Interview mit Jermaine am 12.7.2005

• http://www.lipstickalley.com/f…read-204219/index219.html

Ich kannte dieses Interview nicht, und wusste auch nicht, dass man Michael nach dem Leben trachtete, er trug die ganze Zeit eine kugelsichere Weste.

Wenn es hier OT ist, bitte verschieben. :flowers:

Jul 12 2005, 01:30 AM
    Transcript of the interview with Jermaine on BET.

BET: Jermaine, anything you'd like to say to black America?

Jermaine: Yeah, I'd like to say that thank you for being there. Thank you for the love, the prayers. We felt it. I'm just so happy and thank God (tears start flowing down Jermaine's cheeks) I thank you Jesus. He's innocent. I love you Michael! The people just (starts to weep).....

BET: Take your time

Jermaine: (Wiping tears from cheeks and eyes) I felt the support of just the people, the African American (wipes tears again), the people aroundthe world. It's almost like everyone would say, we're praying for you. We're not going to let this happen. We're going to show our love and support.
    And my mother, my father, my brothers and sisters. This is a lesson to be learned to from all of us, it's a lesson.

BET: What lessons have you learned?

Jermaine: The lesson to be learned is that no matter how high you get, there's nothing greater than God. There's nothing greater than family.

Walking Michael Jackson to a court room to hear a verdict is like walking him to the electric chair.

BET: At the Jackson family estate in Encino California, I met up with Jermaine, who many considered the most outspoken Jackson. He proudly displayed the newspaper from that fateful day. The day his brother was exonerated on all counts. (Jermaine holds up the newspaper with NOT GUILTY on the front page). Tell me about seeing that paper that day and what your going to do with that paper?

Jermaine: (Still holding paper up) I'm going to hold onto it. Just like I save certain things that I've had. This is a historic moment. This is a historic moment for blacks.

BET: How is Michael doing now?

Jermaine: Well, he's been beat up, and drug across the world, and slandered. Other than that, he's recovering. But he's a strong person...very very strong person. I'm still trying to figure out how did they get through a lot of this, really. He was wearing a bullet proof vest all the time. <--
    BET: I didn't know that Jermaine. He was wearing a bullet proof vest? People were threatening to kill him even while he was going through the trial?

Jermaine: They were threatening him each time he walked in and out of his car. It was just so much.....

BET: Who was threatening to kill him?

Jermaine: Just crazies out there.

BET: Did you ever imagine something like this would have happened to your little brother, to Michael?

Jermaine: No, but I always knew in order to bring someone down, you have to hurt them at everything they love. Michaels one of those kids that would pledge allegiance to the flag, like everyone else. I wonder what did that mean? Did he ever think one nation under God, indivisble, with liberty and justice for all....did he ever think that that would work against him one day? Because it did...because this was malicious. This was nothing but a modern day lynching.

BET: Who's behind it?

Jermaine: Name names?

BET: Tell me about the decision, the familys decision to say, we're all coming together, and this is what we're going to do for Michael.

Jermaine: I'll tell you, it happened when they first handcuffed him. Because handcuffing Michael is like handcuffing all of us, and handcuffing the black community as far as I'm concerned. But how we came together was, because you mess with him, your messing with us. When it comes to messing with our legacy and tampering with something that we've worked so hard for. You don't do that. So at the same time we weren't going to have that. We were just wanting to show our support.

BET: Katherine never missed one day of trial, her sons trial.

Jermaine: She was there every day. Even during the pre-trial. And sit there and to hear these things about her child knowing how she raised him, knowing how she raised all of us, and hearing this crap is almost like talking about her.

BET: What did you think when you were hearing some of the stuff?

Jermaine: I'll say again, I don't know how Michael held up, because if it was me, I would have jumped across the desk and slapped someone.

BET: Seriously?

Jermaine: Seriously. Titto almost lost it one day and I told him he should have. He should have let it out. We knew Why this is going on. We knew who's behind it.

BET: Go ahead and name names.

Jermaine: I don't want to mention names because they know who they are and they know we know who they are. They will be dealt with.

BET: Prosecutor's? Music People?

Jermaine: I'll say this, when this....when Michael put out a CD with Sony, they were back the same day these allegations hit. Michael has a catalogue which is unbelievabley, financially strong. Very strong.

BET: Worth like 1 billion?

Jermaine: Just his part of it is worth 1.2 billion or more...more.

BET: Now the Beatles catalogue.....

Jermaine: This is the Beatles catalogue. This is about money. Michaels guilt dosen't come from child molestation. Michael is guilty of having the Beatles catalogue. He worked hard, he achieved it, he has it, that's what it is.

BET: Walk me through how you got the news that the verdict was in.

Jermaine: We were just on the ranch. Titto and I were by the theme park talking and we kind of felt there was going to be a verdict that day. And the helicopters were hovering around. And, but, so I go up to the main quaters, my father and Randy comes in. and tells us, explains that the judge called and said there's a verdict, he's going to call Tom Messerau and let him know, and if Tom Messerau didn't call him back in 10 mintues, they were going to arrest Michael.

BET: Why would they have arrested Michael on the spot without announcing the verdict?

Jermaine: Because they wanted to know if he's going to be there within the hour. They gave us an hour to be there. All of a sudden the phone rings and Tito said they have a verdict.

BET: Set the scene for us.

Jermaine: I was sitting in the SUV with Janet and my siter Latoya and Tito and Michael was in another SUV with my mother and father, I think. I was always saying Michael's coming back home all the way. (tears fall down his cheeks again).

BET: It's ok....

BET: Were you concerned that he might not be coming home?

Jermaine: We don't.....

BET: Take your time.

Jermaine: You really don't know what the system is like. There are many innocent African American's in jail for something they didn't do. We know this. Basically black male and to have a shot at Michael Jackson put in a position to have 12 people giving judgement on his fate, his life, you don't know.

BET: Did he say anything in the car on the way?

Jermaine: I heard from my sister that he was just.....He read a few scriptures and he...he was stomping his leg into the car, and he was just stomping his leg saying...WHY? So when we got to the court house, we went upstairs and we didn't go through the metal detector but went around, and went upstairs and we all hit the bathroom, and Michael was in there, he gave us a hug.

BET: What was that moment like for you guys? Because at that point you didn't know.

Jermaine: He didn't know. It was almost like it was a last hug. But he walked in there and he....

The audio of the verdict is playing in background

Jermaine wipes tears from his cheeks and eyes.

BET: What was your response?

Jermaine: We jumped and we cheered and I said I knew. I felt it that he was going to be vendicated on all counts. I wanted to get out of there fast.

BET: As Michael was walking out of the courthouse that day. It was ....he was quite subdued. I think a lot of people wanted to see him celebrate.

Tell us Why he was so reserved.

Jermaine: Do you know itto said if I were him, I would have got back on top the car and danced and cheered. It was time to rejoice. But he was so torn apart and so hurt so beat up from just....I mean his court, going to court every day and being up at 4 AM in the morning. And being dressed getting ready to hear all these obscene things said about him and just lies. And so I guess his whole mindset was just getting out of there, and it was just a day to remember and go through all these counts, and to find him innocent on all counts.

BET: All ten

Jermaine: All ten, It let's you know that God is real. After the verdict, we all got back to the ranch and Michael went upstairs. He had a turkey sandwhich I think, and he put on the Three Stooges and he just laughed.

BET: He watched the Three Stooges moments after being exonerated on 10 counts?

Jermaine: Yeah, and the family came up and we talked I don't know how we could have done it. He stood.

Bed: Did the family have a plan in case the verdict went the other way?

Jermaine: No because we didn't plan for that. We always planned to rejoice and planned to know that Michael would be vendicated. That was just it. Michael is a child in a man's body.

BET: Even today?

Jermaine: Even today.

BET: I think he grew up a little....

Jermaine: No, he grew up but he's still a kid.

BET: Tom Messerau has said no more sleep overs. What advice are you giving your little brother right now? What advice are you giving Michael?

Jermaine: Well, the advice that he's gotten from all of us is, just.....you just can't get too close to anyone. You can't get too close. Because everybody that passes in your back is not your friend.

BET: He listens to you? What makes you......

Jermaine: Yeah, he's tired. This really hurt him, this really hurt him. I feel, I felt his pain. I got nervous at times because you could feel his pain.

When he was crying, we were crying. This was something unreal.

BET: What is it that you'd like, want black America to know about your brother?

Jermaine: He knows that his success comes from the support that he got from the black community. We are who we are because of the black support from day one, and that's what you don't mess with.

BET: Will he still be the same Michael Jackson we all know and love?

Jermaine: I think he will because it's in his blood. They didn't break him spritually. They didn't break us finacially, and our drive for doing what wedo and that's entertain. We were born to entertain.

End of transcript

• Ich mag Jermaine ja wirklich nicht, aber das Interview ist ganz in Ordnung.
    Besonders bewegend fand ich eine Stelle. Da erzählte Jermaine, dass sie nach dem Urteil alle zurück auf die Ranch gefahren sind und Michael hat sich dann wohl ein Truthahnsandwich geholt und ging nach oben und hat dann "The three Stooges" angemacht und einfach gelacht.
    Als ich das gelesen habe, hab ich fast geheult.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."