die Vorfreude verderbe, aber bitte glaubt mir, wenn ich sage, dass es absolut atemberaubend schön war und ich war nicht der einzige der zu Tränen gerührt war. Und später, also im Gespräch mit dem Cirque und den Estate Menschen, die wissen wollten was unsere Lieblings-Teil der Show war waren wir uns alle einig, dass es "Human nature" war.
    You know, one of the things I love so much about Cirque du Soleil are the aerialists; they are really beautiful to watch. In the rehearsal I saw, they were showcased in “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” which Kevin Antunes mixed beautifully using both the English and the Spanish versions of the song. And the aerialists performed a very romantic, very sensual ballet high above our heads. It was just so pretty.
    Wisst Ihr, eine der Sachen, die ich so sehr liebe von Cirque du Soleil sind die Trapezkünstler, sie sind wirklich schön anzusehen. In der Probe sahen, wir sie in "I just can`t stop loving you, die Kevin Antunes gemischt hat mit der englischen und der spanischen Version des Liedes. Und die Trapezkünstler führten eine sehr romantisches, sehr sinnlich Ballett über unseren Köpfen aus. Es war einfach so schön.

Willa: That does sound beautiful. So where are they in the production process? Did you see a fairly polished show with full costumes and music and everything, or is it more of a work in progress – kind of like what we saw in This Is It? It sounds like they are still making some decisions.
    Willa: Das klingt schön. Also, wo sind sie in der Produktion? Hast du eine ziemlich polierte Show mit vollen Kostüme und Musik und alles gesehen oder ist es eher ein work in progress - ein bisschen wie das, was wir sahen in This Is It? Es klingt als wenn sie noch wichtige Entscheidungen machen.

Joie: Well, it is still a work in progress, they definitely stressed that to us going in but, what we saw was about a 75-80% complete show with costumes and music from the beginning straight through, just like a dress rehearsal. And there were a few technical mishaps and glitches, as you would expect with a work in progress. They were still perfecting the ending segment so we didn’t get to see the last 30 minutes or so of the show and we were told that would include the songs “Billie Jean,” “Man in the Mirror,” “Dirty Diana” and “Can You Feel It.” But, as a whole, it was a very polished show.
    Joie: Nun, es ist immer noch ein work in progress, dass haben sie in jedem Fall betont, was wir sahen, war eine 75-80% komplette Show mit Kostümen und Musik von Anfang an gerade durch, wie eine Generalprobe. Und es gab ein paar technische Pannen und Störungen, wie man Sie mit einem work in progress erwarten würden. Sie waren noch am perfektionieren das Endungs-Segment, so dass wir nicht die letzten 30 Minuten oder so von der Show zu sehen bekamen und uns wurde gesagt, dass die Songs "Billie Jean", "Man in the mirror", "Dirty Diana" und "Can You Feel It" drin sind. Aber als Ganzes, es ist ein sehr polierte Show.

Willa: You know, I’m not quite sure how to ask this, but what makes Michael Jackson so special to me and sets him apart from everyone else is his ideas and how he expresses those ideas, and his commitment to that message. He had a beautiful voice, and it sounds like the Cirque du Soliel show has captured that through the master recordings, and he was an incredible dancer, and it sounds like the show evokes that through the acrobats and aerialists and dance numbers. But what about his ideas? Do you know what I mean? Did it feel like Michael Jackson?

Willa: Weißt Du, ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher, wie ich dies fragen soll, aber was Michael Jackson so etwas Besonderes für mich macht und unterscheidet von allen anderen ist seine Ideen und wie er diese Ideen und sein Engagement für diese Botschaften äußert. Er hatte eine schöne Stimme, und es klingt der Cirque du Soleil Show hat diese eingefangen durch Master-Recordings, und er war ein unglaublicher Tänzerin und es klingt wie die Show erinnert dies durch die Akrobaten und Artisten und Tanznummern. Aber was ist mit seinen Ideen? Weißt du, was ich meine? Fühlt es sich wie Michael Jackson an?

Joie: Oh, that is a very good question; I’m so glad you asked that! Willa, they have really worked very, very hard to capture Michael’s spirit and his heart and it shows. I posted a news item about my experience on the MJFC website where I called this show the ultimate tribute to Michael and I truly feel that way and I’ll tell you Why. You have to remember that this show is being guided by people who knew Michael. People who worked with him and loved him. During my two days in Montreal I saw Greg Phillinganes, Jonathan Moffett, Zaldy, and three Estate execs get very emotional when talking to me about their time with Michael and how important this show is to them. They are all so passionate about doing something that he would love and getting it right. For him. And from the opening segment all the way through to the ending, you can feel Michael’s presence; you can feel his spirit. And his message of L.O.V.E. is front and center. In fact, in another segment of the show, I think it was “Will You Be There,” suddenly these big red, glowing hearts appear from all over the arena and made their way onto the stage. It was really moving and it just reminded you that Michael’s message was love. It’s all he ever talked about and it was what he preached. And they haven’t forgotten that and it’s clear that they don’t want others to forget it either.

Fortsetzung nächster Post:

• B]Joie: Oh, das ist eine sehr gute Frage, ich bin so froh, dass du danach fragst. Willa, sie haben wirklich hart daran gearbeitet Michael`s Geist und sein Herz zu erfassen und es zeigt sich. Ich habe eine Nachricht über meine Erfahrungen auf der MJFC Webseite eingestellt , wo ich es die ultimative Hommage an Michael nannte und ich habe wirklich das Gefühl und ich fühle wirklich in dieser Art und Weise. Man muss bedenken, dass diese Show von Menschen, geführt wird, die Michael kannten, Menschen, die mit ihm gearbeitet haben und ihn liebten. Während meiner zwei Tage in Montreal habe ich Greg Phillinganes, Jonathan Moffett, Zaldy und die drei Estate-Leute sehr emotional erlebt wenn sie im Gespräch über ihre Zeit mit Michael waren und wie wichtig diese Show für sie ist.. Sie sind alle so begeistert, etwas zu tun, dass er lieben würde und alles richtig zu machen. Für ihn. Und vom denm Öffnungssegment den ganzen Weg bis zum Ende, spürt man Michael`s Präsenz, man kann seinen Geist spüren. Und seine Botschaft von L.O.V.E. ist Dreh-und Angelpunkt. In der Tat, in einem anderen Segment der Show, ich glaube es war "Will You Be There" kommen plötzlich diese großen, roten, glühenden Herzen aus der ganzen Arena und machten ihren Weg auf die Bühne. Es war wirklich bewegend und es hat daran erinnert, dass Michael`s Botschaft Liebe war. Es ist alles, was er jemals darüber gesprochen hat und es war, was er predigte. Und sie haben es nicht vergessen und es ist klar das sie nicht möchten, dass es andere vergessen.[/B]

Willa: I’m so glad to hear that – that the people working on this show care so deeply, and are passionate about both his music and his ideas. You also wrote in the MJFC news article that they asked for feedback and actually incorporated some suggestions. Here’s what you wrote: “They listened to what we had to say and they took our feelings and suggestions into consideration. And it wasn’t just lip service. Changes were made to the show immediately based on our feedback.” Can you tell us more about that?
    Willa: Ich bin so froh, das zu hören -, dass die arbeitenden Menschen in dieser Show sich sorgen so tief und leidenschaftlich über beides, seine Musik und seine Ideen. Du schriebst auch in dem MJFC News-Artikel, dass sie Rückfragen gestellt haben und tatsächlich eingearbeitet haben einige Vorschläge. Hier ist was Sie schrieb: "Sie hörten, was wir zu sagen hatten, und sie nahmen unsere Gefühle und Vorschläge auf. Und es war nicht nur ein Lippenbekenntnis. Es wurden Änderungen an der Show sofort gemacht auf unserer Feedback-Basis. "Kannst du uns mehr darüber sagen?

Joie: Well, it was really sort of surprising actually. At the end of the show when they were all clamoring around us wanting to know what we thought, I had been talking to Navi, the representative from MJFC UK about a certain number and how he believed it could have been done better. So when they asked, he told them what he thought and suggested ways to make the number stronger. And they listened to him and began making the changes immediately. Then the next day we went on a tour of the Cirque du Soleil campus and met with the creative director of the show, among others. And again, in that meeting they wanted to know what we thought – what our favorite parts were and also what parts didn’t we like. What, if anything, did we have issues with. And so, we told them. We (the fan community representatives) were honest with them about our feelings and we all sort of agreed on one certain point in the show that we felt was a little questionable and could maybe be done a little differently. And again, they listened to our concerns and they took notes on what we had to say and began thinking of ways to change things a bit.

Joie: Nun, es war wirklich eine Art Überraschung eigentlich. Am Ende der Show, wenn sie alle um uns herum wissen wollten, was wir dachten, redete ich mit Navi, der Vertreter von MJFC Großbritannien über eine bestimmte Nummer und wie er glaubte, es hätte besser machen zu können. Also, wenn sie fragten, erzählte er ihnen, was er dachte und hat Wege vorgeschlagen, um die Nummer stärker zu machen. Und sie hörte ihm zu und begannen mit der Herstellung die Änderungen sofort. Dann am nächsten Tag fuhren wir auf einer Tour des Cirque du Soleil Campus und trafen uns mit dem Creative Director der Show, unter anderem. Und wieder, in dieser Sitzung, sie wollten wissen, was wir dachten - was unsere Lieblings-Teile waren und auch, welche Teile wir nicht mögen. Was, wenn überhaupt, hatten wir Probleme mit etwas. Und so sagten wir es ihnen. Wir (die Fangemeinde Vertreter) waren ehrlich über unsere Gefühle und wir alle fanden einen bestimmten Punkt in der Show ein wenig fragwürdig und es könnte dort ein wenig anders gemacht werden. Und wieder hörte sie auf unsere Bedenken und sie machte sich Notizen über das, was wir zu sagen hatten, und begannen nachzudenken, wie sie die Dinge ein bisschen anders machen können.

But, I just think it’s so telling that the people putting this show together are so willing to talk to the fans and I really believe that they are trying very hard to get it right. Not just for Michael but for the fans as well. I think they are really trying to please Michael’s fans with this one. I think it’s important to them. And I was told by one of the Estate people during the meeting that this was a first. The Cirque didn’t do this for the Elvis show or the Beatles show. They didn’t invite their fans to a rehearsal to get their input before the shows opened. And I think that says something about how important Michael’s legacy really is. About how important he was and still is, both as an artist and as a cultural figure.
    Aber, ich denke, es ist so bezeichnend, dass die Menschen die diese Show zusammensetzen sich mit den Fans unterhalten wollen und ich glaube wirklich, dass sie sehr bemüht sind alles richtig zu machen. Nicht nur für Michael, auch für die Fans . Ich denke, sie versuchen wirklich alles damit Michael`s Fans zufrienden sind. Ich denke, es ist ihnen wichtig. Und es wurde von einem der Estate-Leute während der Sitzung gesagt, dass ist das erste Mal. Der Cirque tat dies nicht für die Elvis Show und nicht für die Beatles-show.. Sie haben dort nicht die Fans zu einer Probe geladen, um ihren Beitrag zu erhalten, bevor die Shows eröffnet wurden. Und ich denke, das sagt etwas darüber, wie wichtig Michael`s Erbe für sie wirklich ist. Über wie wichtig er war und ist, sowohl als Künstler und als kulturelle Gestalt.

Willa: Well, from everything you’ve said, it sounds like there’s a really dedicated group of people working behind the scenes and the show itself sounds incredible. I love your descriptions, Joie. Thanks for sharing those with us.

Willa: Nun, von allem was Du sagst, es klingt wie es ist eine wirklich engagierte Gruppe von Menschen, die hinter den Kulissen arbeitet und die Show selbst klingt unglaublich. Ich liebe deine Beschreibungen, Joie. Vielen Dank für den Austausch.

• Michael`s Kinder werden offensichtlich die Premiere heute sehen. Wie schön.

Prince on twitter:
    "Montreal is kinda cold..."

_______
    Flashmop gestern in Montreal

20111001-220517-g.jpg

Hier kann man sich regestrieren um der Weltpremiere zu folgen.
    http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/cirque-club/default.aspx?targetid={BF4491D4-D392-47B3-8543-EDAE47771EBF}&item=%2fcirque-club%2fnews%2f2011%2f2011-09-30-mjtiwt-premiere&user=extranet\Anonymous&site=website&itemPath=%2fsitecore%2fcontent%2fhome%2fcirque-club%2fnews%2f2011%2f2011-09-30-mjtiwt-premiere

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LenaLena ()

• Die Liveberichterstattung aus Montreal soll um 24.00 Uhr starten, 18.00 Uhr Ortszeit Montreal starten. Habe ich von Bronchus übernommen.
    http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/cirque-club/home.aspx

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10…jackson-cirque-du-soleil/

K. Jackson soll angeblich Frieden mit dem Estate geschlossen haben. Ihr Erscheinen bei der Cirque-Premiere mit den Kindern heute in Montreal soll ein Zeichn dafür sein.

Jackson's kids to watch Cirque du Soleil tribute
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    October 2, 2011 -- Updated 1822 GMT (0222 HKT)

* Jackson's mother will miss at least the next week of the Conrad Murray trial
    * Katherine Jackson's agreement to go to Cirque du Soleil shows peace with estate, source says
    * "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" will go to 47 cities in the next year.
    * Prince, Paris, Blanket never saw their father perform live on stage

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and his three children will be immersed in the pop icon's music, dance and imagery as they attend the premiere of Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" in Montreal, Canada, Sunday.

Katherine Jackson, who sat through four days of disturbing testimony in the trial of the doctor charged in her son's death, agreed with the Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil just this past week to attend the opening performance this weekend, according to a source close to the Jackson family.

The agreement is a sign Katherine Jackson and the men who now control her son's estate as executors have reached an understanding that should ease the tensions that erupted in probate court soon after Michael Jackson's death in 2009, the source said.

Jackson's mother waged a legal challenge against lawyer John Branca and music executive John McClain, who were named as executors in her son's will, but dropped it several months later. Relations between the Jackson family and the estate have been tense from that beginning.
    How Jackson family is coping

The trip, which includes Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson, will not end until October 9 when they return to Los Angeles following the Michael Forever Tribute show in Cardiff, Wales, next Saturday, the source said.

With several of Michael Jackson's brothers and sisters also traveling to the Wales concert, most of the Jackson family's eight seats in Dr. Conrad Murray's trial will likely go empty until next week.

Jackson's children never saw their father perform live on stage, but the Cirque du Soleil show promises for two hours to "capture the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations."

The road tour will reach at least 47 cities in the United States and Canada over the next year.

The circus company, legendary for its creative and acrobatic performances, first talked to Jackson seven years ago about the possibility of a Jackson-themed show, Cirque's president said when the agreement with his estate was announced in April 2010. The estate and Cirque du Soleil are equal partners.

The MGM Mirage has signed on to host the Las Vegas, Nevada, residency starting in 2012. The hotel also will open a nightclub based on the Jackson show, the hotel said.