Weiterer Bashir-Vorfall

• Bashir hat sich für seine Bemerkungen in seiner letzten Sendung entschuldigt wo er Sarah Palin als Amerikas größten Dummkopf und Weltklasse-Idioten bezeichent auf die geschissen und uriniert werden solle. Der Rabbi Boteach hat hierzu auch einen Artikel geschrieben und führt dazu auch Bashirs betrügerische Verhalten mit der LWMJ-Doku auf bzgl. dessen er nie belangt wurde auf. Nun ja der Rabbi darf sich zwar selbst genug an die Nase fassen, aber der Artikel ist gut geschrieben.
    Könnte übrigens sein, dass Bashir bzgl. seines letzten Ausfalls den Job verliert, wurde in einigen Artikeln angedeutet. Hier seine Entschuldigung die am Montag ausgestrahlt wurde.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-Xff2dpVg

Source: The New York Observer – By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
    Slander of Sarah Palin Echoes Mistreatment of Michael Jackson

MSNBC host Martin Bashir recently apologized for one of the most offensive remarks ever uttered on an American TV news program, insinuating that Sarah Palin, “America’s resident dunce,” and “world-class idiot,” be defecated and urinated on.

Even those who despise Gov. Palin agreed that Bashir had entered a place so repulsive that his reputation might never return.

Yesterday, he said he was sorry and I am someone who believes in granting forgiveness. I trust that Mrs. Palin will do so and move on.

Unfortunately, Mr. Bashir is developing a pattern of unethical behavior that is deeply troubling. And there is lasting damage for previous incidents for which he has yet to apologize, most notably with regards to Michael Jackson.

Among those of us who knew Michael and prayed that he would get his life together, the mention of Martin Bashir’s name evokes contempt.

One of Mr. Bashir’s producers had initially contacted me in about 2000 to pitch a documentary about Michael’s life. I told Michael about it and strongly advised him to decline. “Your life’s not ready to be opened to the public.” I argued that for Michael to be in good physical and emotional health should be a precursor to any elective, much less extensive, public exposure. At the time, Michael seemed lethargic and unfocused. Besides, he was already famous enough and didn’t need this documentary.

Three years later, Mr. Bashir’s documentary Living With Michael Jackson appeared. Mr. Bashir had gone through a different friend of Michael’s who had introduced the two and a deal was made. The documentary depicted Michael as excessively materialistic with a seemingly bizarre relationship with a boy. Mr. Bashir called Michael’s Neverland Ranch a “dangerous place” for children. Mr. Bashir’s voice-over expressed uneasiness about what he viewed as an apparent obsession with children and pledged to confront Michael on certain areas of his life that Bashir found disconcerting.

What was not absolutely not right was Martin Bashir’s deception. What later emerged from footage Michael’s own cameraman took of Mr. Bashir’s conversations with Michael was the interviewer pretending to adore Michael’s unusual lifestyle, parenting and care for other children so as to gain the singer’s trust. What also seemed to emerge was Mr. Bashir using only that material which supported an unflattering image of Michael, prompting even The New York Times to criticize Bashir’s documentary as “callous self-interest masked as sympathy.”

During the 2005 trial involving allegations against Michael, Mr. Bashir was nearly held in contempt of court for refusing to answer questions about deceiving or manipulating Michael for the purposes of his documentary. Mr. Bashir declined to comment on such basic inquiries such as whether Michael signed documents in the presence of a lawyer and how many hours of footage were omitted from the documentary.

Of course, what made Mr. Bashir’s reputation was his interview with Princess Diana in 1995 about her failed marriage to Prince Charles. There are allegations that Mr. Bashir used the same deceptive techniques, feigning support for Diana in order to earn her trust. But at least in that case we have no actual footage of Bashir being two-faced.

Martin Bashir has never been held accountable for pretending to care for Michael in order to persuade him to open up, while all along, it seems his intention was to enhance his own reputation by burying Michael’s. A weird Michael Jackson was going to be a lot more saleable than a mostly normal yet highly eccentric performer. And let’s not forget that Michael faced trial over the boy who appeared in the documentary but was acquitted on all 10 felony and 4 misdemeanor charges.
    I want to make it clear that I strongly disagree with Sarah Palin’s comparisons between the national debt and slavery. It was a misinformed and unfortunate comment. But the fact that it evoked such horrible hatred from Martin Bashir should give us pause about a man who seems ready to trample on basic decency in order to get ahead.

• wo er Sarah Palin als Amerikas größten Dummkopf und Weltklasse-Idioten bezeichent

Wenn "nur" das stehen würde, könnte ich es sogar verstehen - ber der Rest ist wirklich widerlich.
    Ich kann Sarah Palin und ihre Affinität zu Waffen auch nicht nachvollziehen, wie so einiges Anderes, aber von den weiteren Aüßerungen, die Bashir machte, möchte ich mich dann doch ganz weit distanzieren.

• Huhu, :huhu1:
    ich mal wieder... :-D Bei dem Schmock würde mich nur interessieren, wann er endlich seinen Job verliert. Irgendwelche Intrigen die er spinnt oder weitere Entgleisungen... nun ja.
    Was mir aber ech aufstößt, ist den Fuzzi nun tagelang direkt auf dem Portal dieses Forums sehen zu müssen. :zungeraus: Könnte man das nicht eleganter regeln und das Video nur verlinken?

Ich mag ja mit sowas echt kleinlich wirken, aber der Typ ist so was von 'unästhetisch' und hat hier keine Platz verdient. :schulter:
    :herzi:

• Wenn "nur" das stehen würde, könnte ich es sogar verstehen - ber der Rest ist wirklich widerlich.
    Ich kann Sarah Palin und ihre Affinität zu Waffen auch nicht nachvollziehen, wie so einiges Anderes, aber von den weiteren Aüßerungen, die Bashir machte, möchte ich mich dann doch ganz weit distanzieren.

Dito!

Bashir ist so ein Trottel, hier zeigt sich ganz klar, wie vermessen und arrogant er ist. Danke LenaLena, ein weiteres Puzzlestück im Gesamtbild.

Zitat

I want people to NEVER FORGET the truth of how hard he tried, his struggle, to continue to entertain the world...the heartlessness of corporate greed. HE IS NOT A HOLOGRAM...he is not a puppet for the industry. He was a great HUMAN BEING made of flesh and blood. (KF)

• Könnte übrigens sein, dass Bashir bzgl. seines letzten Ausfalls den Job verliert, wurde in einigen Artikeln angedeutet.

Und tschüss! :ätsch: :daumen:
    Nach einem (Zwangs?)Urlaub und einem darauf folgenden Gespräch mit MSNBC-Vorgesetzten habe Bashir seinen Rücktritt/Kündigung angeboten. In einem Statement sagte der Präsident des Senders, Bashir habe mit sofortiger Wirkung gekündigt. Er verstehe Bashirs Entscheidung und danke ihm für 3 großartige Jahre, er sei ein guter Mann [ :fk: ] und ein geachteter Kollege. Man wünsche ihm nur das Beste.

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC In Cable-News Outlet’s Second Recent Controversy

Daytime anchor resigns after intemperate remarks about Sarah Palin

Daytime host Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC in the wake of controversial comments he made about Sarah Palin, the former candidate for vice president and popular conservative pundit. The anchor’s departure marks the second recent imbroglio for the NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet, which recently parted ways with actor and Friday-night host Alec Baldwin over similar unpleasant remarks.

“Martin Bashir resigned today, effective immediately,” said Phil Griffin, the network’s president, in a statement. ” I understand his decision and I thank him for three great years with MSNBC. Martin is a good man and respected colleague - we wish him only the best.”

Bashir, who hosted a 4 p.m. program on the network, has not been on the air in days, with MSNBC spokespersons telling people he was taking a vacation. In November, Bashir, a documentarian who has worked for the BBC and served as a co-host of ABC News’ “Nightline,” suggested Palin should be made to suffer slave-like conditions that involved the forced consumption of feces.

He apologized for the remarks subsequently, but that action has not diminished calls for him to be taken off the network.

In a statement, Bashir said he had taken “time out around the Thanksgiving holiday” after making an on-air apology. ” Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the President of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments,” he said.

Joy-Ann Reid has been hosting at 4 p.m. during Bashir’s absence, and is slated to host today’s hour as well, said Lauren Skowronski, an MSNBC spokeswoman, via email. “We’ll have an announcement about a permanent replacement host in the coming weeks,” she said.

The resignation adds to a strained time at the outlet, which took newly-christened Friday-night host Alec Baldwin off the air November 15 in the wake of an anti-gay slur he was heard uttering during a street conflict with press photographers. While Baldwin and Bashir do not represent the bread and butter of the lineup, their remarks are likely to fuel increased scrutiny of MSNBC’s programming and partisan stance. The network has long presented itself as a place for progressive political views.
    http://variety.com/2013/tv/new…t-controversy-1200918790/

• :Tova:

Zitat von »LenaLena«
    Könnte übrigens sein, dass Bashir bzgl. seines letzten Ausfalls den Job verliert, wurde in einigen Artikeln angedeutet.

Und tschüss! :ätsch: :daumen:
    Nach einem (Zwangs?)Urlaub und einem darauf folgenden Gespräch mit MSNBC-Vorgesetzten habe Bashir seinen Rücktritt/Kündigung angeboten. In einem Statement sagte der Präsident des Senders, Bashir habe mit sofortiger Wirkung gekündigt. Er verstehe Bashirs Entscheidung und danke ihm für 3 großartige Jahre, er sei ein guter Mann [ :fk: ] und ein geachteter Kollege. Man wünsche ihm nur das Beste.

sorry..
    ich kann grad nicht anders..

und tschüss :engelchen: :teufel: :teufel2: :teufel1:

was für eine freudige nachricht in der vorweihnachtszeit.. :zahn:

wie war das mit den lügen und dem marathon... :hmhm:

mensch michael... :herz:

:flirty:

• Heißt das, dass Bashit endlich weg vom Fenster ist??!!
    WUHUU! :michael3: :bi: :pp: :moonwalker: :curley:
    Hoffentlich entgültig, damit er nicht mehr die Chance bekommt, weiter Lügen zu verbreiten!!!
    Für mich in er längst einfach nur BASHIT! :agr:
    Ich bin froh dass ich erstmal nichts von dem hören muss! :applaus:

,,3 großartige Jahre...toller Mann" dass ich nicht lache!!! :auslach3: :raufen: Endlich isser weg! :gibmirfünf: