Cirque du Soleil führt Michael-Jackson-Show auf

• na knappe 117 doller super wenn die Preise umgerechent so bleiben dann sind die Tickets insgesammt vom Preis her wie bei Thriller Live und von daher super, mal abwarten

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
    Michael Jackson
    Rassismus führt zum Verlust deines Mitgefühls.
    fs_anon_999471_1463138222.jpg

• Familie Brangelina besuchte am Wochende MJ-Immortal. Am 48. Geburtstag von Brad Pitt.

1218-brad-angelina-splash-1.jpg

Beoncye war mit Ehemann in der Vorwoche da.379969_315251891833013_163439450347592_1091931_365962542_n.jpg

• Joe Vogel hat in einem offenen Brief auf die doch etwas eigenartige Bewertung der LA-Times zur MJ-Cirque-show geantwortet.

http://www.joevogel.net/open-r…-michael-jackson-immortal

Open Response to the Los Angeles Times’ Review of Cirque’s Michael Jackson Immortal

by Joe Vogel on December 18, 2011 · 9 comments

The Los Angeles Times’ review of Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson Immortal certainly made clear pop music critic Randall Roberts’ own preconceptions, though at the expense of accuracy and fairness.http://articles.latimes.com/20…et-immortal-tour-20111205

Roberts’ disdainful assessment follows a standard pre-2009 template for reviews of Michael Jackson’s work. It includes the requisite moralizing about Jackson’s personal life (what Jackson buying “gaudy vases” in Martin Bashir’s infamous 2003 documentary has to do with the show is anyone’s guess); the unhelpful comparisons (wouldn’t one expect an MJ show to be a bit different than the Beatles?); the uninformed dismissal of his later, more socially conscious work; and a generally condescending tone. Unfortunately, this formula, which the Times chose to follow, is the easy way out and doesn’t do justice to the artist or the show.

Indeed, Roberts can’t seem to find a single element of the production worthy of praise. What about the miraculous voice on display, pulled from Jackson’s original, multi-track master recordings? Jackson possessed one of the most unique and versatile voices of the 20th century. Immortal allows the audience to hear it—from the plaintive purity of “I’ll Be There” to the rhythmic virtuosity of “Workin’ Day and Night” to the powerful call and response of “Earth Song”—with a palpable energy and immediacy. Having attended the show in Detroit and Las Vegas, I can say that the aural experience alone is worth the price of admission.

Supplementing Jackson’s vocals is a world-class live band, led by Jackson’s long-time collaborator and music director, Greg Phillinganes. Roberts suggests the band’s role is “vague” because of their placement on a riser behind the projection screens. Where should they have been placed? Center stage? The idea is to hear the band as we watch the visual spectacle that is Cirque.

Roberts makes frequent comparisons to Cirque’s acclaimed Beatles production, Love, which makes some sense given Jackson and the Beatles’ respective places in the pop pantheon. What makes less sense is the expectation that Immortal simply be a cloned version of Love. After all, there are fundamental differences between the artists themselves. Firstly, Michael Jackson was a dancer. Dancing was central to his artistic identity and his performances. It makes sense, then, to highlight that (meaning more use of “horizontal space”) since many of Jackson’s songs are so inextricably linked to his iconic choreography and storytelling. It also makes sense to utilize the jumbo screens (which aren’t part of Love), as Jackson was the defining visual artist of an era and pioneered the medium of short films.

Likewise, there are important distinctions in the makeup of the shows. Love is not a traveling “tour” like Immortal, which premiered in Montreal, and is making a brief stop in Las Vegas, before hitting the road again in North America and beyond. An entirely new show will settle into its permanent residence at Mandalay Bay in 2013 (taking the place of The Lion King), at which time it will have the additional benefits of being in one arena. Given its current portable nature, however, it is remarkable what director of creation, Chantel Tremblay (who also worked on Love), and set designer, Mark Fisher, are able to accomplish. It is also impressive how the production has been streamlined, tweaked and tightened since its premier in Montreal, reducing much of the slapstick and filler and keeping the focus where it should be: on Michael Jackson.

Such context is missing throughout the Times’ review. At one point, Roberts asks: “How can you justify giving more time and creative energy to ‘Man in the Mirror’ and ‘Earth Song’ in a Michael Jackson show than to ‘Beat It’ or ‘Thriller’? The answer is pretty simple. Songs like “Earth Song” and “Man in the Mirror” were important to Jackson. They are crucial to his essence. Both songs were expected to be central to his planned This is it concert series in London. Indeed, “Earth Song” was the last song Jackson rehearsed before his tragic death.

The fact that director/writer Jamie King recognized the significance of such tracks and was willing to pick other less-known songs based on substance rather than popularity enhances rather than diminishes Jackson as an artist and the experienceImmortal provides. In any case, it is not as if classics like “Thriller” and “Beat It” don’t get time. The “Thriller” mash-up with “Is It Scary” and “Threatened” is one of the highlights of the show.

Perhaps the most blatant inaccuracy in Roberts’ piece was the crowd response, which he described as blasé and “uninterested.” To the contrary, the sold-out crowd was enthusiastic throughout and gave the show a standing ovation. It was praised effusively by those close to Jackson, including the singer’s children and siblings (the latter of whom haven’t always been keen about projects generated by the Estate). It also managed to impress Motown founder, Berry Gordy, who saw the show for the first time in Las Vegas, and in a response passed on to me, said:

“The show exceeded my expectations, capturing Michael’s music, spirit, artistry and even his yearnings–what he would have wanted to do in the future. He loved Cirque du Soleil, the magic, the beautiful costumes and the story telling. He would have loved this show.”

High praise indeed coming from someone who knows a thing or two about entertainment—and Michael Jackson.

• hier
    Joe Vogel - Man In The Music - The creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson
    könnt ihr die übersetzung zu lenas post finden, hab jetzt erst gesehen, dass lena es schon eingestellt hatte, hätte ich mir ja denken können, lena is einfach die beste "neuigkeitenfindern" :kiss: :daumen: ich bin da immer bissel lahm :kicher:

achildbliss.2prkmh.jpg
    Mit jedem Kind, das dir begegnet, ertappst du Gott auf frischer Tat.
    Martin Luther
    If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi

• https://twitter.com/tajjackson3
    tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    “@AnneM_B: I'm going to Immortal Jan 27 at Staples. Sooo excited, gr8 seats! Bought my tix Nov 2010 )” That's when I hope to go :-)
    46 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    I remember the day my uncle Michael told me that he wanted to have a Cirque show. Now it's here. Can't wait to see it.
    58 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    “@alyssaaaa_xo: @tajjackson3 do you like the Immortal album? What's your favorite mix?” Smooth Criminal.. Always loved that song!!!
    1 hour ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    @MusicMechanik. I'm sure it is. I've only heard great things about it. I loved the album. However it made me miss my uncle even more.
    1 hour ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
    “@MusicMechanik: Why no fam fanfare about Immortal shows?” Haven't seen it yet. It comes to LA end of month. Bought the album though. :-)
    1 hour ago

Ist ja positiv, dass nun auch Taj Jackson das Immortal-Fieber ergriffen hat und er das Album ganz klasse findet.
    Aber fast ein bischen lustig, dass er sich zum Besuch der show das Staples-Center aussucht deren Besitzer die Oma doch verklagt.

• Türschilder im Mandaly Bay Hotel anstatt den "Bitte nicht stören-Schilder". Zudem werden MJ Videos- und Musik in den Aufzügen gespielt.
    Im 64. Penthouse-Stockwerk spielten sie Butterflies. An den Wänden sind MJ-Bilder, auf den Hotel-Zimmern liegt ein MJ-Magazin.

Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    The hotel I was staying at ' The Mandalay Bay ' had gone MJ crazy, they had MJ videos and music on in the elevators, on the room cards, and instead of the 'Do not disturb' thingies you normally get in hotels to hang outside your door it said 'Leave me alone' with an MJ silhouette. That isn't all, there were huge walls taken up by MJ images, I went upto the penthouse lounge on the 64th floor and they were playing butterflies, there was an MJ magazine in every room as well as an MJ pop up thing. I booked this hotel before I even knew about immortal, it was a nice surprise. I can post the photos of the MJ stuff at the hotel if you guys like

7e3a56bd.jpg

• Behind the scenes of "The Immortal World Tour"
    01/13/2012 by Matt Heinze

You know that when Cirque Du Soleil pairs up with Michael Jackson, the result better be nothing short of spectacular. Our Matt Heinze recently went to Las Vegas to give us a behind-the-scenes look at "The Immortal World Tour."
    Video kann man sehen wenn man auf den Link geht

http://7liveonline.com/video?id=8504774

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
    Michael Jackson

• Cirque du Soleil: TIWT Vorverkauf in Vorbereitung
    13.01.12 - 07:14

Wie uns Cirque du Soleil bestätigt haben, ist der Vorverkauf für die Deutschland Termine 2012 in Vorbereitung. Wahre Michael Jackson Fans werden die Chance haben, bei einem extra Vorverkauf Tickets kaufen zu können.

Mehr Informationen folgen bald!

Quelle: Cirque du Soleil & MJFC JAM

"If only life could be a little more tender and art a little more robust."
    “Talent is an accident of genes - and a responsibility.”
    (Alan Rickman)

"It was not Michael Jackson's time to go. Michael Jackson is not here today because of the negligence and reckless acts of Dr. Murray." (David Walgren)

• Wahre Michael Jackson Fans werden die Chance haben, bei einem extra Vorverkauf Tickets kaufen zu können.

Was meinen sie denn damit. Wo muss ich mich denn registrieren um "wahrer MJ Fan" zu sein und Vorverkaufsrecht zu haben? :was:
    :??:

• Bor ist das schööön je mehr ich davon sehe, je mehr bin ich beeindruckt, die Musik läuft ja so als würde man meinen Michael stünde da und songt. Planet Earth was man sehen konnte fand ich super schööön mit dem Schmetterling, ja Michael its your Butterflies. Ich will da rein jetzt sofort

Michael Jackson

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Amidara ()

• Ich muss da rein und wenn ich einen Kredit aufnehmen muss. Das ist einfach wunderschön und so berührend.
    Meine persönlichen Favoriten im Video waren "I just can't stop loving you" und dann "Billie Jean". Die Anzüge mit den Leuchtstäben drin, das war sein Traum. Sowas hätte er in der O2 Arena auch getragen. Also sowas in der Art. Und ich wünschte so sehr er könnte sehen wie man seinen Traum, seine Musik und sein Lebenswerk weiter erstrahlen und leben lässt. Ich wünschte, er könnte auf diese Bühne gehen und mit diesen Künstlern und Akrobaten tanzen und feiern. Und ich hoffe, er kann die Liebe spüren die ihm entgegen schlägt.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

• Ich muss da rein und wenn ich einen Kredit aufnehmen muss. Das ist einfach wunderschön und so berührend.
    Meine persönlichen Favoriten im Video waren "I just can't stop loving you" und dann "Billie Jean". Die Anzüge mit den Leuchtstäben drin, das war sein Traum. Sowas hätte er in der O2 Arena auch getragen. Also sowas in der Art. Und ich wünschte so sehr er könnte sehen wie man seinen Traum, seine Musik und sein Lebenswerk weiter erstrahlen und leben lässt. Ich wünschte, er könnte auf diese Bühne gehen und mit diesen Künstlern und Akrobaten tanzen und feiern. Und ich hoffe, er kann die Liebe spüren die ihm entgegen schlägt.

Ich kann Dir bei jedem Wort nur zustimmen! Schon allein das Video lässt einen Tränen in die Augen und Gänsehaut bekommen. "Billie Jean" -klasse!
    Hoffentlich lassen die uns nicht mehr allzu lange zappeln mit den Tickets.
    Und... ich bin sicher, dass er es spürt. :)

• Ich finds klasse, dass Les Twins bei der Show dabei sind - ihr Tanz ist der HAMMER :klatschen:
    Hier zwei Videos von der Immortal-After Show Party:
    _2geVRTFNUA
    hju0qaWoDVI&feature=related

Aber dieser Auftritt zu einem "Whatever happens"-Mix ist schwer beeindruckend :wow:
    _XLGYxeL1iQ&list=PLFEE03C92123DD55A&index=3&feature=plpp_video

:herz: Michael Jackson - forever the King of Pop. A genre of music. Mainly, a beautiful human being. :herz:
    es ist, was es ist... sagt die liebe

• Maaaaaaaaannnn, ich will da endlich hin!!!!! Die Vids machen einen ja ganz hibbelig..... :ungeduldig::ungeduldig::ungeduldig: Und ich muss mich noch bis November gedulden..... :Tita::iwds:

• The Immortal World Tour“: Wird Justin Bieber für Michael Jackson singen?

Fans auf der ganzen Welt gedenken in diesen Tagen dem im Sommer 2009 verstorbenen "King of Pop". Auch Justin Bieber hat Michael Jackson via Twitter gewürdigt. Doch wird er während der derzeit laufenden "Immortal World Tour" auch auf der Bühne zu sehen sein?
    An diesem Dienstagabend ist es wieder soweit: “The Immortal World Tour” öffnet im Honda Center im kalifornischen Anaheim ihre Pforten. Seit vergangenen Oktober und noch bis kommenden August ist die Show des “Cirque du Soleil” in ganz Nordamerika unterwegs. Weltweit fiebern die Fans diesen Veranstaltungen entgegen. Und auch Justin Bieber konnte seine Euphorie am vergangenen Montag nicht mehr in Schach halten. “Honoring the greatest @michaeljackson this week. He set the bar for all of us. #MJFOREVER,”, ließ er seine Fans über Twitter wissen.
    “The Immortal World Tour“ macht auch in Los Angeles Halt

Bereits am kommenden Freitag macht die Gedenk-Tour übrigens auch im Staples Center in Los Angeles Halt (dort schaute Justin ganz romantisch und völlig allen mit Selena den Film “Titanic” – mehr hier) und nicht wenige Fans fragen sich, ob Justin Bieber vielleicht auch live dem einstigen “King of Pop” Tribut zollen wird.

Stars wie Amber Riley und Harry Shum Jr. aus “Glee” tun dies bereits. Sie machen Micheal Jackson in dieser Woche im Graumans Chinese Theater während der “Hand and Foot”-Zeremonie ihre Aufwartung, wo seine Kinder die Fußabdrücke des Megastars in Zement verewigen werden. Ob sich wohl auch Justin Bieber hier blicken lässt?

Deutsch Türkische Nachrichten | 24.01.12, 17:25
    http://www.deutsch-tuerkische-…r-michael-jackson-singen/

oywnqzzz.jpg

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, das wünsche ich mir auch. :herz::herz::herz: Mein Gott :kerze::tra::rotz:

You were the rhythm,
    You were the sound of a crescendo,
    You showed us Heaven and Light,
    you faced the fear.

• Zitat

Wird Justin Bieber für Michael Jackson singen?

ich gestehe: der erste gedanke war "och nööö, das muss ja nun echt nicht sein" :klapper: , denn meiner einer kann mit dem nagetier nicht wirklich was anfangen :bored: . ABER ich bin bei gott so gar kein maßstab smiley3291.gif. objektiv muss man zugeben, dass er sich schon recht lange hält und eine sehr große fan-base hat. sollte er sich in irgend einer form beim cds einklinken, dann bringt er sehr jungen menschen michael nahe und der gedanke gefällt mir sehr! ich denke schon, dass dann viele michael entdecken, die bislang keinen draht zu ihm hatten! :victory:

kerzen.jpg

2021 hast Du uns für immer verlassen - trotzdem wirst Du Teil dieser Gemeinschaft bleiben. R.I.P. liebe Titania

• ABER ich bin bei gott so gar kein maßstab .

na ich dann auch nicht, weil ich hab das gleiche gedacht wie du. Ich kann mit diesem Früchtchen :ablach: auch so garnix anfangen :aamh: aber dein zweiter Gedanke :angel: ... wenns hilft, dann wollen wir mal gnädig sein :ablach:

:herz: :herz: :herz: OOI HOPE YOU WILL STILL DANCINGOO:herz: :herz: :herz:

• Also die Daten stehen nun im Cirque du Soleile drinn, ist jetzt also nur eine Frage der Zeit bis man die Tickets kaufen kann.

Frankfurt de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Oberhausen de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Munich de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Hanover de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Vienna at Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Mannheim de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Leipzig de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Hamburg de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Cologne de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Berlin de Coming soon
    Be Notified
    Madrid es Coming soon
    Be Notified

GET TICKETS TO YOUR CITY BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!

Free access to pre-sales
    Email alerts when tickets are available
    Special offers & exclusive content

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/michael-jackson-tour/tickets.aspx?utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=012712^imi^_firsteurodates&utm_content=facebook-post&utm_term=mjtiwt&cid=imj_som_fbo_fbp_cca_imi_012712_firsteurodates_mjtiwt

Michael Jackson